OTF Knives

1 reply to this topic

#1 Dennis Mia

Dennis Mia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 12:17 AM

Does anyone carry or prefer to carry an auto OTF for their EDC?  If so what brand do you carry?

#2 Lewis B

Lewis B

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:59 AM

I carry a Microtech ultratech Hellhound. I love it but its also a novelty in the same right. It literally depends on what I'm doing for the day and my full EDC that day if I carry it. Honestly they are not 100% reliable like a folder so I still carry both (2 is 1, 1 is none).  Now my Ultratech occasionally will not retract all the way and then you pull the blade out to lock and then try again.  this seems to be a common problem with all OTF's I have tried. Its not often at all but it does happen. It also has a glass breaker on the end, which is handy if the situation requires it. Now when it comes to OTF's you should find one that is a good size for you and I assume when you say auto OTF you want a dual action (fire and retract) with a switch, not a single action with a charge handle (these also tend to be bigger in size from Microtech at least) I went with the ultratech model because its perfect size for me. There are smaller and larger then this but its slim, fits in my pocket and hand. 

this is mine

https://www.instagra...ton_share_sheet

If you have any questions about them let me know.  Also check your local laws and make sure they are legal in your area or else no one will ship it to you unless its bought from someone else getting rid of one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users