61 replies to this topic

#1 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:48 PM

To date, I only own four ThruNite lights. 

IMG_6265bandwc.jpg

ThruNite T10 (cool white), T10 (2014 Edition - neutral), TN30, and Catapult V3 (Dang..looks like the flashlights could use a cleaning, and the desk area needs a good dusting, huh?)

I wanted to pick up the super-throwy TN31, but I don't think it's in production any longer.  They have some other large TN series lights that seem appealing though. 

Of the bunch, I'm EDCing the T10 and T10 (2014).  The tiny T10 (2014 Edition) puts out a really sweet neutral floody beam, and is super compact.  

I've considered picking up their TN12 (a much higher powered 18650 sort of version of this light, but with a side switch for mode changing).  My nephew has the cool white version of the TN12 and loves it!

Any ThruNite users out there?  What are your favorite lights, and why?

• Glen, Laura Long, BarbaraVok and 2 others like this

#2 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN Area

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:09 PM

Only four???  You better step it up if your ThruNites are to compete with your Fenix collection!

• David Quevedo and Laura Long like this

#3 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:13 PM

Actually, my SolarForce collection is the largest of the bunch (15 lights, so far...).  I've yet to post that thread, since the picture I have was taken back when I only had twelve of them lol.  Love my SolarForce lights.  With the P60 platform, you can pick and choose the exact type of light engine you want, for the job at hand (beam, tint, modes, orange peel or smooth reflector, etc.). 

That's the next thread.  I just need to take some new pictures lol.

• Chris Szaroleta and Laura Long like this

#4 happy

happy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:42 PM

I've got the ThruNite T20. It's a great little pocket rocket but unfortunately the threads to install the clip were so thin they stripped with the slightest twist. I know I'm not the only one with this problem either. 

Really wanted to use the clip, disappointing at this part of the light. 

• Chris Szaroleta likes this

#5 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:38 PM

I've got the ThruNite T20. It's a great little pocket rocket but unfortunately the threads to install the clip were so thin they stripped with the slightest twist. I know I'm not the only one with this problem either. 

Really wanted to use the clip, disappointing at this part of the light. 

Sorry to hear about your problem with the threads. It'd probably be worth contacting the people from whom you purchased the light.  They might exchange it, with no hassles.  They may even install the clip for you, before making shipment of the replacement.  It's worth the phone call.

Please let us know how it all works out!

#6 Marc

Marc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:33 AM

Happy, contact ThruNite customer support.  I lost the clip off my Ti3 and sent them an email.  Found out ThruNite doesn't sell the clips separately but they offered to send me a defective flashlight so I could use the clip off it.  Turns out the "defect" on the one they sent me was a broken clip...how ironic!   :P Anyway, I now have two Ti3's, and I eventually found the missing clip in my cubicle at work. 

• Griffen Kociela and Chris Szaroleta like this

#7 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:11 PM

Just ordered a T20 (Aluminum/Neutral version).  :D  I'll be using this with a 16340 battery.

#8 Mel R.

Mel R.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • LocationSouth Central Texas

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:46 PM

Here's the new TN12 (2014 edition in neutral white) is just ordered, one shot with my trusty Fenix TK22 for size comparison:

DSCN0029_zpsryvclzgx.jpg

DSCN0030_zpsdqvwgaxu.jpg

Have to say that the TN12 is much more pocket friendly (I keep my light in a breast pocket for quick access when needed). So far been very impressed with this light, including the build quality. The TK22 is absolutely built like a tank, but I haven't noticed any appreciable drop off in te build of the TN12 - it feels very solid despite its lower weight.

Very happy with this purchase.

• Mikey Bautista, Dom, Chris Szaroleta and 1 other like this

#9 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:02 PM

Very nice new lights!

• David Quevedo likes this

#10 DevoD

DevoD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:57 PM

I've only had a taste of the TiS and have learned to keep my lights slim (no thicker than a AA battery) if they're primarily in my pockets. I'm impressed with the ease of use, quality construction and most importantly, the actual light.

Thinking of getting a T10S.

• Mel R., Chris Szaroleta and David Quevedo like this

#11 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:02 PM

I've only had a taste of the TiS and have learned to keep my lights slim (no thicker than a AA battery) if they're primarily in my pockets. I'm impressed with the ease of use, quality construction and most importantly, the actual light.

Thinking of getting a T10S.

I'm with you, DevoD.  I've been struggling between the T10S and T20S.

• Mel R. and DevoD like this

#12 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:11 PM

Here's the new TN12 (2014 edition in neutral white) is just ordered, one shot with my trusty Fenix TK22 for size comparison:

DSCN0029_zpsryvclzgx.jpg

DSCN0030_zpsdqvwgaxu.jpg

Have to say that the TN12 is much more pocket friendly (I keep my light in a breast pocket for quick access when needed). So far been very impressed with this light, including the build quality. The TK22 is absolutely built like a tank, but I haven't noticed any appreciable drop off in te build of the TN12 - it feels very solid despite its lower weight.

Very happy with this purchase.

I'm very glad to hear you're pleased with this new purchase.  Looking forward to any pictures you may want to share, since I've never seen this particular model, first-hand, in its neutral tint.

• Jim Carr, Mel R. and Chris Szaroleta like this

#13 Mel R.

Mel R.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:41 AM

I'm very glad to hear you're pleased with this new purchase.  Looking forward to any pictures you may want to share, since I've never seen this particular model, first-hand, in its neutral tint.

With my poor photographic skills, I've been reluctant to attempt any beam shots, but I can try to give it a go. Any tips you can share would be appreciated (my wife has a compact Nikon I got her for photographing her cakes/cookies, and it is somewhat programmable).

#14 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:52 AM

With my poor photographic skills, I've been reluctant to attempt any beam shots, but I can try to give it a go. Any tips you can share would be appreciated (my wife has a compact Nikon I got her for photographing her cakes/cookies, and it is somewhat programmable).

I try to always use a tripod when I'm taking pictures, as long as I have one available, and if I'm going to be shooting something with slow shutter speeds, especially at night. This really helps a lot.

If you're taking pictures with the phone camera, try to give the phone a chance to take a long picture, by holding the camera extra steadily, if possible. This helps a lot, as well.

Good luck!

#15 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:58 AM

Which Nikon model are you using? I can research a PDF manual for it, to see what special settings it may have, to help you take the best picture.
  • Mel R. and Chris Szaroleta like this

#16 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 12:01 PM

My T20 (and the Pentel GraphGear 1000 pencil,  I ordered through Amazon) should be arriving in today's mail :D

#17 Mel R.

Mel R.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 12:08 PM

Which Nikon model are you using? I can research a PDF manual for it, to see what special settings it may have, to help you take the best picture.

It's a Nikon S9600 - I don't use it very often, but it has various preset modes, and I know you can manually adjust some settings. Unfortunately, my wife no longer knows were the manual is :angry:

• Chris Szaroleta and David Quevedo like this

#18 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:21 PM

It's a Nikon S9600 - I don't use it very often, but it has various preset modes, and I know you can manually adjust some settings. Unfortunately, my wife no longer knows were the manual is :angry:

Got a few things to do, for a little bit - but I found the PDF manual for the S9600. Click below for a direct link to the manual, and you can save that to your computer or smart device.

http://download3.nik...00RM_(En)02.pdf

When I get the chance to peruse the manual, I'll give you a shout :D

#19 Dom

Dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1010 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:36 PM

We need a photography/camera thread!

#20 Mel R.

Mel R.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:52 PM

Got a few things to do, for a little bit - but I found the PDF manual for the S9600. Click below for a direct link to the manual, and you can save that to your computer or smart device.

http://download3.nik...00RM_(En)02.pdf

When I get the chance to peruse the manual, I'll give you a shout :D

Awesome! Thanks David, you're the man

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users