28 replies to this topic

#1 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:26 PM

Good ol' Levi's! I take a decidedly non-tactical/utilitarian approach to my attire, and youcan't go wrong with a pair of Levi's jeans. Actually wore a hand me down pair of my dad's all through highschool and for about a year afterwards. They were a little over 20 years old when they finally bit the dust.

And you need a jean jacket. Seriously.

Anybody?
  • Heretofore likes this

#2 John B.

John B.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:53 PM

The Wife still rocks a jean jacket, but I can't bring myself to do so. Haha. 

• Stupendous Walrus likes this

#3 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:16 PM

She sounds like a keeper.

I don't wear it too often, but I like having it!

#4 Arnie

Arnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:19 AM

Love my Levi jeans. Those and cargo pants are my everyday standard for all times of the year except summer. I haven't worn a denim jacket since high school though. Wife does have and wears one.

#5 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:08 PM

I do own jeans, but don't wear them often. I'm pretty active, and jeans are a non runner in the clothes line up. (cotton is rotten) When I do, I wear either Carhart or Wrangler pro rodeo. Wouldn't be caught dead in levis, I never owned a jeans jacket. I usually wear an old well loved bomber jacket. 

#6 Guest_Pete Joseph_*

Guest_Pete Joseph_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:04 PM

I'm with CW on the Wrangler Pro Rodeo jeans.  I wear western boots a lot, and I haven't found a pair of Levi's that fit comfortably.  I haven't had a jeans jacket since high school.  Mostly hoodies or a flannel-lined work shirt for cooler weather, and a Carhartt for the real cold.

#7 Malcap

Malcap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:58 PM

Jeans go well with leather jackets and maybe a blazer.  Denim jacket are somewhat passé.  Now with the various cargo pants I have jean in the closet that are new.  Some friend don't where jeans anymore.

#8 Guest_Pete the Machinist_*

Guest_Pete the Machinist_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:39 PM

Jeans go well with leather jackets and maybe a blazer.  Denim jacket are somewhat passé.  Now with the various cargo pants I have jean in the closet that are new.  Some friend don't where jeans anymore.

I have a brown and a black corduroy blazer that go very nicely with jeans and oxfords.  I might be a little overdressed at the Kid Rock concert, though... :lol:

#9 Meghan Lewis

Meghan Lewis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 02:31 AM

I love my Levis jeans and like to wear at corporate events, usually with blazers. I am very confident at the time of presentations , one should wear outfits that gives confidence to you.

#10 WallyGator

WallyGator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationSwamps of Florida

Posted 07 November 2015 - 05:22 PM

Wranglers for me too. Seem to fit me better. Of course, they last forever as I wear shorts year round except for our week of winter in February and if we head out west. I do like my Wrangler fishing shorts too.  

#11 Dave

Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 12:06 AM

501's since college. They're classic and go with anything.

#12 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 02:21 PM

501's since college. They're classic and go with anything.

I can't deal with a button fly. 505's do the trick for me.

#13 Chris Lunsford

Chris Lunsford

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:59 AM

501's are my go to. Every single day. I literally wear no other types of jeans. And my fiance loves it, but hates when other ladies stop and take a look too in public. Levis are an American classic. I just wish they would go back to making them right here at home. They have a "custom" selvedge unsanfordized denim line under their LVC name that's made in the USA but I'm not paying $150+ for a pair. I usually either try to find the Mexican made ones since they seem to be the thickest and best cut. Or I look around on eBay until I find some NOS US made ones for a decent price

#14 Emily Sun

Emily Sun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:04 PM

Jeans go well with leather jackets and maybe a blazer.  Denim jacket are somewhat passé.  Now with the various cargo pants I have jean in the closet that are new.  Some friend don't where jeans anymore.

I like to wear holes in jeans.

#15 whosaidjazz

whosaidjazz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 06:26 AM

Definitely mostly Levis for me. A friend of mine has a penchant for double/triple denim in one outfit, or the "Canadian Tuxedo" to give it it's proper name.

#16 Heretofore

Heretofore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:07 PM

511 Levis for years.  Love them and they always hold up well

#17 Herman Ivan

Herman Ivan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:52 AM

My favorite brand Levi's love it <3

#18 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:15 PM

Hell, go pick my trash. I just tossed 2 brand new pairs of Levis in there. Got them a while back as gifts, still have the tags on em. Forgot they were in the closet or I would have tossed them a long time ago.

#19 pen10

pen10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:10 AM

I love my Levis jeans and like to wear at corporate events, usually with blazers. I am very confident at the time of presentations , one should wear outfits that gives confidence to you.

Agreed !!.I love my levis jeans and have been loyal to this brand for pretty long time.

Ball Pens,Gel pens

#20 Josh.

Josh.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 03:35 PM

I have exactly 3 pair of jeans that I rotate between...

2 pair of Levi's 541's

1 pair of Ralph Lauren Polo (which I only own because I found them in a Macy's marked down from around $100 to $30)

I plan on - eventually - adding a pair of the new "stretch" 501's to the rotation. They basically combine the aspects of the 541's I like with the classic 501 style.

But if it's even SLIGHTLY warm? I'm wearing cargo shorts. And I don't care what anybody thinks about that hahaa.

I'd wear a Levi's jacket if I wasn't in the "big and tall" side of things. I have ridiculously long arms & I have yet to find a Levis denim jacket that works for my sleeve length.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users