EDC Opinel Duck tape

1 reply to this topic

#1 Henry Hakamaki

Henry Hakamaki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:22 AM

Hello everyone!  I'm a masters student in Germany (studying Immunobiology at the University of Bonn), but I'm a Yooper (from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan).  My EDC here is Germany is very different than back home due to a combination of price (some brands are way more expensive here in Germany than in the States, and I'm incredibly poor right now), availability of certain brands here, different laws in regards specifically to knives, and lack of German language knowledge (it's a lot harder for me to figure out where to repair stuff here than back home since I don't know the language here, so my EDC gear here is more "disposable" than my EDC at home, which tends to be a lot nicer).  Still gets the job done just fine, and it's entertaining being in a city here where the amount of people that understand why I EDC so much stuff is way lower than back home in my rural area.  In the UP, no one thinks twice about seeing anyone with a big knife or a multitool or a flashlight in their pocket, whereas here people tend to not carry anything so I generally stand out.

Regardless, nice to meet all of you.  If you want to see what I EDC here in Germany, here's the post I made:

http://everydaycarry...dent-in-germany

I'd like to try out some other stuff in my EDC here to see how it works, but I'm just too poor at the moment, so what I've got is pretty much all I'll have for the duration of my program here.  Oh well, that's life!

#2 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1002 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:10 AM

Hello and welcome to both the forum and the EDC struggle! :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EDC, Opinel, Duck tape

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users