3 replies to this topic

#1 John

John

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:27 PM

Looking at the new Alien Gear shape shift and wondering if it's worth it or gimmicky? I have an Old Faithful IWB that was made by the same people, CEO is the same. It's not comfy, and end up using pocket holster most of the time. I know its to be comforting not comfortable to wear. I'm wondering if it's pant size. I'm losing weight so in between sizes and really have to tighten the belt. 

Any current users of the shape shift find it comfy to carry IWB? I like the idea of plenty of options. I use a belly band when hunting, tree harness gets in the way of pocket or IWB carry. Carrying Ruger LC9 and pocket carry works for jeans, dress pants. Some cargo shorts, but sweats are out. No name leather pocket holster, took the IWB clip off, wasn't using the clip.

Thanks in advance,

John.

#2 Syluxguy

Syluxguy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:37 PM

I've had the alien gear shape shift and it works well. I've used it in every configuration and they all function well and are comfortable. It is a little overwhelming at first, but once you get some experience, you'll be able to switch modes in seconds. For the price, and the quality, I would recommend.

#3 jacksbuddy

jacksbuddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:56 PM

Been away for a while, and I have a question along these same lines. I have a Kel Tec P11, and I am thinking about pocket carrying. What is your opinion about pocket holsters?

#4 Stentorian

Stentorian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 02:27 PM

I'm currently using a Bladetech for my XDS.  My firearm has a laserguard, which changes the profile and makes it more difficult to find a holster.

The Bladetech works okay for IWB at 3:00 or 4:30, but it was designed for the XDS 4" barrel.  My Springfield has the 3.3" barrel, so the holster actually has an airgap at the business end of the gun.  I would have preferred a holster that didn't extend any farther down my pants than the gun barrel itself, but that's how it came.

I am about 85% happy with this holster.  That may sound low, and it is...but it's also the highest rank I'd give to any holster I've tried so far.  Finding a holster that works is hard, and this one is the best for me, for now.

I can shoot with either hand, so I'm thinking of getting another Bladetech configured for left hand use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users