35 replies to this topic

#21 kacamata

kacamata

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Locationindonesian

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:57 AM

I used Casio G Shock AWGM100B-1A and Happy.

#22 AK813

AK813

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 12:37 AM

I've never relied on my G-shock watch alarm, it was always to quite and the pitch of the alarm I couldn't hear (I am slightly hearing impaired) I started wearing a Pebble Time watch and the alarm vibrates my wrist and wakes me up every time. It's a smart watch, so you can link it to your phone with multiple uses.

#23 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:16 AM

I'm on my second G-Shock in 20 years. They're damn near indestructible, in my experience. I don't use the alarm on them, but the first one took a real beating and never failed to keep the proper time; which, after all, is a watch's true purpose, right?

#24 Roger Heath

Roger Heath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:17 PM

Can't say that I've ever used a watch for an alarm.  I've never known them to be loud enough.  I only ever use mine as a timepiece, a timer, and a chronograph... and my G-Shock DW-9052 does those well.

#25 Ephie

Ephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 07 July 2016 - 11:57 AM

There are so many variations of G-Shock watches out there, it is a little mind numbing.  Any outdoorsmen/women out there that would recommend one that would be well suited for camping, boating, fishing, hunting, etc.?

Things like alarms are not a concern of mine, it is more about durability against the elements, waterproofing, visibility in poor light, etc.

Thanks in advance for any reccomendations

#26 Roger Heath

Roger Heath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:36 PM

I highly recommend mine, the DW-9052.  They're only about $70-80, and they're tough as hell.  I even bought mine used from a garage sale for $3 and it just needed a new battery.  Nothing fancy, it's all plastic, digital with a countdown timer, an alarm, a stopwatch, and a green backlight, and they take a CR2032 battery that's available pretty much everywhere.  It is on the bulky side, but it's a good no-frills no-nonsense watch that'll take a beating.

Looks like Walmart even has them on sale now for about $40.

#27 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 781 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 08 July 2016 - 07:19 AM

There are so many variations of G-Shock watches out there, it is a little mind numbing.  Any outdoorsmen/women out there that would recommend one that would be well suited for camping, boating, fishing, hunting, etc.?

Things like alarms are not a concern of mine, it is more about durability against the elements, waterproofing, visibility in poor light, etc.

Thanks in advance for any reccomendations

As a whole the above-average G-Shocks in terms of resilience would be anything tagged with the "Tough Solar" brand. They're usually slightly more expensive than the usual fashion G-Shocks, but given what I've seen and heard about from people who own them, they really can take a beating. In my dreams I own many Frogmen, but realistically I'm more inclined towards the Mudmen for price vs. value.

#28 Ephie

Ephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:33 AM

Thanks for all of the suggestions,

#29 janesien

janesien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:41 AM

This has got to be my dream G-Shock Watch for now.. THE GA-110-1B. gotta love that sleek sexy black

GA-110-1B_l_a49b925d-0f57-4db1-b408-6a9b

#30 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 781 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:27 AM

This has got to be my dream G-Shock Watch for now.. THE GA-110-1B. gotta love that sleek sexy black

This was a new set that came out recently, I love all of them: http://www.freshness...c-black-series/

#31 Roger Heath

Roger Heath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:47 AM

That is a slick-looking watch, but that dial is a bit... busy, perhaps?  I guess I'd have to see it "in person", but from the picture it looks a bit hard-to-read.

#32 Dan

Dan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:32 PM

Casio DW5600 for me.

http://www.casio.com...ock/DW5600E-1V/

dw5600e-1v_xlarge.jpg

#33 Dave

Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 10:16 PM

Casio GW-M530A tough solar and atomic. It's not to big but the time display is larger then most and easy to read. A good solid everyday watch that can take anything you can throw at it.

#34 BevoWatch

BevoWatch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:04 AM

One of my oldest watch is a G-Shock.  It's my ultimate beater watch that has been exposed to just about anything.  Dust, dirt, slime, blood, water, snow, long exposure to sunlight, been lost to a drawer for months without light for months and yet this piece stays alive and working great like new.  I've had this watch for more than 15+ years and without a battery change.  I still have it to this very day and I use it to synchronize my other autos/mech and quartz watches.  I can honestly say that I've gotten my $ worth with this old watch.  I paid around $90 for it through Campmor and considered it a big purchase back then.

Casio G-Shock MT-G

i-Gw4X3Cd-L.jpg

i-g8BdVrc-L.jpg

i-kFJdpTX-L.jpg

i-975BZQ4-L.jpg

Taxidermy is a messy job.

i-TPX632F-L.jpg

:) 

#35 BevoWatch

BevoWatch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:38 AM

Casio G-Shock GW-5000

Screw-down case back

Made in Japan

Suppler resin strap

Solar, atomic multiband 6

i-Kkfd96K-L.jpg

i-zTp5ZpL-L.jpg

i-mqVXjtt-L.jpg

I do however have it on a resin metal combo bracelet.  Diggin it.

i-xSjMfVV-L.jpg

i-Whtrz76-L.jpg

i-VwRKrsv-L.jpg

i-LnWV6hM-L.jpg

i-432SBDt-L.jpg

Love this watch!

#36 BevoWatch

BevoWatch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:35 AM

One of my beastly outdoors watch. Solar atomic ABC goodness.

Casio G-Shock Rangeman 

i-Thzmbkt-L.jpg

Dig the large pushers, easy enough to use even with gloves on.

i-SbMWxjL-L.jpg

i-tNLdVp4-L.jpg

Nice fishing watch.

i-C2dTj8p-L.jpg

i-vfsQsQT-L.jpg

i-RRRTc98-L.jpg

i-szvz42s-L.jpg

i-Z9bJv5r-L.jpg

• C RHODES likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users