46 replies to this topic

#21 Mason Delpino

Mason Delpino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:23 PM

I have an EDC Ink Pen (was on Kickstarter a bit ago, but you can check them out there still: https://www.kickstar...a/description),and it just goes on my keychain and is very unobtrusive that way. I also own a Karas Kustoms Bolt Pen in brass, as well as an orange Render K pen from them. If I'm carrying either of those, I usually wear and dress shirt and so I'll clip those in my front shirt pocket.

Attached Files

#22 Harshit Gupta

Harshit Gupta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:46 PM

Stylus_Clip.jpg

My Fisher Stylus clips unto my left pants pocket when I wear dress pants. Unclipped it ends up resting horizontal in the pocket and leaves an unsightly silhouette.

When I wear jeans I take the clip off and it rests in the pocket vertically. The slimmer fit of my jeans keeps it in place.

Don't you find it tedious to clip your pen knife to to your pocket. As every time when your put your hand in the pocket you get encountered with the clipped pen.

• Dave likes this

When you think of something, Go for it.......

Love to Carry victorinox trekking Knives and leatherman multitools for outdoors survival.

#23 Arnie

Arnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:57 AM

When carrying a pen during work, I too clip my pen to the corner of my pants pocket. I use fountain pens almost exclusively, so they must be stored vertically and I rarely wear shirts with pockets.

#24 Ian C Medina

Ian C Medina

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:20 PM

Don't you find it tedious to clip your pen knife to to your pocket. As every time when your put your hand in the pocket you get encountered with the clipped pen.

Nothing goes in my front left pants pocket besides this pen, and I rarely put my hands in my pants pocket.

I can definitely see how annoying that would be though.

• Stupendous Walrus, Mason Delpino and Harshit Gupta like this

#25 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:24 PM

I haven't experimented with Fountain Pens much, I'd like to try one out tho. That stainless steel sharpie sounds pretty cool tho!

Two things: Kaweco are great to start with for fountain pens. Inexpensive, quality German products.

The sharpie is fantastic! I work with epoxy and other chemicals and so far it's been fantastic. $11 CAD, and it obviously can be refilled.

#26 Josh.

Josh.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:10 PM

I keep them in pockets in my Timbuk2 messenger bag (I usually only keep 2...maybe 3...with me in that regard.) If I'm not carrying my bag I'll keep one in my pocket because you never know when you might need one.

• Dave likes this

#27 Ben Adams

Ben Adams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 05:11 AM

I'm another fisher space pen owner and I clip mine on to my pocket, using my other one for my phone and gadgets. 

• Dave likes this

#28 Harshit Gupta

Harshit Gupta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:20 AM

Nothing goes in my front left pants pocket besides this pen, and I rarely put my hands in my pants pocket.

I can definitely see how annoying that would be though.

Actually I asked that question as I usually carry my phone in my left pocket. 

When you think of something, Go for it.......

Love to Carry victorinox trekking Knives and leatherman multitools for outdoors survival.

#29 PeteJ

PeteJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:19 AM

I have 3 EDC pens 2 Fountain (1 blue 1 black ink) and 1 Black Ballpoint, 

The Black Fountain and Black ballpoint are Lamy Safari pens and they came with a simple silver pouch which quite easily fits both of my Lamy's and the Levenger Fountain. 

My backpack has 3 or 4 simple biros in pen holders just incase.

#30 Heather

Heather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:07 PM

I have 3-4 fountain pens and a mechanical pencil I carry most days. I color code my notes and my planner. I bought a really generic faux leather pen roll on Amazon.  The comments indicated it was actually Twilight movie themed.  I thought this might be embarrassing but I'm enough of a cheapskate (it was under $3), that I bought it anyway.  Luckily, the branding is very subtle. You have to squint pretty hard to see the word Twilight. My husband ended up finding another option for under $10 that seems to be real leather, looks a lot nicer and has no sparkle vampire references. 

http://www.amazon.co...ywords=pen roll

Attached Files

#31 T Shrapnel-Carruthers

T Shrapnel-Carruthers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:50 AM

I keep a small pen in a Moleskine notebook and similarly a small mechanical pencil in an agenda, also from Moleskine. During the day these frequently migrate to my shirt pocket. The pen & pencil are both from thee Pilot Couleur range and, as the name suggests, are available in a range of colours. I have red, blue and black pens each with matching colour ink inside. The red & blue versions are carried together with refills in a small mesh bag, with a zip, in my briefcase.

On non-work days I normally have a regular size pen slipped into the right front trouser pocket. Currently this is a recently acquired titanium model from Ti2 design, which is a real pleasure to use.

#32 Tony Burns

Tony Burns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 03:10 PM

I usually carry a Fisher Space Bullet with a clip inside either my watch/change pocket next to my EDC light, or clipped on the inside of my left front pants pocket (as the only thing clipped in that pocket), because that's the pocket I also use for my notebook.

I've been experimenting more with this lately, and I think that I like carrying it in my watch/change pocket more. This is because in addition to my notebook, my front left pocket also carries my wallet and my phone, and even a single thing like the space bullet clipped onto the inside can be rather disruptive in trying to extract anything from that pocket without pulling out the entire contents.

#33 petron

petron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:39 AM

I carry arround my Fisher Space Pen in my Moleskine wallet.

IMG_20141022_080621.jpg
IMG_20141022_080358.jpg

#34 Dave

Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:59 PM

fisher space pen right front pocket.  monte blanc rollerball in shirt breat pocket or jacket pocket.  otherwise in my work bag along with stylus pen highlighter mechanical pencil and spare refills for all.

#35 Scott Savage

Scott Savage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:06 PM

Hi,

I am Scott, a product designer from Glasgow, UK. I have recently launched my first Kickstarter campaign and I wanted to share it with you as it may be of interest. The SS001 Ballpoint Pen & Stylus EDC in Titanium or Aluminium!

https://www.kickstar...-pen-and-stylus

736983bef7e7f034f58343c3d7cfe4b2_origina

Visit the Kickstarter page and lets make this project reach its funding goal!!

Thanks,

Scott

#36 Andrea Lok

Andrea Lok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:20 PM

I recently replaced an old aging purse with a leather backpack.  My pen rides in one of the zippered pockets, and I've used it many times.

It's the 7-year pen, I've had it for 1 year, and only the decorative round bit fell off.

#37 Andrew Cohen

Andrew Cohen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationMonterey/Santa Cruz border, California

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:47 AM

Check out the Nock Company (Nockco.com) for awesome handmade cordura pen carriers. I use the Lookout 3-Pen case for my nicest fountain pens. The case rides in a zippered pouch in my work backpack. Great company with some awesome products.The rest of my pens simply ride in some pen slots in another pouch in my backpack.

Very cool! Cheap and cheerful protection for nicer pens. I have leather cases, but I like the Lookout too. Bet I can throw it in the wash too. Thanks for the link.

• T Shrapnel-Carruthers likes this

#38 Eternal Monsoon

Eternal Monsoon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 06:23 PM

I suggest you try and clip to a pocket notebook inside your pocket rather than your pocket itself. Every time I clip a pen to my pocket I risk losing it every time I pull something else out of there.

#39 Mike

Mike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:49 PM

After a first career as a chef, I never got over the usefulness of slip pockets on my upper arms.

Now a days I don't have many, but I have a few shirts that I've sown pockets onto the upper sleeve just wide enough to slide and clip a pen and sharpie or write-all in.

And any chance I get I will wear one of my old chef's jackets, and just put the pen there as well.

• Dave and Edward Colson like this

#40 Edward Colson

Edward Colson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 02:11 AM

After a first career as a chef, I never got over the usefulness of slip pockets on my upper arms.

Now a days I don't have many, but I have a few shirts that I've sown pockets onto the upper sleeve just wide enough to slide and clip a pen and sharpie or write-all in.

And any chance I get I will wear one of my old chef's jackets, and just put the pen there as well.

I agree with you. Not a chef, but a pilot and our MA-1's had the sleeve pocket where my Zebra F301's would ride. Usually I'm carrying a Fisher Bullet Space Pen (Non Clip) in my coin pocket along with chapstick and my new light coming in. I also carry a Uniball Signo in blue on my R front pocket. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users