5 replies to this topic

#1 Lewis B

Lewis B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:16 AM

I have owned a ton of knives over my lifetime, some I love, some I hate and some I love to hate. What knife is your go to or most memorable?   

I'm asking because I lost a Buck Lightning HTA II in Blue a couple years ago and I had it since 2000......Not the best knife but it held up and worked hard despite some minor flaws while getting me through a lot in those years!

On a side note, if anyone has one they are looking to get rid of message me asap!

#2 Lewis B

Lewis B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:52 PM

To add to my original post, I tracked down one of these and purchased it! I should have it this coming week! I will try to post up a review and some pics once its in hand. it supposed to be still new in the box from 2000 so I'm pretty excited.

• Mikey Bautista likes this

#3 Moose

Moose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Posted 14 January 2019 - 12:33 PM

As a Englishman my edc knife has to be a slipjoint with a sub 3 inch blade.

I carried a Spyderco Urban (perfect day-2-day tool but not pocket bling by any stretch of the imagination) and just recently upgraded to a Bestech Junzi.

The Junzi has almost ruined my knife collecting hobby. It just so perfectly fulfils my edc knife needs (aesthetically as well as functionally) that most other slipjoints now leave me cold.

I'll never sell my Junzi, can't see it ever leaving my pocket and would buy a spare if they weren't so pricey (maybe one day..).

But as I understand it, this year Spyderco are bringing out a coyote brown Urban in AEB-L steel. So that will be my next 'must have' as I've wanted an Urban in brown since they first came out!

#4 Lewis B

Lewis B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:56 PM

As a Englishman my edc knife has to be a slipjoint with a sub 3 inch blade.

I carried a Spyderco Urban (perfect day-2-day tool but not pocket bling by any stretch of the imagination) and just recently upgraded to a Bestech Junzi.

The Junzi has almost ruined my knife collecting hobby. It just so perfectly fulfils my edc knife needs (aesthetically as well as functionally) that most other slipjoints now leave me cold.

I'll never sell my Junzi, can't see it ever leaving my pocket and would buy a spare if they weren't so pricey (maybe one day..).

But as I understand it, this year Spyderco are bringing out a coyote brown Urban in AEB-L steel. So that will be my next 'must have' as I've wanted an Urban in brown since they first came out!

I'm not familiar with this knife but will be looking it up very soon! I personally don't carry a slip joint just because sometimes I need a solid lock up when using a knife, but I do a few small slip joints I keep in each one of my bags as a backup!  Which model spyderco is coming out with the AEB-L steel I don't know much about that kind of steel

#5 Moose

Moose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:47 PM

Hi Lewis.
The Junzi is an excellent modern slipjoint design. Definitely worth checking out if you're interested. The new slipjoint coming out in AEB-L is the Spyderco Urban. Its earmarked to have coyote brown FRN scales.

#6 Brendan

Brendan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 11:35 PM

The custom Benchmade I made for my birthday last year.
I think it's picture is posted in another thread.
26th-infantry-division-subdued-patch.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: knifeknives, sharp, cutonce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users