#41 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:06 PM

Attached File  image.jpg   96.1KB   7 downloads
Along these lines but more compartments?
  • Glen, John B. and kwelsh like this

#42 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN Area

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:01 PM

attachicon.gifimage.jpg
Along these lines but more compartments?

Exactly.  More drawers and then dividers within the drawers for specific items.  For instance, the drawer for sunglasses will, in my vision, have slots for 6 pairs of shades.  The miscellaneous drawer might be open, but it depends on the overall configuration of the box.  

Here, Duff...I'll give you the whole shebang:

Three configurations, all of which have watch dividers (18 slots, I'm thinking) at the top with a flush glass lid.  Each configuration would be available in either black, white or natural finish with the user's choice of hardware (drawer pulls) in brass, chrome or none.  The buyer also chooses the drawers they want for their configuration from the 6 available options - knives, flashlights, sunglasses, pens/notebooks, multitools, miscellaneous.  Each drawer is pre-made with its divider slots already built for its intended use.  Drawers are all the same size, so they're interchangeable within the box, depending on the customer's preference.

Configuration 1:

2 drawers 

Configuration 2:

4 Drawers

Configuration 3:

6 Drawers

An order would look something like:

Configuration 2 (Black) with brass hardware

Drawers Chosen:

1. Knives

2. Pens/Notebooks

3. Flashlights

4. Miscellaneous

• Duff72 likes this

#43 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:12 PM

Nice plan . Somewhere I have a similar idea in rough drawing form but custom to me( not modular made to order). Mine held less watches to allow rotators for automatic wathces. And a lockable pistol area.

#44 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN Area

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:32 PM

Nice plan . Somewhere I have a similar idea in rough drawing form but custom to me( not modular made to order). Mine held less watches to allow rotators for automatic wathces. And a lockable pistol area.

Yeah, a pistol drawer was something I considered as well, but ultimately decided that I prefer my guns where they are around my home (not that everyone does).  Someone could put their firearm in the miscellaneous drawer.  Additionally, I thought a lock would be very cool...a single locking mechanism like you'd see in a large rolling tool chest...but then I determined that the mechanical aspects of it would complicate the build and increase cost too much.   

#45 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:02 PM

Google magnetic cabinet lock. You can unlock with a magnet . Pretty inexpensive and easy instal. More to keep a kid out than an adult

#46 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:25 PM

Anybody use the tactical walls and their products for either their firearms and/or other EDC items?

#47 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:29 PM

I'm not sure how I feel about them. I keep one of my AR's and 2 20 round mags in my closet, locked into a rifle cuff and bolted down, and my carry pistol sleeps on the bed side table. Everything else is in a safe. 

#48 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:36 PM

I'm not sure how I feel about them. I keep one of my AR's and 2 20 round mags in my closet, locked into a rifle cuff and bolted down, and my carry pistol sleeps on the bed side table. Everything else is in a safe. 

Sounds like a good set up. Thanks for chiming in.

One thing that is always on my mind when the gun debate comes up is: Americans often have guns at the ready for home defence, which is great, but how many are stolen from non secure places? Is this just a happening that occurs with irresponsible, or less responsible gun owners?

#49 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:57 PM

It does happen. Even to careful owners. A stinking determined thief is tough to keep at bay. My safe isn't going anywhere unless they bring 5 guys a truck and moving equipment. The cuffed AR can be taken if they have enough time tools and energy to rip the 5, 4" lag bolts out of the masonry. And by the time they got it apart, they will have ruined the rifle by trying to pry it out of the hardened steel anyway. Sadly, some owners will simply leave a firearm sitting in a drawer, and in many cases, long arms that were inherited or just fell into disuse by aging owners get pushed into the back of a closet and forgotten about. A burglar usually knows the target, knows your schedule, and picks a target pretty carefully. They will take your valuables, ransack your home, rifle through everything looking for a way to steal your identity, and take your car on the way out. If you have a firearm in the home, even if it's locked up, there's a good chance it's going with them as well, unless you own an expensive vault that weighs 500 pounds. 

#50 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 06:07 PM

Thanks coldie! Can I call you coldie? No? Oops.

I mean, some things are always inevitable. You obviously take the appropriate measures, which is wonderful. It's shocking how many keep their shotgun in the corner of the closet, and leave it there when they take off. Yikes.

#51 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 06:12 PM

I think it's a throwback to safer times. when I was a kid, we had wooden gun case loaded with shot guns and rifles, and pistols in a drawer under them. Ammo was with it. It was almost unheard of for someone to break into your home and steal from you, but I lived in a small town with good neighbors that took care of one another. 

• Dave likes this

#52 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:25 PM

I think it's a throwback to safer times. when I was a kid, we had wooden gun case loaded with shot guns and rifles, and pistols in a drawer under them. Ammo was with it. It was almost unheard of for someone to break into your home and steal from you, but I lived in a small town with good neighbors that took care of one another. 

Unfortunately, times are different. If you get broken into when you aren't home, everything that isn't welded down is fair game. Whether it has great monetary value or not.

#53 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:35 PM

These are indeed different times, and the reason I carry a sidearm every day without exception. Including church. 

• Duff72 likes this

#54 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:37 PM

These are indeed different times, and the reason I carry a sidearm every day without exception. Including church. 

Fair enough.

#55 Cam

Cam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:15 AM

That's a good way to go. You can always graduate to something like a tackle box as your affliction...er...collection grows.
I've started keeping my knife rotation in a leatherbound presentation box from Wenger that had hygiene tools in it at one point.

Do you have a pick of this wenger bid? Walrus

#56 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:19 PM

I don't think I do actually. I'll try and grab one. It's about to move because I'm running out of room.

#57 Zach Glass

Zach Glass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Locationarizona

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:48 PM

Guys! Check this out...

While cheating on everydaycarry.com by visiting reddit.com/r/edc, I found a most interesting post for a delightfully classy storage box, which could potentially contain EDC gear. Well priced, too!

http://shop.trinityi...3-wood-box.html

i have something similar i got as a christmas gift, harbor freight sells it. i filled that wooden toolbox quick. i could use like 3 of these things and websites like this dont help!!

#58 Guest_Pete_*

Guest_Pete_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:43 PM

Most of my EDC is fairly static.  The only stuff I rotate out are my knife, my glasses, my wallet, and my carry pen, and those are only from daily use versions to dress versions.  Everything just gets tossed on top of my dresser.  Like I said in my "go-kit" post, I move around so much that at any given time, about half my shit is packed up anyway.

#59 Travis Greer

Travis Greer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:31 PM

I have one question are all of you that neat. As I read through this forum I feel like a slob. Ok more of a slob. Pics people show of their pocket clean out areas. When I clean my pockets out I just try to keep everything one the nightstand.

#60 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:41 PM

Most of my stuff is rotated out. "Extra" firearms are in the safe, along with most of the blades. One blade lives on the night stand with a flashlight, and a pistol. The pistol stays with me where I go. Other than that, the daily pocket dump gets dropped on the kitchen island for the most part. No special place. I don't bother because it hits the counter after work, and goes back in the pockets early the next morning. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users