76 replies to this topic

#61 Dave

Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:18 PM

It does happen. Even to careful owners. A stinking determined thief is tough to keep at bay. My safe isn't going anywhere unless they bring 5 guys a truck and moving equipment. The cuffed AR can be taken if they have enough time tools and energy to rip the 5, 4" lag bolts out of the masonry. And by the time they got it apart, they will have ruined the rifle by trying to pry it out of the hardened steel anyway. Sadly, some owners will simply leave a firearm sitting in a drawer, and in many cases, long arms that were inherited or just fell into disuse by aging owners get pushed into the back of a closet and forgotten about. A burglar usually knows the target, knows your schedule, and picks a target pretty carefully. They will take your valuables, ransack your home, rifle through everything looking for a way to steal your identity, and take your car on the way out. If you have a firearm in the home, even if it's locked up, there's a good chance it's going with them as well, unless you own an expensive vault that weighs 500 pounds.

not just having the vault but having it built into a closet that it can't be taken out with out demoing the closet and then make sure it's anchored down good and solid. Then of course the biometric vault under the bed that keeps the handgun handy but well secured is also anchored down like a ship looking to ride out a big blow. If some one wants to put that much time into getting them free my alarm will have the police there before they make a dent in loosening them.

#62 Tony Burns

Tony Burns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 12:11 PM

Right now my rotation just goes in a pile in an 820 crtg 5.56 can, but I'm looking for something a little more shallow and wide so I can get at things more easily.

#63 Guest_Pete_*

Guest_Pete_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:48 PM

Most of my EDC is fairly static.  The only stuff I rotate out are my knife, my glasses, my wallet, and my carry pen, and those are only from daily use versions to dress versions.  Everything just gets tossed on top of my dresser.  Like I said in my "go-kit" post, I move around so much that at any given time, about half my shit is packed up anyway.

Just picked myself up one of these little beauties...

paradisa_papagayo_xxl_1__zpsjx7rfj2r.jpg

There's a tobacco shop near me that sells the nice wooden cigar boxes for a couple of dollars each, and donates all the money to a local animal shelter.  This box will be my new EDC storage, and I'll probably get pics of the actual box up when I get around to it.

• Dom likes this

#64 Dan Post

Dan Post

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 10:49 PM

This is my EDC container. It sits right next to my bed, since it's the first thing I put in my pockets when I get dressed, and the last before I sleep! Not as big as I'd like it, but it works for now. I keep my 3 current EDC knives in the open slot, and I keep my others in the slot under the note pad.

Attached Files

• Duff72 and Dom like this

#65 TRUE LIBERTY

TRUE LIBERTY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:33 PM

I have two separate places I store my EDC. I have a nice wooden watch box my wife got for my watches, jewelry and the knives/multi tools I wont be using that week. And then I have the place I drop everything off at the end of the day when I get home.

This wooden tray I have had years longer then my wonderful 10 year marriage.

p1241533443-4.jpg

• Nate X likes this

#66 Noah Murdoc

Noah Murdoc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:14 PM

This is my night stand, i mounted it over an outlet so it's powered up.

Attached Files

#67 Brian R

Brian R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:09 PM

Pelican 1500 gets the job done for me.

#68 WallyGator

WallyGator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationSwamps of Florida

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:09 AM

I must be the lazy one here. Everything stays in my shorts which I hang up. My weapon gets wiped down and locked away. The next day I shift everything to the new pair of shorts. I'm with Coldwater, everything has it's place and I know where it is without thinking. Having said that, I seem to be always in search for a 'better' knife, light, etc. My wife has me on a budget so I have to save up for my next best thing. It's a never ending quest and you people aren't helping my addiction. 

• Marc likes this

#69 Dan Post

Dan Post

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:16 AM

I must be the lazy one here. Everything stays in my shorts which I hang up. My weapon gets wiped down and locked away. The next day I shift everything to the new pair of shorts. I'm with Coldwater, everything has it's place and I know where it is without thinking. Having said that, I seem to be always in search for a 'better' knife, light, etc. My wife has me on a budget so I have to save up for my next best thing. It's a never ending quest and you people aren't helping my addiction.

totally feel you on the budget thing! I was walking around the knife/multitool aisle at Gander Mountain, when my wife told me I'm not getting the Benchmade or Leatherman I want anytime soon! It's a true addiction! I try and convince her to let me by saying it will "benefit" me as a future EMT.. Never works. :D
  • Marc and WallyGator like this

#70 John B.

John B.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:54 AM

Got this gem from Harbor Freight. It's listed as a wooden tool box, but I'm using it for edc storage. Turns out, it works great for that type thing. The Wife said, "if it makes all your junk disappear, fine, get it!" So...here we are. Haha!

Attached Files

• Duff72 likes this

#71 SahirTheLegend

SahirTheLegend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:09 PM

Got this gem from Harbor Freight. It's listed as a wooden tool box, but I'm using it for edc storage. Turns out, it works great for that type thing. The Wife said, "if it makes all your junk disappear, fine, get it!" So...here we are. Haha!

That is one fine looking pistol :D

• John B. likes this

#72 Mexx

Mexx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:49 AM

This is where I store my main EDC. DIY wooden stand

Attached Files

• John B. likes this

#73 John B.

John B.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:28 PM

That is one fine looking pistol :D

Thanks LXcs! If inanimate objects can be sexy, I'd say my 1911 is definitely sexy! Haha! 

#74 Nate X

Nate X

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:05 PM

This sits on my dresser and holds my daily  EDC rotation.  The front part of the valet I bought on Amazon and I have had for over 10 years, and I recently made the back part to hold part of my growing knife collection.  These are just the things in heavy rotation, everything else I store in plastic shoe boxes in my office.

edc_valet_01.JPG

• Mikey Bautista likes this

#75 Mr_Garth

Mr_Garth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:09 AM

Watches and pens have a shelf in a cabinet. Car-keys their own small hang-them-on cabinet. Other keys, wallet, card holder, phones,
etc. mostly gets dropped on a kithcen island. Blades in a shelf on another cabinet

-Garth

#76 Jerry Pruitt

Jerry Pruitt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:12 PM

Thats what I am talking about, I can use with the one I am working on. Picture will be coming soon once I get the trays. Thats for the setup and the pictures.

#77 James A Cathcart

James A Cathcart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:50 PM

John B. beat me to it! I use the same box he does from Harbor Freight Tools for 80.00 It's solidly built, has one large compartment on top, 5 smaller drawers and 2 larger drawers. This is where I store all of my non-EDC gear. My current EDC gear is stored in a valet.

33560885905_2b167dfffe_k.jpgGear Box by James Cathcart, on Flickr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users