Logo

Today's Active Posts

Photo
- - - - -

So people really carry all these full size multi-tools? I think not.

7 replies to this topic

#1 Lon V

Lon V

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:27 AM

On the EDC photos here, you see tons of full size multi-tools (MT).

Lots of these appear to be office type guys, not someone who during their work day would reach down on their belt and utilize their MT several times a day like a construction worker, plant engineer, etc.

If any of you watch Nutnfancy on youtube, he said when he does gear checks, he NEVER sees a full size MT, but on here you would think every guy carries one religiously. In my opinion, most of the EDC photos here are not realistic.

They are things the guy WANTS to carry, but does not due to size and weight of the MT, etc.

Another pet peeve of mine is gear that looks like it just was opened from an Amazon box. A "write in the rain" notepad without a single crease or bent page, that supposedly sits in your pocket 12 hours a day for a month or more? I think not.

If you did gear checks on these guys, they would have have half of the stuff you see in their photos. 

#2 Lewis B

Lewis B

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:29 PM

I agree with most of the statements you made, most probably don't carry a ton of stuff. now depending on your job will dictate what you can carry and or need to carry.  I leave out my "work wallet" in any EDC pic I have taken because its awful looking. As for a full size multi-tool I know a ton of people that carry them as an edc and use them for work.  I also carry my skeletool Multi-tool when I know I will need it usually when I work, but that tool does not make up for a good blade so I carry a knife as well. Anything I post is what I use and will have wear, but I am also very OCD so I try to keep everything clean and taken care of. I am currently kicking myself for my natural G10 scales being chipped on my pm2 but Its also not a safe queen.

• Lon V likes this

#3 James A Cathcart

James A Cathcart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 07:24 PM

I actually do carry a full-size Leatherman Wave+ everywhere. It, along with a Case pocketknife for food prep, rides in a Skinth belt holster. I even work in a HR dept. for a university and no one bats an eye. In fact, people are frequently asking me to use one tool or another.

• Lon V likes this

#4 Ryan Sweeten

Ryan Sweeten

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 01:30 AM

I carry a wave on my belt at work and a rebar in my pocket on my off days. It comes in handy enough to carry it plus I’m kinda a leatherman fanatic
  • Lon V likes this

#5 Lon V

Lon V

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 08:23 AM

I actually do carry a full-size Leatherman Wave+ everywhere. It, along with a Case pocketknife for food prep, rides in a Skinth belt holster. I even work in a HR dept. for a university and no one bats an eye. In fact, people are frequently asking me to use one tool or another.

That's great.

Just curious, what tool do the mostly need when they use your MT?

#6 International Man Of Mystery

International Man Of Mystery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 01:40 PM

My EDC gear mostly runs in my pockets (Swiss army knife, flashlight, Fisher bullet pen, etc.) and the rest of my gear is in my backpack. In there (apart from gloves, IFAK, rain poncho and gloves) is a Leatherman Charge Tti among other things. 

#7 Darren Tong

Darren Tong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:21 PM

I guarantee everything on my post is in my pockets

#8 Lewis B

Lewis B

• Members
  • PipPip