shoes

76 replies to this topic

#41 keyPunch

keyPunch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 11:14 PM

ECCO Neoflexor, Five Finger Classic to Danner Patrol...

#42 Malcap

Malcap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:30 PM

If you can find them for a decent price, try Piloti Driving Shoes.  Sebring, Prototipo and Spyders.  The Spyder are like low sneakers and feel like you are wearing bedroom slippers.  They have a lanyard quit tie lace.

http://www.ebay.com/...9885?rmvSB=true

#43 blackfeathers

blackfeathers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:06 PM

Solomon Speedcross 3 with Quicklace system. They're trail running shoes. They are very light and very comfortable.

#44 Renegade Pilgrim

Renegade Pilgrim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:34 AM

Altra Instinct 1.5s

or

Luna Monkey sandals

Depending on weather.

#45 Scott

Scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:39 AM

when Temp >= 60 degrees I wear my chacos (which is almost all the time in cali) 

when Temp < 60 degrees I wear my ecco leather boots, forgot the model. 

• Dave likes this

#46 Andrea Lok

Andrea Lok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:17 PM

Work = clark's (I don't remember what model, bought them when I needed a pair for "professional" clothing)

Work (iff it's casual or gross) = pair of knockoff sneakers from China/Hong Kong.  The tread is almost gone, but they lasted for two years.  $1.50 Canadian.

Casual = Converse (any model except for the nasty high tops)

#47 Malcap

Malcap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:55 PM

Just as an aside.  I mentioned Piloti driving shoes in a past email.   They are apparently back in business but their prices are up there a bit.  Nice shoes though.

#48 Mike

Mike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:29 PM

I too, have a pair of these.. Or had, they finally bit the bucket.  Now, I cannot seem to find them anymore locally.

I sort of have to have slip ons if I want to get them on unassisted with a hip and leg issue that makes tying shoes extremely painful.  So, a slip on like these that felt good and tight was a great find.  

Used them for hiking and general walking, good solid and comfortable.

I bought a pair of these Merrell Moab slip-on shoes just after Christmas, and like them so much they've hardly been off my feet for a day since. Very comfortable to wear as well as walk a good distance in, tough, easy to slip on and off but secure on the foot, able to cope with a rough(ish) trail as well as urban living, and with a bit of style, they seem to me to be just about the perfect EDC and travel shoes. Any others have their own favourites?

http://www.amazon.co...ttachicon.gif">81OEQQE4mVL._UX575_.jpg

#49 LHoltz130

LHoltz130

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:30 PM

EDC houseshoes/slippers.  Ideal for slipping on and getting the newspaper in the wet grass.  Made from old pair of sneakers with an Xacto knife, pencil to mark the cuts and super glue to close the seams.   

#50 LHoltz130

LHoltz130

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:32 PM

EDC houseshoes/slippers.  Ideal for slipping on and getting the newspaper in the wet grass.  Made from old pair of sneakers with an Xacto knife, pencil to mark the cuts and super glue to close the seams.   

Attached Files

#51 Joe

Joe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:45 AM

edc shoes? haha, whats next ..edc socks?

well, Since I got into goretex fabrics, I typically wear Salomon Esapes. an "every season, every adventure" kind of trail shoe

I've got backup shoes in my car that are lightweight and breathable, work boots that I still have from my last job.

and if I'm barefoot at home and need to run outside for a minute I'll throw on a pair of flip flops

#52 David E

David E

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:52 PM

I have both Merrel Moab hi and low cut for hiking, work and every day.  My last pair of Moab's lasted me over 8 years with my wearing them to work often.  As an RN and having worn a pedometer at work I average 12-15 miles a shift.  I also have ECCO walking shoes and hiking boots.  GTX all the way.

• Dave likes this

#53 Jason Chupick

Jason Chupick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:46 PM

I'm in NYC so the EDC aspect has to be seasonal. The four go-tos are:

• Land's End boots (a sort of Danner clone),
  • brown Banana Republic oxfords
  • red Chrome Industries Kursk sneakers (very stiff, versatile, good for cycling, casual, even gym)
  • Quicksilver flip flops

#54 Yoel

Yoel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:00 PM

Im a proud owner of a pair of classic sperrys for about 4 years now and they've taken a beating throughout these couple of years, either way they get the job done haha

#55 Brendan

Brendan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:40 AM

EDC shoes?

more like EDW boots...

the only time im in sneakers is when im at the gym or running a PT Test

but the few times they're on my feet its a pair of Mizuno wave prophecy 3s in black and silver

otherwise its just socks, or in my many pairs of boots

3 pairs of rocky combat boots

1 pair bates side zips for my civilian job, 

1 pair Oakley SI for when in ACUs

and another pair of bates for yard work and etc.

oh also a pair of bates quarterframes for when i have to dress in my ASUs....

26th-infantry-division-subdued-patch.jpg

#56 Benjamin Cartwright

Benjamin Cartwright

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:16 PM

It would be a jump in the cost of shoes spectrum, but the Beckman Chelsea from Red Wing offers a slip-on option while still providing a quality boot. I understand while breaking in a pair of leather shoes might be difficult at first (and also breaking the bank for a pair of leather shoes), but from personal experience I can attest that it is well worth the wear-in process, and will only add to the character of your EDC.

http://www.redwinghe...sea-black-02929

I would also like to add three other options that are not slip on, as even though a slip on shoe might be useful for some, many who have to use their feet in different and rougher ways, will prefer something that doesn't accidentally slip off.

For the younger EDC'ers out their I choose the PF Flyers Center Hihttp://www.pfflyers....lack_with_White

Not only is this a timeless shoe that looks great and sells at a very good price, but also as it is the name of the brand (Posture Foundation), they are a very comfortable shoe that is perfect for walking in between classes, standing too long at a party, or any of your "Everyday" activities. The company has also recently introduced a "Made in USA" line for those who enjoy the higher quality that comes with that label. 

For the accidental shoe abuser: the Chippewa "Odessa"

https://www.chippewa...r/classic/20028

This is for that person who wants the most out of their shoes while still looking good. What is great about a boot like the "Odessa" is that the more Sh*t you put it through the better they are going to look. Now obviously with a pair of leather boots you will have to condition them every once and a while, but that will only add to the beautiful aging characteristics that come with quality leather goods. The Odessa can stand anything; not only does it have a super rugged outsole that will keep your feet underneath you in any weather, but they can be used for rough outdoor activities and also look great at a family dinner ( as long as you clean them a little beforehand). Another thing is that in the pricing of boots these are definitely a great buy coming in at only $209.

Those people that walk to work. Red Wing 9197 Postman Boot: http://needsupply.co...stman-boot.html

This is for that EDC'er that wants the best of both worlds and much more. Not only is the "Postman" something one can dress up, but also with the wedged outsole it is something that can easily be dressed down. This is a shoe meant for commuters as the name somewhat implies. this shoe was used by postman and police officers (I believe), in the 50's and 60's and today it can be used by a different group of people doing somewhat of the same thing (a lot of walking, biking, standing, etc...) the price of these are $280 which might be a little steep for some, but again you have to keep in mind that this is something that will become your best friend; a pair of quality boots will last you ten times longer than your Nike Free's, Chuck Taylor's, Vans, Etc... and will look ten times better while doing so ( your street cred will only rise after you get those sweet boots on your feet.)

#57 James DeAngelis

James DeAngelis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:49 PM

I really like the 5.11 advanced boot but for every day I wear a pair of 

Salomon XA Pro 3D GTX Trail Running Shoe. very comfortable but cost me 160 bucks!!!

#58 Malcap

Malcap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:03 PM

If you guys want to poke-around looking for EDC shoes you can give Piloti a shot and the 5.11 Trainers.  Piloti driving shoes seem to be back in business and wear like slippers.  As well the 5.11 Trainers are unbelievable light in weight are also slipper-like.

#59 Patrick

Patrick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:26 PM

Work: J Shoes Monarch boot or Cole Haans Preston Oxfords. 

Gym: Asics...? or Saucony Mirage 4 in Green

Leisure summer shoe: Chaco's Z-1 sandal with toe strap in black or Vans Off the Wall authentic in off-white 

Heavy-duty work: SC loggerman's 8" lace up boots in brown

Winter leisure: SC loggerman's 8" lace up boots in brown or Original Penguin Waylon Oxford in brown

#60 shmevro

shmevro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 03:17 PM

I wear a pair of King Gee Steel Toe Work Shoes for work. I only work in retail so steel toe isn't completely necessary but since I work in a retail environment where we sell and move tool cabinets, car jacks & air compressors regularly the peace of mind is nice.

Other than that it's just a pair of Vans (classics of course) or thongs (flip flops for the American population).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users