What is your EDC Light???

308 replies to this topic

#41 Zulukilo

Zulukilo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:22 PM

Olight I3S (1xAAA), great little flashlight, was thinking to move up to something 1xAA, because here AA`s are more easy to find.

What are your thoughts about 1xAAA vs 1XAA?

It is important to be able find/have batteries, obviously. Perhaps Eneloop (or similar) rechargables might be something for you to look into. As to whether AA or AAA is better...that depends on you. How big of a light/what type of form factor do you want to carry? What kind of runtime would you want? How much output do you require?

#42 Razvan

Razvan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:03 AM

It is important to be able find/have batteries, obviously. Perhaps Eneloop (or similar) rechargables might be something for you to look into. As to whether AA or AAA is better...that depends on you. How big of a light/what type of form factor do you want to carry? What kind of runtime would you want? How much output do you require?

I am ok with the current runtime and output(80 or so lumens), I could live only with just an incremental increase due to bigger battery.

I think my best bet is to stick to the I3S along with a spare battery in my pouch and call it a day.

#43 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN Area

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:00 PM

I have a five day Fenix light rotation going.  Depending on the day of the week, it could be the E01, E05, E12, MC11 or the LD22.  But there's even more great news!  I ordered the Special Edition E99 in Titanium yesterday...she'll arrive Wednesday! 

• David Quevedo and Skin like this

#44 Luke

Luke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:19 PM

i use the Streamlight 66118 stylus pro at work. Very durable, bright enough and for the price a good buy i think. On night shifts it is my constant companion. It has been underwater and dropped form 40 feet or so and still works just fine. 

• David Quevedo likes this

#45 Chris Doherty

Chris Doherty

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 524 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:26 AM

I was just gifted a Streamlight Strion led so that's what i've been carrying. I also keep a Maglite Xl200 in my car for emergencies.

#46 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:15 PM

By the way, the E99 arrived early and was carried today.  The pic was submitted earlier today!  It's basically the E05, but in Ti.

#47 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:56 PM

New dude here. Hello. Key ring, Nova STS, Pants pocket 4sevens Preon ReVo, shirt pocket Preon II, belt, Fenix PD35.
No more than two at a time though.

imagejpg1_zps1584b577.jpg
New one for me. Great light. Nice UI.

I've been wanting one of those for a little while.  I love Fenix lights (although I've tended to buy more SolarForce hosts with P60 drop-ins, lately.

#48 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:01 PM

i use the Streamlight 66118 stylus pro at work. Very durable, bright enough and for the price a good buy i think. On night shifts it is my constant companion. It has been underwater and dropped form 40 feet or so and still works just fine. 

They're pretty tough little lights.  I ended up gifting mine (the original 24 lumen version)  to my Mom (She loves it!).

101_3418.jpg

#49 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:42 PM

I'm EDCing numerous lights; but the one I tend to grab the most, these days, is a SolarForce L2P host, with B6 stainless bezel, and a Sportac Triple Nichia 219 (dual mode), running on a Panasonic 18650 IMR.

IMG_2918.jpg

I'll take a better picture of the EDC lot and post it later on.  How I EDC the lights, depends on whether I'm at work, or not.  More on this later :-)

#50 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:47 PM

Nitecore SRT3, Fenix LD02, and a Maratac copper AAA.

Plus one on the SRT-3. It's a very cool little light. I need to find a replacement screw for the clip, though..

#51 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:12 PM

I have a five day Fenix light rotation going.  Depending on the day of the week, it could be the E01, E05, E12, MC11 or the LD22.  But there's even more great news!  I ordered the Special Edition E99 in Titanium yesterday...she'll arrive Wednesday! 

Congratulations on your new E99 purchase!  Please be sure to share some pictures with us, when it arrives!

#52 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:53 PM

Today's on-person EDC lights:

IMG_6262a-on-personEDCblackandwhite.jpg

Left to Right:

1. ThruNite T10 (original version) - cool white
  2. ThruNite T10 (2014 version) - neutral white
  3. EagleTac TX25C2 - XM-L2 U2
  4. SolarForce L2P with Sportac Triple Nichia 219 (two-mode)

When I need higher CRI, I'll also carry either a Grey SolarForce L2P with an International Outdoors XP-L U5 7A3 3-mode (extremely warm tint), and/or a Grey SolarForce L2N, with a custom Erik Kress XM-L 7C.

These are the on-person-only lights.  When I'm carrying a bag, there may be half dozen or so additional lights (to be listed/pictured soon!), which include other Hi-CRI lights, a UV light, a T6, etc.

I also pocket carry a Nitecore SRT3 in my jacket (when I wear one).  Occasionally, I'l make changes to what's carried.  These days, I seem to be consistently carrying these, though - unless I'm at work, in which case, I only pocket carry the SRT3 and theTX25C2 (and the rest are in a bag).

I'll post the SolarForce collection in the near future :-)

• Chris Szaroleta likes this

#53 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:47 PM

Today's on-person EDC lights:

IMG_6262a-on-personEDCblackandwhite.jpg

Left to Right:

1. ThruNite T10 (original version) - cool white
  2. ThruNite T10 (2014 version) - neutral white
  3. EagleTac TX25C2 - XM-L2 U2
  4. SolarForce L2P with Sportac Triple Nichia 219 (two-mode)

When I need higher CRI, I'll also carry either a Grey SolarForce L2P with an International Outdoors XP-L U5 7A3 3-mode (extremely warm tint), and/or a Grey SolarForce L2N, with a custom Erik Kress XM-L 7C.

These are the on-person-only lights.  When I'm carrying a bag, there may be half dozen or so additional lights (to be listed/pictured soon!), which include other Hi-CRI lights, a UV light, a T6, etc.

I also pocket carry a Nitecore SRT3 in my jacket (when I wear one).  Occasionally, I'l make changes to what's carried.  These days, I seem to be consistently carrying these, though - unless I'm at work, in which case, I only pocket carry the SRT3 and theTX25C2 (and the rest are in a bag).

I'll post the SolarForce collection in the near future :-)

Man!  You are prepared for the sun being blacked out by a cloud of volcanic ash spewing into the sky!

• David Quevedo and Skin like this

#54 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:07 PM

Man! You are prepared for the sun being blacked out by a cloud of volcanic ash spewing into the sky!

I like being prepared; and I love having a variety of light types/tints from which to choose. It adds to the fun, but the utility, as well!
  • Chris Szaroleta likes this

#55 Quinn V

Quinn V

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:18 PM

I carry the Inova X1. It has a high output of 80 lumens and a low of 11. Its super compact, its 4 inches long and is .75 inches in diameter. Also it only cost $14.

• Bernard Capulong likes this

#56 Craig Schaffer

Craig Schaffer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:40 PM

Mine is a Surefire 6P Defender with a recently added Malkov M61 LED MOD. 

http://www.malkoffde...3eb05be2e4c2460

• Bernard Capulong and David Quevedo like this

#57 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:55 PM

Mine is a Surefire 6P Defender with a recently added Malkov M61 LED MOD. 

http://www.malkoffde...3eb05be2e4c2460

You can't go wrong with a Malkoff drop-in.  They're pretty much bullet-proof :-)

• Craig Schaffer likes this

#58 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 781 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:32 AM

^ After I get an HDS the MDC is next on my list. All hail bulletproof lights! ;)

#59 John B.

John B.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:35 AM

I have a Streamlight Strion LED and a Streamlight Stylus Pro. The strion is extremely bright and has a strobe function.  It's small and compact enough to carry in a pocket, but I elect to carry the stylus pro more since it is more narrow and has a pocket clip. It's not as bright and doesn't have a strobe function, but it gets the job done. 

• David Quevedo likes this

#60 Glen

Glen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:33 AM

Just upgraded to an E99Ti; lovely little light. Just posted it in my carry!
  • Jambon and David Quevedo like this

ico50-twitter.gif ico50-instagram.gif ico50-tumblr.gif ico50-gplus.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users