What is your EDC Watch?

503 replies to this topic

#61 Frank Martin

Frank Martin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:38 PM

Had a Timex Expedition for years before it disappeared on me. My current EDC watch is a Timex Weekender with an olive green watchband.

• Mick Taffy Evans, Sam M and BevoWatch like this

#62 Chris Lae

Chris Lae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationPortlandia

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:29 AM

tumblr_njkdmgJ2R11tg525wo1_1280.jpgCurrently I'm swapping between my Timex Weekender on the left and my Timex Expedition Military Field watch on the right. Both are reasonably priced and keep accurate time. I also recently acquired a Momentum Steelix Field watch, which I'll post and write up a review of it soon. 

• Glen, John B., Dom and 4 others like this

#63 Jim Carr

Jim Carr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:35 PM

I've gotten weary of my Luminox Executive 2000 so i'm putting it away for now.

My new (to me) EDC watches will be a vintage Seiko 5 (1981) with steel bracelet.  And a newish Citizen 7 (1996) Automatic.  This is my first foray into mechanical watches so it will be an experience in dealing with their nuances.

They're incoming this week some time I hope.

Hey Mick: Why weary of the Luminox ?  I don't see a downside...

#64 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:33 PM

my luminox has had the movement replaced 2 times and now it just sits dead in the drawer. Maybe he is in the same boat.

#65 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN Area

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:46 PM

Ordered an MVMT last week.  Pics to be posted on Thursday!  I have a feeling owning this watch is going to lead to owning several, SEVERAL others in their line.  As affordable and as utterly sexy as they are, how could I not?!

• Glen and Dom like this

#66 Dom

Dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1010 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:22 PM

tumblr_njkdmgJ2R11tg525wo1_1280.jpgCurrently I'm swapping between my Timex Weekender on the left and my Timex Expedition Military Field watch on the right. Both are reasonably priced and keep accurate time. I also recently acquired a Momentum Steelix Field watch, which I'll post and write up a review of it soon.

I have the same Weekender. Like the Field watch!
  • Chris Szaroleta likes this

#67 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:24 PM

ooooohhh those do look good.

#68 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 967 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:01 PM

Sold my G-shock from earlier in this thread last week, and I'm now down to my single old faithful watch, the Seiko SKX779K "Black Monster":

pctwFof.jpg

Not sure yet if I'm going to upgrade to the new SRP Sharktooth, but I'll keep wearing this guy as long as he keeps on ticking.

• Dom, Chris Szaroleta, Aileen Ciriaco and 1 other like this

#69 Mick Taffy Evans

Mick Taffy Evans

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:28 PM

Hey Mick: Why weary of the Luminox ?  I don't see a downside...

Just been EDC'ing it for about 5 years now.   Don't get me wrong, I still love it but I feel it's time to mix it up a little.  

I got a couple of automatics (Seiko 5 and a Citizen 7) recently so i'll using those in rotation with the Luminox.

• Jim Carr likes this

#70 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:57 PM

The MVMT arrived!  Sleek, simple sophistication at its best.  At their price, it's too good of a deal to pass up.

tumblr_njotdvAciP1u25gmmo1_1280.jpg

• Glen, Duff72, John B. and 4 others like this

#71 Dom

Dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1010 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:03 PM

The MVMT arrived!  Sleek, simple sophistication at its best.  At their price, it's too good of a deal to ]

Nice Chris. Give us a review after you've worn it for a while. Will be nice to hear how it holds up.

#72 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:04 PM

Nice Chris. Give us a review after you've worn it for a while. Will be nice to hear how it holds up.

That's what I'm waiting to see, Dom.

#73 Marc

Marc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:32 AM

The MVMT arrived!  Sleek, simple sophistication at its best.  At their price, it's too good of a deal to pass up.

tumblr_njotdvAciP1u25gmmo1_1280.jpg

Nice piece Chris.  

#74 Jim Carr

Jim Carr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:42 AM

Just been EDC'ing it for about 5 years now.   Don't get me wrong, I still love it but I feel it's time to mix it up a little.  

I got a couple of automatics (Seiko 5 and a Citizen 7) recently so i'll using those in rotation with the Luminox.

Hey.. I totally understand that.. I also own a Citizen Eco-drive and have not really worn it, I think I should consider the rotation of EDC..

Thanks for the feedback Mick!

#75 Chris Lae

Chris Lae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationPortlandia

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:12 AM

So here's the Momentum Steelix. I've had it since Monday and so far I'm really liking it. Comfortable on the wrist, good lume and extremely easy to read at a glance. I'll have a more formal write-up after about a month of wearing it. Purchased on Amazon when they had their 20% off deal for watches for Valentine's Day.  

tumblr_njpwqgCtSI1tg525wo1_540.jpg

• Chris Szaroleta, browcs, DevoD and 2 others like this

#76 russell

russell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:15 PM

I just wanted to call out two favorite watches I've seen here that deserve some pub.

The Seiko "5" has been and continues to be one of the best deals on the planet. They're durable, come in a hundreds of different styles and they're dirt cheap. For about $60 about you can get a great, mechanical watch. That's a steal.

Oddly enough, another Seiko, the 779 monster has long been one of favorites with one caveat. A mineral crystal on the Seiko "5" is totally within reason for a watch that cheap. For the price of the monster the bulletproof nature of the rest of the watch, it's a sin that Seiko still uses "Hardlex" (mineral) crystals on them. From my viewpoint, it's a huge weakness to an otherwise legendary watch (for the price).

• Griffen Kociela, Mikey Bautista, Marc and 1 other like this

#77 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 967 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:52 PM

Oddly enough, another Seiko, the 779 monster has long been one of favorites with one caveat. A mineral crystal on the Seiko "5" is totally within reason for a watch that cheap. For the price of the monster the bulletproof nature of the rest of the watch, it's a sin that Seiko still uses "Hardlex" (mineral) crystals on them. From my viewpoint, it's a huge weakness to an otherwise legendary watch (for the price).

Funny story, the bezel on my Monster has been scuffed and damaged to hell -- if you zoom the picture you can see the chipping off the 50-minute bezel marker, thanks to an elevator door closing abruptly on my wrist, but the glass has been pristine for going on three years since I've owned it. Earlier in the thread I posted the King G-Shock, which has one the thickest bezels in the entire Casio line, and yet I managed to scratch the glass on that.

I've been on the hunt for an inexpensive diver with as much crazy C3 lume as the Monster with thick non-numerical indices, but so far, other than the new SRP Sharktooth Monsters (whose design I don't prefer over the original SKXs), I haven't found an alternative.

#78 Noel Rivas

Noel Rivas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:35 PM

I have two that I switch between.

Heuer Carrera 1964 re-issue

q6v5NEs.jpg

Sinn 856 UTC

4FdN1Xol.jpg

• Glen, Duff72, Mikey Bautista and 11 others like this

#79 Chris Lae

Chris Lae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationPortlandia

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:54 PM

Decided to roll with the Steelix again this weekend. This time it's on a gray NATO strap with black PVD hardware....

Really diggin' this watch!

tumblr_njs0g7fFk31tg525wo1_540.jpg

• Chris Szaroleta, Craig P Brown and Ludovic Babin like this

#80 Reece

Reece

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:57 AM

This is my Tissot couturier, very comfy to wear, would really like a tag heuer carrera for my next piece

tissot_zpspmgb7ow8.png

• Mel R., Chris Szaroleta, DevoD and 2 others like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users