Multi tool and flash light carry

5 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Noble

Kyle Noble

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:53 AM

How do you guys go about carrying your light and multi tool ( by multi tool I mean one consisting pliers ) along with all your other essentials? For instance I carry a knife , light , multi tool , gun , pen , and phone. I feel as though my pockets are full now but I also feel like my multi tool ( Leatherman Squirt ) isn’t big enough. I want to try the Leatherman Juice S2 but I’m worried it’ll never see any use for the “ pockets being full “ mentioned above. On the flip side the times I’ve needed pliers , the squirt was just to small. Before you fellows hit me with how you go about it/set up, I should note that belt carry simply isn’t a option for me.

#2 Garrett

Garrett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:48 AM

I carry my multitool in a pocket sheath that I made to fit in my cargo pocket that also holds my edc knife. Where I normally would clip a pocket knife in my front right pocket is now where I put my flashlight. 

#3 Kyle Noble

Kyle Noble

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:52 AM

That’s another downer for me is that I wear nothing but cinch jeans , so no cargo pockets lol

#4 Chad

Chad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:57 AM

Don’t know what cinch jeans are so I could be off here. But look at 5.11 Apex pants. Pockets inside of pockets are extremely helpful. They are “cargo” but the pocket is more interior than exterior. If I knew how to post pics I would show my full kit. Hankie, flashlight and pen on left side. Tape and cordage on right side. Could easily fit leatherman in there if I didn’t wear on my belt. It isn’t really noticeable and doesn’t bounce off your knees like typical cargo pocket carry.

What about IWB? Just make it separate from your spare mag.

#5 Kyle Noble

Kyle Noble

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:02 AM

Cinch jeans are like wranglers with more class I guess is how to put it. Typical two back and two front pockets. I’ve looked into the pants you mentioned but there’s a reason I only wear cinch... my pant length is too long therefore no one makes pants that’ll fit me length wise expect cinch and wrangler as far as I know. I’m a 34wx38l. The reason I won’t carry anything on my belt or IWB other then pistol and spare mag is to eliminate the risk of injury during a fall/slip/fight. I carry at 1 and spare is at 11 , I won’t put anything else anywhere because of that. Not saying anyone is wrong in doing so, simply my training and thought process.

#6 Chad

Chad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:13 PM

I understand the injury aspect. Maybe consider a Readyman belt sleeve. It would keep the multi tool horizontal on your belt and you could wear it on either side of your buckle. Extremely low risk of injury in that location and with that style of carry. Otherwise you may be stuck with off body carry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users