EDC Boots

37 replies to this topic

#21 Tim Kramer

Tim Kramer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 03:30 PM

I have a unique challenge in that I have tiny feet. Like tiny man baby feet. Ha! Seriously I wear a size 5. Most of the sweet boots that I want, like RedWing Heritage start at a size 7 or higher. 

I did find a pair of Clark's Desert Boots that are pretty cool but not quite what I was after. 

Anyone out there know where I can get an awesome pair of Men's boots in size 5???

- Tim Kramer

Social Media Content at Saddleback Leather

www.saddlebackleather.com

#22 Franklion

Franklion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 03:54 PM

I have a unique challenge in that I have tiny feet. Like tiny man baby feet. Ha! Seriously I wear a size 5. Most of the sweet boots that I want, like RedWing Heritage start at a size 7 or higher. 

I did find a pair of Clark's Desert Boots that are pretty cool but not quite what I was after. 

Anyone out there know where I can get an awesome pair of Men's boots in size 5???

Have you tried looking at women's sizes? No joke. The designs between men and women for some brands like Docs are virtually identical. Not boots but K-Swiss had a pair of sweet sneaks that I got 4 pairs of all in different colors. They had one color not in my size so I got it in women's because it was the identical shoe.

Stop by and say "Hi!" | My complete Everyday Key (EDK) system and Everyday Work (EDW) carry.

#23 Herman Ivan

Herman Ivan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:45 AM

Nice shoes please give me more information :)

#24 Tim Kramer

Tim Kramer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 12:59 PM

Have you tried looking at women's sizes? No joke. The designs between men and women for some brands like Docs are virtually identical. Not boots but K-Swiss had a pair of sweet sneaks that I got 4 pairs of all in different colors. They had one color not in my size so I got it in women's because it was the identical shoe.

Wow, sorry I missed this one!

Good call. 

Yes, actually almost ALL the shoes I wear, including the Clark's are women's. Or kids. Ha! I just really like the looks of RedWing Heritage boots and would love to find a way to get them in my size. 

• Franklion likes this

- Tim Kramer

Social Media Content at Saddleback Leather

www.saddlebackleather.com

#25 Arto Desperta

Arto Desperta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 04:09 PM

Contact Red Wing and ask them to make you some custom boots.

#26 Joe

Joe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:28 AM

My problem is my feet run hotter than most so I can't wear "waterproof" or gtx anything without my feet getting overly sweaty.

I currently have McRae hot weather boots with side vents now that spring is here and the outsole is damn near indestructible.

takes awhile to break in, a couple blisters later and I'm in the clear now.

#27 Tanto Blade Advantages

Tanto Blade Advantages

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 11:34 PM

I definitely recommend 5.11 boots. I've been wearing a pair for 3 years now.

#28 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1250 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:20 PM

I needed new boots about two months ago, and decided to try out a pair of Lockport boat builders. I am now officially in love with those damned boots. From the second I put them on they were as broke in as an old T shirt. Soft leather, and the sole takes shock like a feather pillow. 

http://www.rockport....oot_darkbrownwp

#29 Roger Heath

Roger Heath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:46 AM

Irish Setter Farmington STs for work, Salomon Authentic LTRs for everything else.

#30 Von Lehmann

Von Lehmann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:53 PM

Oh and Tim Kramer, Broken Homme makes custom made boots for the same price as any other boot on the website. Might be worth checking out for you. https://www.brokenhomme.com/

#31 chorpie

chorpie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationCentral Coast, California

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:26 AM

I have a pair of Keen Gypsum mid top boots, they've been excellent. I can't do narrow toe boxes, so Keen shoes work perfectly for me, as there's a lot of room in the front. 

They're light as well.

#32 Von Lehmann

Von Lehmann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 05:59 AM

I mentioned the Timberland boots in the other thread, but my next ones will definitely be some Danner Mountain Lights. I just love that design and they look great with jeans.

efHtbPq.jpg

I think I already replied to this post but I couldn't see my pic...anyway. I have these exact boots. I wear them pretty much everyday during this tropical monsoon and I have had them up to 10,000 ft pretty recently. They are really not that heavy and insanely comfortable. My only complaint is the instep broke on my last hike but it has not been an issue. So again, big fan of danner. But you have to dig that retro look of these. Though I think I am going to buy a pair of Filson Uplander boots next

• Mikey Bautista likes this

#33 mya

mya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:13 AM

i suggest Tommy Hilfiger would be the best. it is very comfortable to use.

#34 Jason

Jason

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 11:49 PM

I recently just saw Under Armour release an updated pair of boots, I'm considering picking them up as I'm growing to like UA's quality these days for fitness wear and I don't want a full-on Danner-type military boot:

4cwXaAv.jpg

I picked these up in black about a month ago. They're incredibly comfortable.

#35 Ephie

Ephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:34 PM

I mentioned these Danner 600's http://www.danner.co...5/category/478/

in the shoe forum without noticing there was a separate boot discussion heading.

I have had the opportunity to get good use out of these in various weather conditions the past few weeks and am extremely happy with them.

They fit true to size and are very comfortable right out of the box.  

It has been cold and snowy recently here in New York and while not designed as a cold weather boot they performed well.  The sole was nice and grippy on packed snow.  The other week I wore them in 20 degree weather while  wearing a pair of mid-weight Woolrich socks.  Despite standing virtually still for over an hour watching my kid play hockey at an outdoor rink, I really did not start to feel the cold on my feet until around the last 15 minutes. 

#36 Airth

Airth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:24 AM

I have two pairs of Paladium boots which only get better the more I've worn them.  On Amazon for <$80, and they come in all leather (my personal preference), canvas, waxed canvas, or waterproof synthetic uppers.  Heavy treads, very little break-in time, and easily modifiable to make water-resistant.  I even added some DIY hobnails (carpet tacks) to make them usable in ice, which we get a lot of.  The pair pictured were originally the light tan "Sunrise" color, but I stripped and re-dyed them cordovan.

Although now made in Asian markets, Paladium was a French aircraft tire manufacturer that switched to footwear after WW2, when demand for war-ready aircraft tires plummeted.  

33243268251_405f81c9cf_z.jpg

#37 Mark Nielsen

Mark Nielsen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:07 AM

Check out Blundstones.

I had a pair for years and wore them for everything. The smooth leather takes a shine and they look sharp year after year. I had the chunky sole model and accidentally set the sole on fire once while they were on my feet (long, dumb story) I stomped them out and continued wearing them for another 2-3 years. Love those boots!

#38 Robert -White Feather

Robert -White Feather

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:11 PM

I've been wearing leather work boots for 15 years now, gave up on the cheaper shoes.  Used to buy Danners but 4 years ago switched to Carolinas, a bit more comfortable and about the same wear, lasts for about a year.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EDC, Boots

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users