Fountain pen

3 replies to this topic

#1 Matija Ljubičić

Matija Ljubičić

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 09:58 AM

Since I can see there are a lot of fountain pen fans here, any recommendations for someone who is has no experience in what to get and how to start?

#2 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1099 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:32 PM

Check out the Pilot Metropolitan series, and for a step up, the Vanishing Point line. The Kaweco Sport line is pretty popular for EDC, and on the more expensive end, the Lamy 2000.

#3 International Man Of Mystery

International Man Of Mystery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:16 PM

Try a disposable onbe first to see if you like it and are able to avoid smudges. I recommend the Pilot Varsity for a super cheap disposable. If you wish to proceed I can recommend several brands but I do have a preference for clear demonstrator pens like the TWSBI Diamond series (twsbi.com)

#4 Matija Ljubičić

Matija Ljubičić

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:23 PM

Try a disposable onbe first to see if you like it and are able to avoid smudges. I recommend the Pilot Varsity for a super cheap disposable. If you wish to proceed I can recommend several brands but I do have a preference for clear demonstrator pens like the TWSBI Diamond series (twsbi.com)

I got some kind of disposable one but it seems to leek so I'm not overly fond of using it. That's why I asked about fountain pens. I believe if I had a better one to test I would be much more satisfied and use it a lot more. 

Currently, I have the Zebra Fx with Space pen cartridge and While the cartridge is great it seems to be slow on the retracting way because of the silicone insert in Zebras tip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users