5 replies to this topic

#1 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:44 PM

With the release of the new Garberg today...I just had to.

https://gearfacts.co...-steel-garberg/
  • coldwater likes this

EDC Culture

gearfacts.com

#2 Darren Tong

Darren Tong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:13 PM

I hardly think that's why "veterans moved on" to brands like esee. Sounds to me like the guys at Mora are pretty full of themselves.Weed out the posers? First of all, you wanna know why "veterans moved on?" Yea Mora are good user knives. Excellent at that $10-15 range. But $80-90 for a full tang one? That's the price of a Becker for something almost no different than their $10 Companions or $12 carbon Companion. And where do they get off charging near $40 for a puny little knife like the Eldris. Why because it won awards? They are slapping dumb prices on things because they think they can. THAT is why people are moving on.

• coldwater and KlaudeMarks like this

#3 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:42 PM

I agree. the more popular they get, the more they charge
  • coldwater likes this

EDC Culture

gearfacts.com

#4 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1382 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:28 AM

That post was a win. I'm up to my ears with the incessant and endless flow of "experts" telling everyone what they have to have and how to do everything. Two of the most in your face nasty groups of heroes on the planet are "survivalists and AR guys" They have decided to claim the throne on these topics, and TELL you what to buy and how to use it, or YOU WILL DIE.

This constant mantra of "shit hitting the fan"  and "when it all goes down man!" is Juvenile and exceedingly tiresome. The line between sensibly prepared and the world is going to hell in overnight anarchy, is miles wide, and way too many people have made that hike to the other side.

Mora makes a knife. It's not the second coming of Christ, and it's not Excalibur. It's a knife. Mora is simply tunneling into the weak minds (and pockets) of the people that have gone to the well of the demigods of bushcraft (who the hell even came up with that phrase?) and will buy anything they're  told to by them. 

Love the way you point out the fringe elements of  topics like this.  :-D

#5 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:21 AM

That post was a win. I'm up to my ears with the incessant and endless flow of "experts" telling everyone what they have to have and how to do everything. Two of the most in your face nasty groups of heroes on the planet are "survivalists and AR guys" They have decided to claim the throne on these topics, and TELL you what to buy and how to use it, or YOU WILL DIE.
This constant mantra of "shit hitting the fan" and "when it all goes down man!" is Juvenile and exceedingly tiresome. The line between sensibly prepared and the world is going to hell in overnight anarchy, is miles wide, and way too many people have made that hike to the other side.
Mora makes a knife. It's not the second coming of Christ, and it's not Excalibur. It's a knife. Mora is simply tunneling into the weak minds (and pockets) of the people that have gone to the well of the demigods of bushcraft (who the hell even came up with that phrase?) and will buy anything they're told to by them.
Love the way you point out the fringe elements of topics like this. :-D

I totally agree. I posted that in the Morakniv fans group on Facebook, and 1 hour later I had a pissed off Dave Canturbary emailing me about where I got that information. After I told him it was satire, he actually got a laugh out of it and just said how so many people didn't get it because they didn't read past the italics.

Always appreciate the supportive words too, thank you.

EDC Culture

gearfacts.com

#6 Brendan

Brendan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:57 PM

Benchmade
Not a thing to worry about after.
Customer service is top notch.