Logo

Today's Active Posts

Photo
- - - - -

Phone in left front pocket, right handed?

40 replies to this topic

#21 Andrew Cohen

Andrew Cohen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationMonterey/Santa Cruz border, California

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:39 AM

Usually in back pocket left if it is not in the carry bag because the wallet is in the back pocket right. Knife in right front along with watch, pill box, worry beads, loose and scrap money. Left is for the flashlight, extra ducats, Sensa Minx, keys when I am carrying them. Semi-ambidextrous. Write with the left, knife usage with the right. Phone is either hand. I think I use it to look crap up more than I talk on it. I sometimes front pocket the phone. Either side. 

#22 Joe

Joe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:08 AM

I used to carry my phone in my front pockets, but I couldn't get my phone out when I was sitting

so I started carrying it in my back pocket, and I'd be sitting on my phone

finally, bought myself a defender style case that can be clipped onto a belt and all of my problems are fixed

the belt carry method works great for me, usually on the right side

it goes everywhere I go

stay charged, stay safe

#23 m hunke

m hunke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:49 PM

If I am out and about walking around my phone sits in my back left pocket. When I sit down at a restaurant or bar it either goes on the countertop/table or my left front pocket in my pants (because I am right handed my right side pocket tends to be overloaded). At work with a uniform, it sits in my right shirt pocket.

#24 Mike

Mike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:43 PM

Since I use a cane I often feel constrained with where I can place things.

If I want access to my phone at all, it has to go on my left side, the cane goes in my right hand.

That said, I've made a few modifications so that while left handed I can still unlock the phone and answer it pulling it from a pocket or a belt holster by the 2nd ring.

If I need to at that point, I will stop walking and take the call, or stop and pull my notebook and pen out of my right pocket to take notes in as the cane get's cradled.

#25 Murray Oliver

Murray Oliver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:55 PM

Several carries depending on clothing generally in order of preference. I am right handed:

• shirt with left side breast pocket,
  • warm vest left tummy pocket under big coat,
  • farm/outside work coat inside left breast pocket
  • Suit Jacket/blazer right outer and lower pocket, and last possible choice if can be avoided,
  • Pants rear right pocket

I am sure I will eventually get around to making myself a belt case or even IWB holster fro it but the shoemakers kids have the worst shoes it seems. I am not a fan of the big clakity otter box belt case thingy it came with.

What nature requires is obtainable, and easily within reach. It is for the superfluous we sweat.

Lucius Annaeus Seneca

http://www.plinkercases.ca

maker@plinkercases.ca

#26 drpoolio

drpoolio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 06:41 PM

I'm another right hander/left pocket guy, similar to the OP.  I carry my keys and knife as seen below in my right hand pocket.   I'm in and out of my car all day so the phone comes out when I hop in the car and goes in the cupholder.  I think it comes from driving so much that my keys are constantly in and out of my pocket so often it seems natural to use my strong hand.  

All this may have to be re-evaluated though as I just purchased a pocket .380 and that will have to go in that right front pocket. 

Here's how I carry my keys and knife.

20150906_114802_RichtoneHDR-01_zpsvmoqxb

20150820_070143_zps7bkaetjh.jpg

• Andrew Cohen likes this

#27 Dan

Dan

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 98 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 07:13 PM

phone has to be left pocket because knife is right pocket. Keeping them in the same pocket is a super bad idea, as it will undoubtedly scratch or crack the screen

#28 James DeAngelis

James DeAngelis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:06 AM

I keep my cell phone in my left pocket and my knife in the right. My one knife I can clip on my belt. I am still getting used to using a folding knife. I carried a boot knife for the longest time

#29 orangemustache

orangemustache

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:08 PM

Same. Right handed, phone in left front. Mainly because of knife/multi carry in front right.

Also, being right handed, I will have tools while working in my right hand more often than not and if I need to either check my phone or look something up, it's easy to do with my left hand while maintaining my right hand tasks.

#30 Bayla

Bayla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 02:12 AM

Same here, also I wear knife, keys, lighter in my right pocket so I am able to reach it with my right hand and I dont want it to scratch my phone.
  • Johnson likes this

#31 keystosuccess

keystosuccess

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 11:52 AM

right-handed, but i have my phone in my left pocket cuz i mostly use it with my left hand so i can have my right hand free for doing other things. wallet in front right pocket, and then carabiner with keys and stuff hooked on a belt loop and kinda sitting in my back right pocket

• Johnson likes this

#32 Franklion

Franklion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 12:20 PM

Easy. Top Pocket! (Gotta love The I.T. Crowd!!!)

• Andrew Cohen likes this

#33 Nick Frederick

Nick Frederick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:38 PM

my phone (galaxy s6) is in my left pocket, my knife in my right pocket. I can pull out my phone to use very easily with my left hand, but i cant use my knife with my left hand.

#34 Samael Strings

Samael Strings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:38 PM

Yup. Left pocket because gun in right. When I actually carry. Pure logic for a right-hand person.

#35 Johan Bertilsson

Johan Bertilsson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:47 AM

Yes my phone is in my left front pocket. Vcorinox and flashlight on a suspension clip and and my keys on a beltclip in my right. Since i'm usually wearing cargo pants my pocket organiser i my left cargo pocket, and my knife in my right cargo pocket.

#36 Roger Heath

Roger Heath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 07:56 PM

I have a cheapo TracFone that's small enough to fit in my shirt pocket.  On the rare occasion that I don't wear a shirt with pockets, it stays in the backpack.

#37 Miles W.

Miles W.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:46 PM

I actually came across this very predicament today. Since I have switched pen types to a bolt-action for work (which I leave in my office but carry while on the clock,) I can more comfortably engage the action with my right hand. Before this pen, I had used a G2 Limited which utilizes a standard click-type action and led to me priming the pen as I changed hands and pulled it across my body. When I am on the clock and I also do not have very good cellular service in the metal building leading to using my phone minimally. 

I now actually have a dual setup since my only left-pocket carry item for right now is my knife. 

While at work my phone is in my left pocket so I can use my carry items while on the job, whereas when I am off the clock I have less of a reason to pull the knife for a task and all pocket carry items can be accessed with my left hand.

*Update 08.05.2016, after making the conscious choice for about a week I now comfortably carry my phone in my left pocket at all times and gear in my right pocket. :)*

#38 Johnson

Johnson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:21 AM

My iphone5s is always in the left pocket .

#39 Ryan

Ryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:45 PM

I carry my phone in my back left pocket and I am right handed. This way I have both front pockets open. My wallet is my phone case. I would never have it on my right side. I like being able to press the screen with my right digits as I feel I can do it faster with more control.

#40 Alphonso Ngiam

Alphonso Ngiam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:23 PM

I have my phone in the left pocket and wallet on the right. Nothing in the back pocket because I am paranoid lol

• Ryan likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users