16 replies to this topic

#1 Daveho

Daveho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:03 PM

For a long time I would just buy a bottle of water or go to the sink and get a glass (good way to get away from the work desk for a sec) but over the past year I was introduced to what I think are probably the best drink bottles out there, it is if cause the humble Nalgene 1L narrow mouth. I'm rough on my kit, I always have been and I have split, cracked, lost and bunt a few bottles in my time but these guys withstand abuse, I have dropped it several times in the name of testing and still haven't split it. I really love these bottles I now have 3 of them.
  • brerliste likes this

#2 Daveho

Daveho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:08 PM

Here's one of mine, I actually lost one of mine to my wife now who also love them. I have on occasion also found the loop that keeps the cap to be sufficient to hold a full bottles weight so when I have had a full pack I have just looped it through some molle and it takes no additional space

Attached Files

#3 John B.

John B.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:34 PM

My hydro flask just came in. I also got the straw lid to go with it so I don't have to unscrew the lid each time I want to take a drink. Very pleased with it so far. **The dog wasn't as happy with the purchase as evidenced by her unwillingness to take a photo with it**

ZcFbNkom.jpg

#4 Daveho

Daveho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:43 PM

Nice, can't say I've seen one here in my neck of the woods but definatly looks the goods

#5 Albert

Albert

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationBrisVegas

Posted 12 July 2015 - 09:59 PM

I have three insulated water bottles these days (good when you want to keep your water colder with ice cubes!):

At home a Stainless Steel Ecococoon- http://www.biome.com...4160000977.html

On the bike a Camlebak Podium Big Chill - http://www.camelbak....Chill-25oz.aspx

At work a Camelbak eddy insulated - http://www.camelbak....sulated-6L.aspx

They're all very sturdy, and filling these up with water is a lot kinder for the environment than buying bottled water. 

#6 Shaun D

Shaun D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationI come from a land down under

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:57 AM

Ive got an Avex Brazos and its great, i get about 8 hours of ice cold water http://www.amazon.co...5&keywords=avex

#7 Dan Post

Dan Post

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:18 AM

Nothing too special for me, I use a Thermos. It sits in my backpack and goes with me everywhere.

Attached Files

#8 Hugo Luis Costa

Hugo Luis Costa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPortugal, Lisboa

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:26 AM

SIGG - Swiss made aluminium bottles

#9 Guest_Pete_*

Guest_Pete_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:49 AM

Steelworks by SIGG Metro cup for hot beverages.

Polar Bottle 24oz insulated water bottles for biking & hiking.

...and I have several stainless steel water bottles of unknown branding that my girlfriend bought for me, that I use around the house and at work.

#10 Chris Doherty

Chris Doherty

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 524 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:05 PM

I use my 40oz Hydro Flask every day.  It's an easy way to gauge how much i'm drinking a day by how many times i have to refill it

• John B. likes this

#11 Andrea Lok

Andrea Lok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:04 PM

I'm currently using a Sawyer mini filter and soft pouch, plus a metal bottle from my university days (it's dinged up but it works).  Doing temp work in a mall with a suspect water supply.  Used to boil the water, but I rather drink cold water on summer days.

#12 Miroslav Dudas

Miroslav Dudas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:02 PM

YoliY Motivational Stainless steel water bottle

I have YoliY Water Bottle and this bottle is great. The color is bright and easy to see. Everyone knows it is mine and I don't worry about it getting mixed up with another. The infinity symbol/logo and the John Muir quote are a sufficient dose of hippie without being too much. The actual bottle itself works great, standard vacuum seal. Hot/cold 12/24 hours the whole deal. Holds 1/4 gallon- very convenient for knowing how much water I need to drink during the day. Overall great product!

This Bottle is on Amazon for just $21.99! 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B017TAT4S2

71uXNL4gXPL._SL1500_.jpg

#13 Stefan Smith

Stefan Smith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 05:10 PM

I use a 40 oz Classic klean kanteen. Its hard wearing and is handling the treatment well

#14 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:48 PM

Right now, it's pretty unglamorous. Seeing as it is most often with me at work, I want something that I don't mind beating the hell out of, and holds a decent amount. Enter the Gatorade 32 oz! I drink 3-5 of these a day. Cheap, easy and durable. 

I keep a Vapur anti-bottle around for sticking in a pocket as needed, and a Brita filter bottle for the car.

#15 Jonny

Jonny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:56 PM

I had (and still have) a Nalgene bottle that I used every day for a couple of years but being that I commute a lot I got tired of being able to find water but not cold water and ice melts fast here in the deep south. I got a 32oz Hydro Flask on a black Friday sale and have loved it! After dropping it a couple of times while fumbling for my keys I spent the extra $15 on a nice thick clear silicone skin for it (also makes it quieter when setting it down) I have used it for 2+ years and it's great, even with 115 heat index it kept ice for almost a day depending on the temp of the water I was putting in it. 

Walmart has a knockoff Hydro Flask but I don't know how well they work.

#16 Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:29 PM

For a long time I would just buy a bottle of water or go to the sink and get a glass (good way to get away from the work desk for a sec) but over the past year I was introduced to what I think are probably the best drink bottles out there, it is if cause the humble Nalgene 1L narrow mouth. I'm rough on my kit, I always have been and I have split, cracked, lost and bunt a few bottles in my time but these guys withstand abuse, I have dropped it several times in the name of testing and still haven't split it. I really love these bottles I now have 3 of them.

Here's a bit of trivia - trivia is useless information - lol.

Now for some more useless information - Nalgene's were originally made to transport dangerous chemicals which is why they are so tough.

#17 Andrew

Andrew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:31 AM

This is the best insulated water bottle. check it out and you will love it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users