• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:41 AM

So I currently have a very minimalistic EDC:

Wallet https://www.amazon.c...img_top?ie=UTF8

Keys

Smartphone

Harmonica

I also happen to wear the same clothes type everyday, being a long sleeve shirt and tracking pants, which means I only have two rather big pockets.

I really need a replacement for my wallet as it's extremely worn and I'm about to start getting more and more cards and such. I haven't found a single "good" wallet for me, since I like to keep some coins for street performers and similar expenses, as well as basically all other forms of payment.

Recently, I found out about pouches and "pocket organizers" and I'm thinking I could use one to replace having a wallet, but also store all my other edc items and more in a single pocket. My only concerns are whether it will be comfortable to use (If it's bulky/heavy it will probably feel weird to have that in one pocket) and whether it will be practical or not, to store money and cards in there. I really like well-closed wallets, the one I currently have has two very strong "buttons" that keep it closed no matter what, and I am very happy with that. But it can't hold coins because it's open on the top and bottom.

I of course want to add more essentials to my edc, as I often find the need for them and never have them at hand.

Would anyone happen to have experienced the same issue, and/or has a solution for it?

Here's more or less what I plan to carry in my pockets once I'm able:

Money (could be a wallet, could be in a pouch)

Phone

Harmonica

Keys

Pen

A small notepad

Hand sanitizer

A small boot knife

Earbuds

Meds

I know it's a bit much lol. The hand sanitizer is a tiny bottle they sell here, has like 40g but it helps in a pinch

Also I'll definitely take suggestions on the boot knife and earbuds but I probably should make a separate post in the right forums

#2 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1054 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:05 PM

Pouches may be a bit big for pocket carry, but have you looked into having a separate pouch for a daypack, and then something like this caddy for everything else? Check out H&T's other stuff, they may have the right one for you.

#3 Snoopnpoop

Snoopnpoop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:46 PM

Hey Daniel!

First off, LOVE the Iron Maiden wallet. One of my all time favorite bands. If only there WAS one pouch to rule them all, or some type of bag of holding, we would all have it! The dilemma of how to fit so much stuff into so small a place is the challenge we all face. But alas, once our pockets are full, they are full, and we must look to other means of carry. I think Mikey has the right idea: if stuff is too big for your pockets, it's time to expand. I have a little 5x7x1 pouch that holds all of my EDC items that I cannot fit in my pockets. It usually sits in my messenger bag, but it is easy to pull it out and transfer it to other bags, backpacks, etc, or carry it on its own. If you dig around online you can find tacticool ones, leather ones, canvas ones, maybe even Iron Maiden ones :)

As for the boot knife, what do you imagine using it for? Is this a "don't F*&K w/me" knife or a "cut open packages" kind of knife? A lot of people are carrying neck-knives (work as a necklace) these days instead of actually sticking them in a boot. Check out the ESEE Izula. It's pricey, but it is AWESOME!

As for earbuds, I am probably not much help.  I got mine from Walmart for $1.00. Yes, that is 1$. ONE DOLLAR! They are not the best earbuds, but for the price there is simply no comparison, and I couldn't care less if they were lost.

Hope that helps!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pouch, wallet, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users