YouTube EDC Vlog? Fans New Content

10 replies to this topic

#1 METH Review Channel

METH Review Channel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:47 AM

Hello Everyone and thank you for taking a minute to read this post. Some of you might Know that I have been working on creating my own YouTube channel, where I conduct thorough reviews of gear through long use. I want to try and break the mold of what seems to be the typical YouTube agenda of unbox a new product, play with it a few days or hours, and then post a review and sound like an expert about the product. I want to give everyone a good quality over view of what I think about a product and shed some insight on my experience with it over time, usually over 3 months. The Channel is slowly growing with a total of 13 subscribers and over 6,000 total views, but I want to give myself more to do. So my question to the EDC community is, What would you all want to see?

Would any of you be interested in seeing a daily Vlog about how I use my gear? Would you be interested in more table top discussions where I can talk about my day to day experience with Items? I am willing to try just about anything because I really enjoy making videos and I want to start practicing making even better ones, and with the arrival of my new Pixel 2 XL I should be able to push way better quality videos soon.

Please, any feedback would be great to have and I hope you are all having an incredible New Year.

Thank you,

#2 METH Review Channel

METH Review Channel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:30 PM

Well Guys sorry to see that you didn't respond but I'll post the links to Vlog 1
And Vlog 2

#3 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:20 AM

I would like to see a channel do real life chores with a knife. For instance, if it's an apparent "hard-use" knife, I want the possible daily tasks that make that knife "hard-use."

I like to see real world data, i don't always (but sometimes) want to see a guy showing a knife, or batoning through wood (I hate baton testing,lol).

Anyways, that's my 2 cents
  • METH Review Channel likes this

EDC Culture

gearfacts.com

#4 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1382 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:13 PM

Well Guys sorry to see that you didn't respond but I'll post the links to Vlog 1 

Well, I read your post, and spent a little time pondering the question, and here's the problem, as I see it. I can hit youtube and come up with literally dozens if not hundreds of videos covering every aspect of just about every topic I can think of. The topics of EDC, Survival, BOB, GHB, SHTF, knives, tools, gadgets and flashlights are done to death, so coming up with a new angle is going to be a tough nut to crack. 

• KlaudeMarks likes this

#5 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1382 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:15 PM

(I hate baton testing,lol).

I swear, if I see one more imbecile beating a knife through a stick i'm going to lose my mind. 

• KlaudeMarks likes this

#6 METH Review Channel

METH Review Channel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:03 PM

I would like to see a channel do real life chores with a knife. For instance, if it's an apparent "hard-use" knife, I want the possible daily tasks that make that knife "hard-use."

I like to see real world data, i don't always (but sometimes) want to see a guy showing a knife, or batoning through wood (I hate baton testing,lol).

That is such an excellent point, that a lot of Review channels put things through absolutely absurd testing in order to try and tell you about a product. As far as generating real world data, how would you suggest going about that? Would you want to see like average deployment time from pocket? How many cardboard pieces can it cut through? How many times can I drop it? I understand the hate of batoning... as a matter of fact I think that is the whole reason we have camp Axes...so we don't need to baton. As grandpa might say, "Right tool for the job."

Thanks for the reply! 

#7 METH Review Channel

METH Review Channel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:07 PM

Well, I read your post, and spent a little time pondering the question, and here's the problem, as I see it. I can hit youtube and come up with literally dozens if not hundreds of videos covering every aspect of just about every topic I can think of. The topics of EDC, Survival, BOB, GHB, SHTF, knives, tools, gadgets and flashlights are done to death, so coming up with a new angle is going to be a tough nut to crack. 

Thank you for the valuable input, and I think your point is very legitimate that 100 million people or more (so it seems) are generating this kind of content on YouTube. So, That is why I decided to launch into this Vlog Series in order to give audiences a chance to connect with me and who I am, so that maybe they will want to see what I have to say about a product. The topics are absolutely done to death but I hope I can spark some interest in these topics again on my channel.  

Thank you for your reply!

#8 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1382 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:16 AM

Well, it won't hurt to subscribe! I wish you good luck, maybe you'll find a way to breathe new life into the topic.

#9 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:32 PM

Side note: Maybe talk a little louder. However, I do think you're on to something.

I'm in the same boat as you somewhat, as I'm trying to regularly put out good content on my EDC satire site. Like Coldwater and yourself observed, YouTube has tons and tons of content on EDC and similar topics, so maybe not that you have to do something much different, but just focus on good content. Since there is a ton of content that is so similar with good size audiences, there is still plenty of room for you also. I'd probably consistently watch your blog, so I'll give you a subscribe too.

I've got 2 subscribers on my site, both from this forum...maybe we can collaborate on something.
  • METH Review Channel likes this

EDC Culture

gearfacts.com

#10 METH Review Channel

METH Review Channel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:53 AM

Side note: Maybe talk a little louder. However, I do think you're on to something.
I'm in the same boat as you somewhat, as I'm trying to regularly put out good content on my EDC satire site. Like Coldwater and yourself observed, YouTube has tons and tons of content on EDC and similar topics, so maybe not that you have to do something much different, but just focus on good content. Since there is a ton of content that is so similar with good size audiences, there is still plenty of room for you also. I'd probably consistently watch your blog, so I'll give you a subscribe too.
I've got 2 subscribers on my site, both from this forum...maybe we can collaborate on something.

I am interested in building a community around my channel and I am open to hearing collaboration ideas anytime. Plus, if you come up with any real world data on products just give me a shout. I hope to have as much community input as I can, that's one of the reasons I started this thread.

#11 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:49 AM

I may offer some real world data, but it's mainly all satire. Lol. Collaborations are cool to help us both out, but it may be difficult to figure that out. we could always do a give away though.

EDC Culture

gearfacts.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: YouTube, EDC, Vlog?, Fans, New Content

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users