What is your EDC Watch?

494 replies to this topic

#41 Dalton Siedschlag

Dalton Siedschlag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:42 PM

Mine is a G-shock lookalike that makes me want the real deal really badly.

#42 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 781 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:43 PM

Mine is a G-shock lookalike that makes me want the real deal really badly.

Don't need to spend a fortune for a good G-Shock! The 6900 series is good enough for the military, and this solar atomic version is very inexpensive on Amazon.

• Duff72 likes this

#43 Alester Lazar

Alester Lazar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:03 AM

I use my Moto 360 with an E3 Supply Company Natural Leather band:

20150109_184104.jpg

20150102_134138_HDR.jpg

20150101_224849_BEST.jpg

• Glen, Stupendous Walrus, Marc and 2 others like this

#44 Marc

Marc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:00 AM

That a really sharp looking watch!

• Alester Lazar likes this

#45 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:59 AM

That is a seriously cool watch!!
  • Alester Lazar likes this

#46 Jim Carr

Jim Carr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:32 PM

I almost exclusively wear Luminox 1941 Atacama Field Chronograph Tritium Watch

Attached Files

• Glen likes this

#47 James Caro

James Caro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:55 PM

HI everyone I am new here but wanted to show you My everyday carry watches . I have 3 which all enjoy wrist time. Being from a First Response/Security background I have grown to respect tough well made and reliable watches that are accurate for time keeping and glow well in the dark for time keeping without need for torch light or outside lighting. I tend to wear steel bracelets in offices and the NATO strap on the first responses I attended or when I am casually dressed and not in a suit. Enjoy and great to be part of such a great forum!.

Attached Files

• Attached File  032.JPG   148.4KB   0 downloads

• Dan, Glen, Mikey Bautista and 3 others like this

#48 russell

russell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:32 AM

I've recently moved from a locally made mechanical as my main EDC timepiece. I got this to replace an older, slightly different version and I really love it. I still love and, truth be known, prefer watches with springs and gear but this watch is, for me, an absolute must own. And I wear it more than anything else I have.

PROS-

-The titanium is light and strong. Citizen's Duratect finish is top shelf. It's much better than most Ti watches from a wear perspective. Ti also wear very comfortably. Although this is a generously sized watch, it's very light and sits very low on the wrist.

-Saphire crystal

-Accuracy. It's stupid accurate. If I were in Japan, it would automatically sync with their radio timekeeping system.

-Eco-Drive means it charges whenever there is light. This is my third Eco-Drive watch and the system has, for me, been flawless. Far superior to battery powered quartz watches.

-Tough. This watch was made to be worn and worn under difficult conditions. Since I make no attempt to baby my watches, I appreciate the idea I don't have worry about it being damaged during my casual use.

CONS-

-This is a JDM model and therefore, only available in Japan.

-At $500 MSRP it's not cheap (but, in my opinion, for what you get, it's a deal).

This is the kind of watch that I associate with EDC. The item is tool oriented. It's well built. It takes care of itself without a lot of intervention from me and most of all, it does exactly what it is supposed to do.

Attached Files

• Glen, Mikey Bautista, Dom and 2 others like this

#49 Dom

Dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1010 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:19 AM

I've recently moved from a locally made mechanical as my main EDC timepiece..

The locally made mechanical sounds cool. Let's see a pic!
  • Chris Szaroleta likes this

#50 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN Area

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:24 AM

The locally made mechanical sounds cool. Let's see a pic!

Dom read my mind.  Post it, Russell!

#51 russell

russell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:48 AM

I've recently sold this watch. It comes from a former client of more than a decade. The end of the relationship wasn't all that happy for me so I'm a little reticent to, or even be seen as promoting their stuff. That said, they're probably the best watchmaker in the US, one of the only ones that actually makes an entire movement they designed, here in US and they're easily a top tier watchmaker viewed globally. This is their calibre #151 pilots watch. While it does not contain the US made movement, it has an excellent Swiss movement that is entirely rebuilt and refinished here in the US. The case is made in the US as well.  End of commercial and critical comment. And thank you for being interested in my post.

151.jpg

• Glen, Dom and Marc like this

#52 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN Area

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:06 PM

I've recently sold this watch. It comes from a former client of more than a decade. The end of the relationship wasn't all that happy for me so I'm a little reticent to, or even be seen as promoting their stuff. That said, they're probably the best watchmaker in the US, one of the only ones that actually makes an entire movement they designed, here in US and they're easily a top tier watchmaker viewed globally. This is their calibre #151 pilots watch. While it does not contain the US made movement, it has an excellent Swiss movement that is entirely rebuilt and refinished here in the US. The case is made in the US as well.  End of commercial and critical comment. And thank you for being interested in my post.

It's great, Russell! 

#53 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 781 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:50 PM

This is the kind of watch that I associate with EDC. The item is tool oriented. It's well built. It takes care of itself without a lot of intervention from me and most of all, it does exactly what it is supposed to do.

Every tool maker should have this philosophy.

#54 Alex F

Alex F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:28 AM

gw9300b5002.jpg

• Dave, Huggy and BevoWatch like this

#55 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 781 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:18 AM

Just a heads up -- Massdrop currently has this available. $80 bucks for Swiss movement and sapphire is a pretty damn good deal:

T9SL2rn.jpg

#56 Duncan

Duncan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:09 PM

Hi guys! First post here. Watches is one of my real passions and I've owned literally hundreds from $50-$15k. After 20 years I finally settled on one watch, the Damasko DC66.

Image is from a recent article I wrote on my photo blog.

DB10-ZULU.png

You can find the specs here:

http://www.damasko.d...phs/sporty/dc66

No other watch I've ever owned was even close in durability. The ice-hardening process they use on the steel leaves it impossible to scratch. You'll see these come up on the used market sometimes and they're always in as new condition. Amazing watches if you're into tool watches, divers or aviators. I have no association with them, BTW, other than my own watch is being sent back to me tomorrow fro Germany, complete with the new bracelet. This is the only company I've heard of that insists on fitting a bracelet themselves, which is one one hand a good thing and on the other a real PITA. Worth it, though, IMO.

Technical Data
Basic movement
  • Valjoux 7750
  • Self-winding, mechanical movement
  • 25 ruby bearings
  • 28,800 half oscillations/hour
  • Shockproof according to DIN 8308
  • Anti-magnetic according to DIN 8309
Functions
  • Hour, minute, second
  • Weekday and date on special position
  • Chronograph: 12-hour counter, 30 minute counter, 60 second counter
Case
  • Stainless steel, bead-blasted, nickel-free*
  • Entirely hardened, ice-hardened to 60 HRC or 710 HV
  • Integrated anti-magnetic inner cage, anti-magnetic to 80,000 A/m or 100 mT
  • Sapphire crystal, antireflective coating on both sides, extremely scratch-resistant anti-reflective coating
  • Crystal gasket resistant to UV radiation
  • Solid screw glass back with O ring Viton™ gasket
  • Sealing elements of crown and pushers with permanent lubrication
  • Screw-down crown with crown protection, crown and pushers fully hardened
  • Waterproof as per DIN 8310, pressure-resistant to 10 bar/ 100 meters
  • Negative pressure resistant
  • Tested reliability at reduced pressure and acceleration to military standard and certified

(*) Notice: May contain traces of nickel because of the manufacturing process.

Dial
  • Matte black
  • Hour indicators and triangle at 12 o’clock coated with special luminous paint

• Glen, Mikey Bautista, Chris Szaroleta and 5 others like this

#57 rasbrito

rasbrito

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 02:59 PM

Hello to all, my first post here. I'm a long time member on watch forums and I just found out about this one...

Watches are my main passion, but I also like some EDC itens... well, my EDC watches are these two:

4e86bfb63c0522e747594aa64a66127e.jpg

G9300 and SKX007... both are perfect for my needs and affordable... I would recomend with my eyes closed these two models..

Greetings to all...

• Glen, Mikey Bautista, Dom and 4 others like this

#58 John B.

John B.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:42 PM

I bought a Suunto Core all black about a year ago. I absolutely love it. I wear it everyday. The storm alarm function is surprisingly accurate. You do have to recalibrate it in order for all the functions to be accurate, but that's not a problem. When I was trying to decide whether or not to purchase it, I saw a lot of people who were upset because of how dim the display is. Again, it's not really a problem. I think some were just whining...

• Huggy likes this

#59 browcs

browcs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:59 AM

I switch between three watches, a Seiko 5 made for Amazon, Suunto Ambit 2 (underneath the Seiko), and a Timex Easy Reader with a Worn & Wound black leather NATO strap.

Seiko%205%20Watch_zpsfwj3kqfb.jpg

• Jim L and BevoWatch like this

#60 Mick Taffy Evans

Mick Taffy Evans

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:49 PM

I've gotten weary of my Luminox Executive 2000 so i'm putting it away for now.

My new (to me) EDC watches will be a vintage Seiko 5 (1981) with steel bracelet.  And a newish Citizen 7 (1996) Automatic.  This is my first foray into mechanical watches so it will be an experience in dealing with their nuances.

They're incoming this week some time I hope.

• Dom, Marc and Chris Szaroleta like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users