packing digital nomad travel

No replies to this topic

#1 Johnny FD

Johnny FD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:50 PM

I really loved watching Tim Ferris's packing video five years ago when I first started traveling and ever since then have made my own.  It's a great way to see what is actually needed, and get recommendations on what to bring and what to leave behind.

Here is my digital nomad lifestyle backpack, filled with everything I'll need as a location independent entrepreneur in Chiang Mai Thailand as well as Europe this summer.

My Packing Video: https://youtu.be/aj6OQ65sWrU

(I couldn't' figure out how to embed it to play on EDC)

Clothes:   There's a new Uniqlo here in Chiang Mai which now allows me to buy quality clothes that actually fits my American frame.  Bringing enough shorts and clothes for a year is no longer required.  The only thing I would recommend to bring clothing wise is underwear and socks.    

Shoes:
Bring your own shoes, especially if you have double wide feet like mine.  For sandals I highly recommend Luna Mono sandals.    

IMG_8189.JPG

Electronics:

Bring your laptop.  Get yourself either a Chromebook or a Macbook air.  If you do a lot of reading, get a kindle.  If you're going to do recording, bring a USB mic or two as a backup. 

Watch the video for more tips and tricks on what I brought with me during this 1 year trip back to Thailand.  I'll be doing a bit of traveling as well through Europe this summer, but for now, Chiang Mai will be my home base.

4 Years ago:
For those who are curious how much my life has changed, I made this packing video in October 2010 during one of my first long trips out to Thailand.  I was really into scuba diving and muay thai back then which I wrote about in my first book 12 Weeks in Thailand. 

Old Packing Video: https://youtu.be/yBOeL55ZCBY

Hope everyone enjoyed this post!

Host of the Travel Like a Boss Podcast

Digital Nomad Blog: JohnnyFD.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: packing, digital nomad, travel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users