sunglasses

114 replies to this topic

#101 Airth

Airth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:32 AM

I've worn polarized safety glasses as sunglasses for several years now...around $20 at the big box hardware stores.  Comfortable, stylish, dark and polarized, and they're ANSI-rated.  I've managed to keep up with them, but if they're ever lost or broken I'm only out $20.

#102 John

John

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:08 AM

Oh, I long for the days that I could wear any sunglasses I wanted! Now I'm as blind as a bat without my prescription glasses, but I'm just got new Ray Ban frames and Transitions lenses that work in the car...not quite my old Wayfarers but it's a start.

#103 Dydimus

Dydimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:50 AM

I wear a ray-ban wayfarer almost every day (true EDC), is quite sunny here year-round. 

I also have a prada aviator that I wear when I want to look stylish  :D, this one was a gift though.

• John likes this

EDC

#104 PsychGuy

PsychGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:33 PM

Wiley X P-17.  I lug the hardcase around in my EDC bag to better keep up with them.  I bought them last September, and it's the first pair of sunglasses I've owned that haven't been cheapos from a convenience store or mall kiosk.  

I'm contemplating supplementing with a pair of aviators.  I've always liked those, and now that they seem more, shall we say, socially acceptable again, I'm considering.  Foster Grants perhaps, lol?  

#105 seamuis

seamuis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSavannah, London, Baguio

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:02 PM

I've carried the same pair of Persol polarised sunglasses for 6 years. Been all around the world with me in that time, and has not broken or needed any maintenance. And I am not known for being gentle with my things. One of the best investments I've ever made, if I'm being honest. i have no need for more than one pair. I do have a pair of vintage gold Randolph HGU4/P's, but I don't wear them, as they belonged to my father.

#106 James A Cathcart

James A Cathcart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:54 PM

I have two pair of prescription RayBans, some New Wayfarers that I carry in my EDC bag, and some Aviators that are permanently kept in my car.

#107 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:05 PM

For years I just bought cheap sunglasses and thought they were fine.  Then I took a job on a cruise line as an IT manager.  Sun and Sea teach you quickly that cheap sunglasses don't cut it.  

Since then I've been a loyal owner of Costa Del Mar.  Nothing compares in my opinion.  They cut the glare to almost zero while making everything else pop.  

They're not cheap but the company stands by their product.  

ETA:  Those are Costa's in my profile pic...  :)

#108 The Narrow Gent

The Narrow Gent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:19 PM

I wear Warby Parker Topper 200 as my EDC. I use an old, worn out and scratched pair of Oakley Flak Jackets for sports; although, I really want to replace those with a new pair. I would love to get a pair of Ray Bans and Persols in the future as well. I also came across the brand Knockaround that sells cheap polarized sunglasses that take inspiration from Ray Ban New Wayfarers. Has anyone got those? If so, how do you like them?

#109 PsychGuy

PsychGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:14 PM

Wiley X P-17. I'm looking for some quality UVA and UVB blocking aviators preferably anti-scratch.

#110 Aaron Soh

Aaron Soh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:08 PM

i switched to GATORZ after having been an Oakley fan for 20years...lens n built quality is superb!  At mid $100 price range its well worth every $$ :)

#111 Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:12 AM

I wear squint brand.

#112 Mike Blum

Mike Blum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:26 PM

Either Govt Issue 'pilot' sunglasses or Oakley M-Frames.

#113 Alex F

Alex F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:21 PM

I Oakley Chainlink with custom polarised lenses for work... and Oakley Flak 2.0 with customer vented revant lenses for play. 

#114 OAV

OAV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:38 PM

I’ve had multiple sunglasses: Bolle, Oakley, Ray Ban. Currently have a pair of New Wayfarer by Ray Ban with my prescription but honestly my prescription glasses with transition lenses are the best. I always have them and they fit everything I wear. I find the New Wayfarer’s a little too sporty, so mostly wear those if it’s going to be a day on the bike or at the beach.

#115 Mike Blum

Mike Blum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:19 PM

United Optics for EDC, Oakley M-Frames for range use, Bolle' for backup in the vehicle.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sunglasses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users