EDC Gloves

35 replies to this topic

#21 Gonzo the Chef

Gonzo the Chef

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:21 PM

My EDC Gloves in the winter are a pair from the Isotoner smarTouch line of gloves. They are not the warmest gloves but are great for everyday winter temperatures (up to -15 C / 5 F roughly), aren't too bulky or flashy and can be used with any touch screen devices. 

810aRlgwrzL._UX385_.jpg

#22 John B.

John B.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 03 February 2016 - 12:34 AM

Black Mechanix Mpact for me...but the new wolf gray ones are pretty sweet too!

#23 Malcap

Malcap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:21 PM

I have more gloves than I can wear.  I have three pair of Isotoners as far back as from 1985, I black, brown and tan.  They are well designed and wear very well.  Also Hatch gloves for shooting and Gripswell for driving.

#24 KmaXX

KmaXX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:36 PM

Hind makes a great pair of gloves. They're used by runners, but I really like the ones I have because they're light weight and super warm.

#25 Herman Ivan

Herman Ivan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:35 AM

Well i'm a biker so gloves are so important to me. Thanks for the more info :)

#26 JD

JD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 02:00 AM

Can't go wrong with Mechanix Gloves. They have really went after the "tactical" market. Tough gloves that are comfortable and cheap. I picked up the fast fits and the original in wolf grey and I love them.

#27 Bentley B

Bentley B

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 12:41 AM

Ironclad glove have a lot of styles. Check them out.

#28 Ephie

Ephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 15 July 2016 - 12:42 PM

Usually one type of mechanix gloves or another. I go through a pair a month or so on average. I keep both summer and winter, as needed. If I'm trying to melt a carbine, I'll bring a pair of Wiley-X with me. 

I was looking to buy a pair of Mechanix Fast Fit gloves  

https://www.amazon.c...mechanix gloves

#29 Wolfhunter

Wolfhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 August 2016 - 03:00 PM

I carry a pair of Hatch FM3500 Friskmaster on me when I leave the house. I like them a lot.

The only beef I have with leather gloves are that if they get wet they then dry with the speed of a fresh coat of paint in a thunderstorm and if the weather is cold they do not keep your hands warm. On the other hand, I very seldom wear them for warmth but for when I need to touch someone I don't fancy (drunks, junkies etc) and when I help friends out moving furniture, carrying firewood or somesuch.

Link.

I hear more and more people speaking highly of Mechanix-gloves so I may have to try those out in some shape or form in the future.

-- Wolfhunter

Security is not an option, it's a way of life...

#30 Roger Heath

Roger Heath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:51 PM

I saw that someone earlier made mention of BSX and Hobart welding gloves.  I use those myself-- BSX for MIG and gas welding, Hobart for stick welding, and Lincoln Electric for TIG.  After I'm done with the Hobart stick gloves, my girlfriend uses them around the pricklier plants in her gardens.

...and a couple pairs of purple nitrile in the FAK, of course.

#31 Louis

Louis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:25 PM

For shooting (handgun and shotgun) check out golf and baseball gloves. Quite tough for all the twisting of hands needed for the sports but still light and tactile.

#32 International Man Of Mystery

International Man Of Mystery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:37 PM

I use these Reebox gloves because they actually have hard knuckle protection - not some simple padding.

My hands always come out unscathed.

When cleaning I use these black nitrile gloves which are super cheap for a box of 100.

#33 Airth

Airth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:15 AM

Geier elk hide gloves in my jacket pocket for every day wear at work, and a set of heavy Wells-Lamont cowhide gloves stowed in my pack for when things get heavy-duty.  I usually modify both of those to make them more form-fitting, supple and longer lasting.

I'm also in rubber gloves at least a couple of times a week working with dyes and paints...usually from either Harbor Freight or the local Walton family-owned establishment. 

#34 Ephie

Ephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:33 AM

I was looking for gloves for outdoor use around the house, wood chopping, brush clearing, etc.

I just ordered this Wells Lamont three pack on Ebay after watching the review below.  

#35 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 805 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:59 AM

Slightly off-topic, are there any weight lifters or climbers in here? I recently tore through a pair of Nike basic ones (won't make that mistake again), and have since moved on to a sturdier leather pair (Alpha Structure) and was wondering what you guys used. I've also had some good experience with Under Armor gloves.

RR42JKg.jpg

#36 Ephie

Ephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:11 AM

I just received my Wells Lamont gloves, I paid $28.99 for a three pack on Ebay.  I got the Medium size (I only ever saw medium and large sizes offered) and they fit me well.  My hands are not particularly large, about 7 inches from the base of my palm to the top of my middle finger.  I have not put them to use yet but out of the box they seem like a well made, comfortable glove.  I will report back once I have done work with them and can gauge their durability.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users