Wallets?

187 replies to this topic

#21 Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:07 PM

Been lurking this site for a while, finally joined. The one thing i liked was it wasn't a wannebe paramilitary site. There was a certain style that everybody brought  to what they carried. I have 2 styles of edc, 1st is the work edc, 2nd is the style edc. As for wallets i prefer the Taxi wallet minimal but sized for just about all I need.

• Bernard Capulong, Glen, Chris Szaroleta and 1 other like this

#22 Roy

Roy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada (for now)

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:53 PM

Been lurking this site for a while, finally joined. The one thing i liked was it wasn't a wannebe paramilitary site. There was a certain style that everybody brought  to what they carried. I have 2 styles of edc, 1st is the work edc, 2nd is the style edc. As for wallets i prefer the Taxi wallet minimal but sized for just about all I need.

Welcome Harry, I was the same way as you. I skulked then finally got with the program. What drew me here was the great setup with the edc pics on one side and a forum to talk on the other. I also like being a part of a new site/community and helping it grow.

My old wallet was one I made of duct tape about 5 years ago, worked great and still has nothing wrong with it, I just figured i'd get something thinner so I got a Vanquest Cache RFID blocking wallet in Multicam for xmas, it's been great so far, sort of a semi-minimalist design. Keeps pasting it upside down for some reason but here's a pic lol.

WalletOldvsNew_zps2c59e4aa_1.jpg

• Bernard Capulong, Glen, Sven and 1 other like this

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed".

#23 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN Area

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:24 PM

Welcome aboard, Harry!

#24 Ben

Ben

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:03 PM

I'm new to the minimalist wallet thing but I just got a flow fold which is just big enough for 4-5 cards and a few bills only. It is made from used racing sail cloth material. For 9 bucks it's a cool option
  • Stupendous Walrus and Chris Szaroleta like this

#25 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:59 AM

I'm new to the minimalist wallet thing but I just got a flow fold which is just big enough for 4-5 cards and a few bills only. It is made from used racing sail cloth material. For 9 bucks it's a cool option

That sail cloth is super durable, too.

• Duff72 and Stupendous Walrus like this

#26 Preacher

Preacher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 08:02 PM

I make my own wallets, a modified "trucker" or a copy of a Harley Davidson wallet no longer made by the Motor Company.  My trucker is 5 ounce cow on the outside, the liners are all black suede, and I do not dye, I use a leather conditioner and put the leather out in the sun after I get it all cut out before I sew it, and let it "tan".  Gives it a very rich saddletan color.  I buckstitch that one with (believe it or not)  white string like they use to sew feed bags closed that I wax with beeswax.  

On the copy of the Harley wallet, it is a bi-fold with two pockets on one side, one with a flap cover, and the other side just a pocket.  I make that one out of some upholstery leather that is a rich burgundy color.  I sew that one saddlestitch, using a 5 cord waxed linen thread.

Both of them have chains, although the one on the burgundy one is a bit finer, as that is the one I wear with a suit when I preach at a Church that requires one.

• Glen, Stupendous Walrus and Dom like this

#27 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 08:15 PM

I make my own wallets, a modified "trucker" or a copy of a Harley Davidson wallet no longer made by the Motor Company.  My trucker is 5 ounce cow on the outside, the liners are all black suede, and I do not dye, I use a leather conditioner and put the leather out in the sun after I get it all cut out before I sew it, and let it "tan".  Gives it a very rich saddletan color.  I buckstitch that one with (believe it or not)  white string like they use to sew feed bags closed that I wax with beeswax.  

On the copy of the Harley wallet, it is a bi-fold with two pockets on one side, one with a flap cover, and the other side just a pocket.  I make that one out of some upholstery leather that is a rich burgundy color.  I sew that one saddlestitch, using a 5 cord waxed linen thread.

Both of them have chains, although the one on the burgundy one is a bit finer, as that is the one I wear with a suit when I preach at a Church that requires one.

Pics required- One does not simply describe something this cool without pictures.
  • Dom, Chris Szaroleta and David Quevedo like this

#28 Preacher

Preacher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 08:27 PM

Sorry, did not know. I will go take some post haste...lol

#29 Preacher

Preacher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 08:38 PM

here you go: and the reason the trucker does not have a chain, at the moment I am using the original Harley Wallet, but that one needs some repair so I will be switching back pretty soon. 

Attached Files

• Duff72, Stupendous Walrus, Sam Quint and 1 other like this

#30 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:44 PM

Very nice !!!

#31 Dom

Dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1010 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:47 PM

Very nice Preacher!

#32 Craig Schaffer

Craig Schaffer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:30 AM

Recycled Firefighter Seargent Wallet.  #toughenoughfor2careers

IMG_20150215_022619_zps1citof1m.jpg

• Stupendous Walrus and Dom like this

#33 Preacher

Preacher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:10 AM

Is that the wallet made from firehose that I read about recently?

#34 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:07 PM

I dont have one but yes it is.

#35 Craig Schaffer

Craig Schaffer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:57 PM

Is that the wallet made from firehose that I read about recently?

Yes it is.  I really like it so far.  Been carrying it for a couple of weeks now.

#36 Noel Rivas

Noel Rivas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:36 PM

I rotate between two depending on how many cards i plan on carrying and if I plan on carrying cash.

A.P.C. card holder

nowVKKel.jpg

Makr zip wallet, when I carry more cards and cash.

41WQUC4l.jpg

• Stupendous Walrus, Chris Szaroleta and Dave like this

#37 dwa

dwa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:06 PM

I've carried a leather/nylon combo slim wallet for 7-8 years that made a huge change in the volume of crap that I carry on a day to day basis.

Check out http://www.all-ett.com/

Made in the USA.   No relationship other than being a happy user.

• Chris Szaroleta likes this

#38 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:29 PM

I've carried a leather/nylon combo slim wallet for 7-8 years that made a huge change in the volume of crap that I carry on a day to day basis.

Check out http://www.all-ett.com/

Made in the USA.   No relationship other than being a happy user.

Very cool, dwa!  Now go post in the introduction section so we can all give you a warm welcome! 

#39 Alex F

Alex F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:00 PM

Gotta love a unicorn spouse!  I usually try to convince my wife of something she needs first.  Once that's done and she purchases, I get to spend.  It's a scam, but she's aware of it and it works!

I quietly order something, get it delivered to the office and then just sort of blend it in to my other possessions, so she doesn't even notice. 

Either that or I straight-up lie about the price! 

• Chris Szaroleta and TonySal like this

#40 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:21 PM

BEHOLD,  METHUSELAH !!!

EDC92F34-7FC9-4B24-B02D-DE12A5FB435D_zps

• Glen, Stupendous Walrus, Marc and 7 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic