61 replies to this topic

#41 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 781 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:37 PM

You know, I just noticed that the clip sticks out from the bottom -- in the very least it doesn't affect tailstand ability and yes, a quick file should sort it out.

About the button, this is actually a pretty decent one for me as far as Ti buttons go. The last one I used on the Sunwayman V10R Ti+ was horribly flimy and wobbly, so much so that Sunwayman send owners a care package with a rubber boot switch.

I've also swapped out my Fenix E99Ti for this, and while it does take a bigger chunk of space in my pocket, it would be very hard to convince me to replace it just from its sheer runtime endurance. That said I may buy a normal T10 just for the lighter aluminum. :P

• David Quevedo likes this

#42 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:50 PM

Weight has never really bothered me, in a flashlight; as long as it puts out some really nice, heavy duty output.  But, I can understand a stainless or titanium light being substantially heavier than its all-aluminum counterpart.  Although I love the look of stainless and titanium (they're both gorgeous - especially in their polished form), I guess I'd rather just invest in the performance of a light, over the looks of it (given the choice between two of the same model, but in a different metal).

Not only that, but aluminum transfers heat away from the head, more efficiently than stainless steel, or titanium; so, unless I'm buying a larger light (with better heat sinking/cooling fins, etc.) aluminum always wins out, for longevity and heat efficiency - from a heavy-use standpoint.

#43 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:51 PM

Has anyone purchased, or is anybody considering purchasing a TN36?

#44 Tony Burns

Tony Burns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:59 PM

Has anyone purchased, or is anybody considering purchasing a TN36?

**slowly raises hand**

Since these big lights are such a big spend for each one, I've decided I'm only going to buy one maybe once every month and a half at the most. This one is on my list of possible candidates. You can probably see how I'm starting to pattern into wanting to try out each light per class, and I guess I'd consider this in roughly the same realm as my new TM16  :)

#45 Tony Burns

Tony Burns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:04 PM

TBH though, the Fenix TK75 2015 Edition looks like a more interesting light to make as the next heavy hitter purchase.

#46 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:30 PM

The TN35 was actually the one i had in mind.  I got my numbers confused.  I'm not really interested in the beer-can-like TM36.  The TN35 has the MT-G2 emitter, which I love.

#47 Darren Tong

Darren Tong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:34 AM

I noticed that all Thrunite T10 models come in either a Cree XP-L or XP-g2. which one is the preferred led? I know that the XP-L has higher output but what about abttery life and such?

#48 SimonC69

SimonC69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:36 AM

I've searched the forum and can't see a definitive answer, so I'll ask here:

Does the Ti3 have a reversible pocket clip? (or do any other small lights have one?)

I want something that I can occasionally clip to the peak of a cap (yeah, that one <---- ), rather than buying a headtorch (that won't get used enough to justify the purchase)

Hope it's OK to ask here?

Cheers

Simon

EDIT: Got my answer from Amazon now and it appears it does what I want it to :)

• Marc likes this

#49 Marc

Marc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:49 AM

Yes it does Simon.  FYI I've lost (and thankfully, found again) the clip off my Ti3 many times when I had it clipped in my pocket.  It's not solid enough and flies off the light when slight side pressure/twisting motion is applied (i.e. sitting down).  However, works well on a cap.

• SimonC69 likes this

#50 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:19 PM

Looks like Thrunite have a neutral white headlamp (750 lumens max), for forty bucks:

https://thrunite-sto...om/us/th10.html

Has anyone picked up one of these, yet?  Any thoughts?

• Ben likes this

#51 Nathaniel P

Nathaniel P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:55 PM

Hmm... Been looking at getting a good headlamp for early morning/late night rucking (Walking w/ weighted backpack). That one looks really nice.

Guess I'll have to venture out of my comfort zone of AA/AAAs...

#52 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 11:20 PM

Hmm... Been looking at getting a good headlamp for early morning/late night rucking (Walking w/ weighted backpack). That one looks really nice.

Guess I'll have to venture out of my comfort zone of AA/AAAs...

Nitecore have an HC50, on sale for $45.00 on Andrew & Amanda. I own one of these, and it's amazing, for the money (Usually 60 bucks).  Similar design.  I love it. 

http://www.andrew-am.../nitecore-hc50/

The 18650 battery is where it's at, if you want ultimate performance out of a battery (run times, output, etc.), and they can be charged hundreds of times.  Just don't skimp on the charger, or the battery. 

#53 dischu

dischu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 02:52 AM

Got my Thrunite T10T titanium neutral white yesterday and I love it already...

thrunite_t10t_0185ksx.jpg

The Thrunite T10T comes in a nice aluminium box. Beside the T10T there is a diffusor, spare switch, spare o-ring, spare screws for the clip, a small hex-wrench, user manual and finally a thank you card.

thrunite_t10t_02q3jg9.jpg

Total view. I think the specs are known or can be found on thrunite.com or different online-shops.

thrunite_t10t_03aokd9.jpg

The clip is screwed with hexagon socket screws. Not mounted with a clip to the lamp. I prefer screws.

thrunite_t10t_04bpjbx.jpg

Metal tail-switch. No rubber at the switch so no abrasion. And a small lanyard hole.

Easy UI and three modes ... moon, low and high. No SOS and no strobe. I don´t need that.

Operation:

Turn ON/OFF 
Press down and release the tail-switch to turn the flashlight on/off 
1.Switch ON: Press the tail cap button down completely until a "click" sound is heard and flashlight turns on. 
2.Switch OFF: Press the tail cap button down until a "click" sound is heard and the light is turned off. You also could turn the head loose a bit to turn the light off from on. 
Changing Modes: 
Method1: Half press the tail switch when the light is on to circle through firefly, low and high. 
Method 2: When the light is on, loosen the head a bit until the light turns off and tighten it in 2 seconds to change modes. 
Method 3: Click the tail switch to change modes (Interval between two clicks should be less than 2 seconds) 
Memory function: 
Memory function is activated after 2 seconds from the light turned off.Turn on the light after 2 seconds,the mode output keeps the same as your last use. 

thrunite_t10t_05srjv7.jpg

A properly centered CREE XP-L LED.

thrunite_t10t_06h5kb5.jpg

Detail THRUNITE logo.

thrunite_t10t_07otk8w.jpg

Detail model name and serial number.

thrunite_t10t_09h1kut.jpg

The new three everyday carry favorites. Beside the Thrunite T10T the Böker Plus Tactical Pen K.I.D. cal .50 and the Manly Comrade.

• Mikey Bautista and Marc like this

The 'Lemmium' campaign - Sign the petition

#54 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 781 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 04 February 2016 - 04:57 AM

Great review/pictures, dischu! I freaking love my T10T (also NW, but the older XP-G2 @ 169 lm). My next Thrunite will very likely be the new Ti5T so I have my A-type batteries covered.

#55 dischu

dischu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 07:04 AM

Thank you!

Yes, the Thrunite Ti5T looks very nice. I have seen it after I ordered the T10T. But as I know the Ti5T is not available in Germany yet.

There will be a Ti4T with 2x AAA also.

The T10T is my first Thrunite. Maybe there is a 2nd or a 3rd one needed in the near future :D

The 'Lemmium' campaign - Sign the petition

#56 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:18 PM

I think it'd be great if they built a model that's 18650 battery-based, but that was also in the titanium finish :D

• Marc likes this

#57 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:49 AM

My Thrunite collection..just missing my Ti Hi and my second TN4A Hi.My favourite is the TN12 it's easy to carry and the mode switch is in the right spot. The TN35 is a monster flood/throw mix which I mostly use to spot coyotes and deer on our property. I EDC the Ti Hi on my keys and rotate between the T10 and Archer for pocket carry and in those I use 10500 batteries and that really woke them up. So far no problems with any and Thrunite customer service has been great.

Attached Files

#58 Ben

Ben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:33 PM

Looks like Thrunite have a neutral white headlamp (750 lumens max), for forty bucks:

https://thrunite-sto...om/us/th10.html

Has anyone picked up one of these, yet?  Any thoughts?

I've been interested in this one too. My only pause is due to the rather greeny tint on my TN12 (2014) NW flashlight which I'm not a fan of.

#59 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 08:50 PM

I've been interested in this one too. My only pause is due to the rather greeny tint on my TN12 (2014) NW flashlight which I'm not a fan of.

This is the first time I've heard of a neutral-tinted ThruNite, having a greenish tint.  Is there any chance you ended up with the cool white tint on that TN12(2014)?  I only have two neutral white ThruNites (the T10, and the T20 (both 2014 editions, if memory serves correctly).  The newer versions of these now have the reversible clip (no longer screwed on, but clip-on/off.  Not sure if I like that, but if it's firm enough, could work well. The neutral tint on your neutral Thrunite should like this:

IMG_7470.jpg

as opposed to this:

IMG_7469.jpg

Both of these shots were taken, using cool and neutral white version of the T102014.

My nephew's TN12(2014) looks a little on the green side, but he has the cool white version, which is a huge reason I will always choose a neutral version, over the cool white version, of any light, when the option is there.

#60 Ben

Ben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:43 PM

This is the first time I've heard of a neutral-tinted ThruNite, having a greenish tint.  Is there any chance you ended up with the cool white tint on that TN12(2014)?  I only have two neutral white ThruNites (the T10, and the T20 (both 2014 editions, if memory serves correctly).  The newer versions of these now have the reversible clip (no longer screwed on, but clip-on/off.  Not sure if I like that, but if it's firm enough, could work well. The neutral tint on your neutral Thrunite should like this:

IMG_7470.jpg

as opposed to this:

IMG_7469.jpg

Both of these shots were taken, using cool and neutral white version of the T102014.

My nephew's TN12(2014) looks a little on the green side, but he has the cool white version, which is a huge reason I will always choose a neutral version, over the cool white version, of any light, when the option is there.

Hi, I do have the NW version and I've read elsewhere about the green. It's considerably greener than my other neutral lights and of course more than my Nichia lights. Perhaps it's too subtle to annoy most, I'm a photographer by profession so I notice it more perhaps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users