Logo

Today's Active Posts

Photo
- - - - -

Pocket change - how do you handle your coins?

55 replies to this topic

#41 Murray Oliver

Murray Oliver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:37 AM

Coins?  What are those?  Who carries cash these days?  Get a debit card then hit up a good leather worker to make you a slim card wallet.   Thank me later :P

I Canada we have done away with the 1 and 2 dollar bills and have our Loonie ($1) and Toonie ($2) coins... Big old coins and inevitable when still using some cash through out a day. Excellent to have a few fro parking meters and helping the street folks.

I am a leather maker and have made myself several slim card holders and more traditional wallets even just recently.

But thank you all the same.

What nature requires is obtainable, and easily within reach. It is for the superfluous we sweat.

Lucius Annaeus Seneca

http://www.plinkercases.ca

maker@plinkercases.ca

#42 WallyGator

WallyGator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationSwamps of Florida

Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:21 AM

Here's a link to a small purse that I've carried for years. It snaps open and close. I just bought under one after one of the pins that holds the hinges together came out after 5 years.  Incidentally I usually carry it in my right front pants pocket along with my paper money in a money clip and a my keys. It does get moved on Sundays as I shift my church gun to that pocket. 

http://www.amazon.co...ords=coin purse

• Brendan likes this

#43 Brendan

Brendan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:23 PM

Here's a link to a small purse that I've carried for years. It snaps open and close. I just bought under one after one of the pins that holds the hinges together came out after 5 years.  Incidentally I usually carry it in my right front pants pocket along with my paper money in a money clip and a my keys. It does get moved on Sundays as I shift my church gun to that pocket. 

http://www.amazon.co...ords=coin purse

haha nice
church gun...
what make and model?

26th-infantry-division-subdued-patch.jpg

#44 WallyGator

WallyGator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationSwamps of Florida

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:51 AM

haha nice
church gun...
what make and model?

I currently carry a Roger LC9. I swore I'd never carry anything smaller than a 40 until I got my wife a LC9 in purple (it's a girl thing). I, of course, had to make sure that it worked right and found out I really liked it. So I bought one, not in purple. It's light, accurate enough for me and stands up to EDC. What else do I need?

#45 thelookout

thelookout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 02:10 AM

My Allstar Game (no, not the Converse) wallet has a front pocket to carry coins. When the pocket has good number of coins, it requires me to move the wallet from the right rear to the front pocket, so I keep it less than half to be comfortable. If not my wallet, the coins find their place in my Jeans' coin pocket.

#46 Jonathan Watson

Jonathan Watson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:28 AM

I've been struggling with the same... Living in Belgium I really can't do without a couple of coins. 

I 3D printed something I call "Cavity Card" which is a little add-on on a credit card creating just enough space to keep a couple of coins or a key while not adding too much bulk and still fitting my minimal wallet. 

Published it on shapeways: https://www.shapeway...hops/cavitycard

Let me know what you think!

What a great idea! Ordering my new Machine Era wallet tomorrow and one of your alu cards!

#47 Jonathan Watson

Jonathan Watson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:17 AM

I've been struggling with the same... Living in Belgium I really can't do without a couple of coins. 

I 3D printed something I call "Cavity Card" which is a little add-on on a credit card creating just enough space to keep a couple of coins or a key while not adding too much bulk and still fitting my minimal wallet. 

Published it on shapeways: https://www.shapeway...hops/cavitycard

Let me know what you think!

Just placed my order this morning! 

#48 alexthesmith

alexthesmith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 02:23 PM

What a great idea! Ordering my new Machine Era wallet tomorrow and one of your alu cards!

Always wondered why people like metal wallets. Aren't they uncomfortable in your pants?

#49 Nathaniel P

Nathaniel P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 November 2015 - 03:57 PM

Always wondered why people like metal wallets. Aren't they uncomfortable in your pants?

I carry a Kydex wallet, which is a very hard plastic. It's not at all uncomfortable when it's in the front pocket. Back pocket, different story.

#50 Murray Oliver

Murray Oliver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 14 November 2015 - 09:48 PM

Here is a new one:

http://bellroy.com/w...CFQQKaQodEioAHQ

What nature requires is obtainable, and easily within reach. It is for the superfluous we sweat.

Lucius Annaeus Seneca

http://www.plinkercases.ca

maker@plinkercases.ca

#51 alexthesmith

alexthesmith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:25 AM

I carry a Kydex wallet, which is a very hard plastic. It's not at all uncomfortable when it's in the front pocket. Back pocket, different story.

Right. I don't have many front pocket shirts. No wonder!

#52 Nathaniel P

Nathaniel P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 November 2015 - 09:28 AM

Right. I don't have many front pocket shirts. No wonder!

Sorry, I meant in the front pocket of my pants, not shirts. I also have very few pockets on my shirts.

#53 Jonathan Watson

Jonathan Watson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 09:44 AM

I just received my brass machine era wallet and thought it might be uncomfortable but it's actually hardly noticeable. Certainly less noticeable in my rear pocket than my old bifold leather wallet. It's just a lot less bulk and makes you think about what you actually need with you

#54 Syluxguy

Syluxguy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:31 PM

While I have yet to try it, take a look at this unique way to turn your change into a weapon:
the hot temale coin purse

#55 Mexx

Mexx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:10 PM

I got myself one of these and like it very much. It‘s small and fits perfectly in the 5th pocket.
The material is great and I like the feel, when it‘s worn in.

Attached Files

#56 David Maddox

David Maddox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:27 PM

I carry a spec ops the wallet which has a mesh zippered pocket that I keep my change in holds quite a bit too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users