115 replies to this topic

#21 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1382 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:31 AM

To each their own. Even when playing baseball I still couldn't get into them.

They're not bad. Optics are decent for middle upper end sunnies, and they have held up pretty well. They're a little heavy and the nose pads could use some work to make them a little more comfortable, but they provide good protection by being a wrap around style, and keep alot of crap out of my eyes. I picked up some different colored lenses to swap in and out as light dictates. But they are work glasses. 

#22 Chanaski

Chanaski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:01 AM

I have 2 pairs of Bolle 401s that I keep replacing whenever they wear out.
I also have a pair of Native Vigor that stay in my commuter bag.

• Dave likes this

#23 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:39 PM

Maui Jim Banyans
  • Dave likes this

#24 Dave

Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:21 PM

Maui Jim stingrays or Native dash.

#25 Heather

Heather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:06 PM

I also have Warby Parker sunnies and glasses.  I've used the home try-on twice now and had a great, fast experience both times. I've had two pairs of glasses and one pair of sunglasses from them. The sunglasses and second pair of glasses were recently purchased.  The shopping experience is pretty great.  They give measurements on every pair, photos of the glasses on models from all angles and lately they've added a lot more styles and materials to their line up. Nothing but positive things to say about them.

#26 PeteJ

PeteJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:43 AM

Am leaning to a company called Rudy Project http://www.rudyproject.com/ for my next pair:

Found them as my dad used to do High level triathlon and had them as his cycling sunglasses, ended up borrowing them with a low visability lens when i went snowboarding and was absolutely blown away by them. Can massively recommend them to anyone who needs replaceable lens's for different uses and ones that will last, While He is careful with them, He has had the same pair inc lenses for over a decade.

• Marc likes this

#27 Marc

Marc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:00 AM

I can vouch for Rudy Project glasses.  Bought a pair way back (15yrs ago now) similar to their Deewhy model when I used to do mountain bike 24hr races.  The frames came with three sets of lenses: clear, yellow and dark.  Depending on time of day/night, I'd switch the lenses to accomodate the light level.  I still use them occasionally, and eventhough they have been used, abused, and dropped many times, they are still in great shape.

• Dom likes this

#28 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 10:35 AM

I will have to check these out. they look great.

#29 qwerty

qwerty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:49 AM

This is my EDC sunglasses http://luxuryoptical...asses-iago.html. Looks very cool!

#30 Murray Oliver

Murray Oliver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:00 AM

Ray Ban tortuous shell "Club" style. I have been wearing them long before the hipsters got into them. I always wanted to look like my dad and his pals in those pictures from the 50's and 60's. their were just cool....not hip.

I do need to find a good set up for shooting glasses... multiple lenses but entry level as I don't use them everyday.

What nature requires is obtainable, and easily within reach. It is for the superfluous we sweat.

Lucius Annaeus Seneca

http://www.plinkercases.ca

maker@plinkercases.ca

#31 Dom

Dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1010 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:02 PM

I just picked up 2 pairs of prescription Nike glasses. I'm not a particular fan of the brand, and didn't even know they made frames. So they had a couple styles that fit what I was looking for and took a shot. They're well made, super light, and fit great. Time will tell if they're durable enough. I'll post up some pics.
  • big Easy likes this

#32 Matt Richards

Matt Richards

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:12 PM

I rotate a few pairs depending on formal/informal etc. I wear Oakley frogskins for informal or golf and then either Persol Steve McQueens or Orlebar Brown for a smarter look.
  • Dom and Dave like this

#33 big Easy

big Easy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 05:39 PM

I'm very biased. I've been using Oakley longer than I can remember... currently using Antix, batwolfs, and half jackets for everyday use, I use mframes at the gun range or playing sports. I love how vircitile they are. My mframes can change from clear to polerized lenses in seconds. Many options as far as personalizing then or making them my own.... and great quality eye wear.
  • Dave likes this

#34 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1053 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:24 PM

In gaming circles there are these popular "blue-blocker" glasses called GUNNARs. I know you shooter guys have had the tech for years before this marketing hoopla, but I do need something anti-strain/fatigue/glare, and I do believe amber lenses are still the best for this. Any inexpensive recommendations? I tried looking through Amazon but there are way too many choices.

#35 Harshit Gupta

Harshit Gupta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:02 AM

I usually don't consider brands in terms of EDC Sunglasses. The one thing that I see for sure is that they protect my eye from sunlight..That's it.

• SrLongBeach likes this

When you think of something, Go for it.......

Love to Carry victorinox trekking Knives and leatherman multitools for outdoors survival.

#36 Dom

Dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1010 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:20 AM

I usually don't consider brands in terms of EDC Sunglasses. The one thing that I see for sure is that they protect my eye from sunlight..That's it.

There's much more to it than that. My eyes are a vital organ, I'll protect them. Some things to consider with eyewear:
- lens material - is the material reasonably shatterproof ?
- frame material - is it durable? Do they fit my head and will stay on in all activities?
- UV protection - dark sunglasses do not necessarily block UV light
- polarization - usually only available on higher end glasses
- optical clarity - as a general rule, higher end glasses will have better clarity. That's subjective to he wearer.
  • Marc, Dave and big Easy like this

#37 Dave

Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:00 PM

There's much more to it than that. My eyes are a vital organ, I'll protect them. Some things to consider with eyewear:
- lens material - is the material reasonably shatterproof ?
- frame material - is it durable? Do they fit my head and will stay on in all activities?
- UV protection - dark sunglasses do not necessarily block UV light
- polarization - usually only available on higher end glasses
- optical clarity - as a general rule, higher end glasses will have better clarity. That's subjective to he wearer.

couldnt agree more! My eyes are my lively hood. I don't scrimp on my eye protection. All good factors to consider Dom when buying sunglasses
  • Dom and big Easy like this

#38 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1382 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:20 PM

In gaming circles there are these popular "blue-blocker" glasses called GUNNARs. I know you shooter guys have had the tech for years before this marketing hoopla, but I do need something anti-strain/fatigue/glare, and I do believe amber lenses are still the best for this. Any inexpensive recommendations? I tried looking through Amazon but there are way too many choices.

I have been wearing colored shooting glasses for probably 30 years. I have (I think) 6 colors for different lighting indoors and out. It makes a big difference. Yellow and amber are light collecting for low light conditions, and are probably my most 2 used pairs overall. Try checking out the Wiley X line. They have a ton of styles, and are reasonably priced for good quality glasses. You can see a bunch of them here.

http://tacticalgear.com/wiley-x?pg=2

• Mikey Bautista likes this

#39 Dave

Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:48 PM

I had a pair of Ray-Bans, but they were heavy and consequently

hurt my nose when I wore them for a long period of time. Recently,

I bought a pair of polarized Oakley Holbrooks and I definitely like the trade.

They're less fancy than the Ray-Bans due to the frame being plastic,

but they're lighter and more suitable for everyday carry in my opinion.

• big Easy likes this

#40 big Easy

big Easy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:25 PM

This reminds me of the vodka commercial where the guys go into a bar and say "it doesn't matter what Vodka" and they all get jacked up haircuts, get some foul tattoos and all end up on some bus to some 3rd world country for vacation... I'm not judging on how you choose your glasses (sunglasses) but I personally do consider which brand when it comes to edc....just my 2cents.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sunglasses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users