#1 WallyGator

WallyGator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationSwamps of Florida

Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:46 AM

No, I'm not trading my wife off. She kill me if I did, matter of fact, she's probably kill me any way!

I'm looking to get her a small high power light for her to carry in her hand at night. Something with high lumens and / or strobe but can be adjust to a more reasonable level. Let's say $50 or less. I've looked through the flashlight gear list and got some ideas but I figured you gurus may come up with something different. 

#2 Kyle Noble

Kyle Noble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:16 PM

Define small... are you targeting a certain cell? Do you want the ability to run rechargeable batteries? Need more info from ya to help out!

#3 WallyGator

WallyGator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:52 PM

Small = palm size. She'd be okay with rechargeable batteries. Any more info?

Define small... are you targeting a certain cell? Do you want the ability to run rechargeable batteries? Need more info from ya to help out!

#4 Kyle Noble

Kyle Noble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:39 AM

Thorfire vg15 s is a good budget light that I think can be had for close to your price after buying the battery. You’ll be over budget however when you factor in the charger. I own that light but find it too big for pocket carry however for walking the dog, night walks, etc it’s perfect. Might check out the brand Olight and look at there products. A small light that’s rechargeable without a separate charger ( and perfect for edc imo ) is the streamlight microstream usb. The only catch there will be the short run time on the higher lumen setting.

#5 WallyGator

WallyGator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:57 AM

Thorfire vg15 s is a good budget light that I think can be had for close to your price after buying the battery. You’ll be over budget however when you factor in the charger. I own that light but find it too big for pocket carry however for walking the dog, night walks, etc it’s perfect. Might check out the brand Olight and look at there products. A small light that’s rechargeable without a separate charger ( and perfect for edc imo ) is the streamlight microstream usb. The only catch there will be the short run time on the higher lumen setting.

Thanks Kyle! I hadn't thought about the streamlight I have one floating around here somewhere although it's not usb chargeable. I'll checkout the olights. she's a purple girl so that's a factor too. Why couldn't I have married a plan black color loving girl?     

#6 Kyle Noble

Kyle Noble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 01:31 AM

No problem man! I feel the pain as well about the color situation... I think she’s on her third ccw pistol now due to color, nothing else.

#7 Jenna Zhang

Jenna Zhang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:17 AM

I envy your wife as her man makes a good husband for her. Hope she would like the gift you chose for her~~

#8 Mike Blum

Mike Blum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 02:29 PM

I got my wife a Surefire compact model, single function...bright lite only, no strobe or lower power etc. Uses two NR123 batteries.

Since her bag is heavier than the total weight of all my EDC gear, she doesn't mind a larger than palm sized light.

#9 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:56 AM

While I'm all for the more expensive stuff like SureFire or Olight (which is what I have), for people getting into flashlights/on a budget I would recommend the Wowtac A1S. It's related to ThruNite in some way (not sure if they actually build it), but reports say the build quality is mostly the same. A rechargeable battery is included, price is great for the lumens and quality you get, and there's even a neutral white option available.

#10 WallyGator

WallyGator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 07:52 PM

While I'm all for the more expensive stuff like SureFire or Olight (which is what I have), for people getting into flashlights/on a budget I would recommend the Wowtac A1S. It's related to ThruNite in some way (not sure if they actually build it), but reports say the build quality is mostly the same. A rechargeable battery is included, price is great for the lumens and quality you get, and there's even a neutral white option available.

That's a good price for ThruNite quality!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users