#121 John B.

John B.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 05 June 2016 - 04:11 AM

The next one I buy will actually be for the Wife. She wants a Ruger LCP. You know, the one in Tiffany blue because "that's just so cute" as she says as she's looking at it. Or she wants the Kimber Micro Bel-Air (same reason, Tiffany blue). I guess I can't blame her for wanting a good looking pistol or in what's her opinion, a good looking one. I'm picky about mine too. Haha.

After that, I think one of those Henry survival .22s would be nice to have for cheap shooting and everything can be shoved into the stock.

#122 Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 05 June 2016 - 01:47 PM

The next one I buy will actually be for the Wife. She wants a Ruger LCP. You know, the one in Tiffany blue because "that's just so cute" as she says as she's looking at it. Or she wants the Kimber Micro Bel-Air (same reason, Tiffany blue). I guess I can't blame her for wanting a good looking pistol or in what's her opinion, a good looking one. I'm picky about mine too. Haha.

After that, I think one of those Henry survival .22s would be nice to have for cheap shooting and everything can be shoved into the stock.

I have one of the Henry Survival AR-7s, bought new, and I'd recommend against it for a cheap shooting range toy.  It's not particularly ergonomic, and it really prefers the more expensive high velocity 22lr ammo.  Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy to have the Henry, and it's part of my standard camping equipment; but something along the lines of a Ruger 10/22 would be a better choice for your purpose.  That's my opinion, anyway.

• John B. likes this

#123 WallyGator

WallyGator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • LocationSwamps of Florida

Posted 05 June 2016 - 03:17 PM

My wife wanted a 22 after shooting one in the CCW class. She wanted it to be purple too. I made this suggestion in another thread as it worked with my wife. Invest some money and time at range that has has a number of handguns available. We spent a day and had a blast. My wife started with a 22, moved on to .380 and .38 and ended up with a 9 that she liked. I was forced to shot with her. She settled on a Springfield XD(M) which she really loved. On the purple gun front, we both now conceal carry Ruger Lc9 and her's in purple. Let your wife find a gun she likes to carry but if she's looking at LCP have her also look at the Lc9, they're similar in size but the 9 does carry more of an impact.      

#124 John B.

John B.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 05 June 2016 - 08:08 PM

I have one of the Henry Survival AR-7s, bought new, and I'd recommend against it for a cheap shooting range toy.  It's not particularly ergonomic, and it really prefers the more expensive high velocity 22lr ammo.  Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy to have the Henry, and it's part of my standard camping equipment; but something along the lines of a Ruger 10/22 would be a better choice for your purpose.  That's my opinion, anyway.

My wife wanted a 22 after shooting one in the CCW class. She wanted it to be purple too. I made this suggestion in another thread as it worked with my wife. Invest some money and time at range that has has a number of handguns available. We spent a day and had a blast. My wife started with a 22, moved on to .380 and .38 and ended up with a 9 that she liked. I was forced to shot with her. She settled on a Springfield XD(M) which she really loved. On the purple gun front, we both now conceal carry Ruger Lc9 and her's in purple. Let your wife find a gun she likes to carry but if she's looking at LCP have her also look at the Lc9, they're similar in size but they e 9 does carry more of an impact.

Thanks for the advice guys!

#125 Ben Newton

Ben Newton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:33 AM

9mm pistol. An accurate .22. A quality shotgun, preferably 12g. These might be the prerequisites for a solid core.
  • Col Richard Brinkman likes this

#126 Cory Jenks

Cory Jenks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:21 AM

I just checked it off my list, a Ruger SR1911. Next is a Ruger AR556.

IMG_0001A_zpsicoof9j8.jpg

#127 Cory Jenks

Cory Jenks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:28 AM

I own the Ruger LCP and highly recommend shooting one first. Pistol is thin and tiny and bites the palm pretty pretty good. Great for conceal, but if your looking to take it to the range as well I'd go up to the LC380 or the LC9. Both have slightly larger frames, more comfortable to shoot.

#128 John

John

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:25 AM

Probably an LCP to replace my P32 and give me commonality with the Mrs.

#129 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1342 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 10:51 AM

Just came back from the shop. Bought a mini 14.

• John likes this

#130 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:56 PM

CZ PCR D to go with my CZ P01 and LC9S.

#131 Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 21 September 2016 - 05:08 PM

It's settled - my next firearm "purchase" is going to be a long-term custom rifle build.  The goal is a range toy / beginner competition rifle, with great accuracy using factory ammo primarily used at 400 + yards.  I've settled on a Tikka T3x action as a base; picked up a T3x Lite in .308 for $580, and I'll eventually be selling the stock and barrel to recoup some of the cost.  Next step will be finding a local gunsmith and barrel research - my current plan is 6.5 Creedmoor.

Following that: stock, scope mounts, scope, muzzle device (wish list is a TBAC Ultra 7), and other accessories.

I'm looking at May 2018 as a target for completion; but I want to make sure it's done right, and that may take longer depending on cost.

#132 Richard Young

Richard Young

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 02:39 PM

The gun that I must have is the Glock 43. Reasons are it's small, unbreakable and 9mm. The 9mm part is important as it's the most reasonably priced carry ammo out there.

#133 Col Richard Brinkman

Col Richard Brinkman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:58 PM

The Rhino 200DS 357 is an absolute MUST next carry.

#134 Mike Blum

Mike Blum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:46 AM

My short list is only one item. A Colt LWT Commander in .45acp. I am satisfied with all my other firearms for the purposes they fit.

#135 Ryan

Ryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:42 PM

Attached File  IMG_0018.PNG   1.11MB   0 downloads

This would be a back up. 9mm same ammo as my main ccw

#136 Brendan

Brendan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:58 PM

I'm guessing there's a 9mm option since the one pictured is in .45 ACP.
That's gonna be a snappy back up..
Especially if it dumps both rounds at the same time
But the 9mm version might not be as bad
26th-infantry-division-subdued-patch.jpg

#137 Ryan

Ryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:51 PM

I'm guessing there's a 9mm option since the one pictured is in .45 ACP.
That's gonna be a snappy back up..
Especially if it dumps both rounds at the same time
But the 9mm version might not be as bad

To get the 9mm version you just buy the barrel so actually you can use it as either. There is also an upgraded option to get the barrels ported. It fires one at a time. I agree it's gonna be snappy either way but I think by design it's used as a very close quarters defense weapon. As in point blank from the hip or through the pocket. I guess if I am ever in that situation I won't care about the recoil. I'm not in a big hurry to buy it as it's price is the same as my glock 43. Even more for the addition barrel and upgrades. So probably gonna be buying a few more long guns before expanding my ccw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users