Slim and elegant knives

6 replies to this topic

#1 Matija Ljubičić

Matija Ljubičić

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 02:54 PM

Hello, I'm looking for recommendations for elegant and slim knives similar to Boker urban trapper. Do you guys have any suggestions?

#2 Lewis B

Lewis B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:21 AM

are you looking for multiple blades? I would say look into a swiss army knife (SAK) they come in different sizes, styles, budget and its classic. single blade? if a single is what your after the Opinel knife seems to be a classic gentleman folder or even some of the Buck folders. There are probably so many more to add to this list but I cant do a knife without a clip so this isn't something I would typically carry.

#3 Matija Ljubičić

Matija Ljubičić

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:25 AM

I'm looking for a single knife that has a one-handed opening. Spring action is not a must and I'd prefer it to have rolling bearings instead of the spring.

I own Opinel currently and its great but I'm looking for an upgrade.

#4 Lewis B

Lewis B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:07 AM

Have you ever held a Benchmade 940?  I had a 940-2, its super light, great steel, and looks like a classy knife. it has a thumbstud for opening and uses a axis lock.  I sold mine and I'm kicking myself. its a decent blade but it is costly. My only issue is the Jimping is too smooth compared to a spyderco PM2

#5 Matija Ljubičić

Matija Ljubičić

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:04 PM

Haven't held it yet but at a price of 200€, I don't even think I want to.

Steel is great, its S30V steel which is better than VG 10 on Boker and if I were from America the LIFESHARP program would be a great incentive to get this item. However, seeing as I'm located in Europe that kinda has no effect seeing as shipping with taxes for return would cost as getting a new knife each time...

#6 Matija Ljubičić

Matija Ljubičić

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:05 PM

Correct me if they have an Eu subsidiary for the life sharp incentive....

#7 Lewis B

Lewis B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:46 PM

Haven't held it yet but at a price of 200€, I don't even think I want to.

Steel is great, its S30V steel which is better than VG 10 on Boker and if I were from America the LIFESHARP program would be a great incentive to get this item. However, seeing as I'm located in Europe that kinda has no effect seeing as shipping with taxes for return would cost as getting a new knife each time...

I'm not going to lie I like VG-10 a lot. its a great steel that takes a good edge and holds it for a bit.  I have a spyderco delica 4 with it, and a Kizer mini sheepdog flipper that's amazing with vg-10. Both of these are about $75 USD brand new.  Sorry I was not thinking about you being overseas, and cost of shipping each time. Price does not always dictate quality but I have purchased a couple higher quality knives and to me its so worth the extra money if you can wait.  I'm actually curious to hear a real review about that Boker  Trapper that was posted. If I didn't just purchase another knife less than an hour ago I would be looking to pick it up

• Mikey Bautista likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users