searching for good anodizing company

4 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Noble

Kyle Noble

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:50 PM

I have a benchmade 940-2 that I think would look killer with all the hardware ( including axis lock ) to match the color of the green stand offs. Anyone know of a place that can do just that? Icing on the cake would be if the same company also sharpens but that’s not as big of deal being I have the equipment to get a mirror edge myself.

#2 Tony

Tony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:52 PM

Curious about this myself. www.usamadeblade.com sells some nice anodized knives, not sure if they do custom anodization.

My EDC

sortitapps-black.png

#3 Highlander

Highlander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:29 PM

I say do it yourself or you can use a ferric chloride solution that blackens the blade for a patina solution, here is a simple video on anodizing 

http://www.youtube.c...azzYnMYo&t=169s

#4 Kyle Noble

Kyle Noble

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:01 AM

I got in contact with spadeknifeworks (found him on google) and he referred me to bladeswelove on instagram. I don’t have Instagram but he does have a website , so a email has been sent and I’ll post back what I find out.

#5 Kyle Noble

Kyle Noble

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:40 AM

So the hardware on my knife is stainless... this can still be anodized if I understand correctly but it’s far more difficult. Also the color I want is the hardest to achieve so I’ve been told. Now I can find some titanium screws and have them colored but I can’t find a titanium thumb stud and axis lock. Guess this dream knife will be on the back burner till I eye another one I like ( titanium this time of course )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users