5 replies to this topic

#1 _RomE_

_RomE_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:34 PM

To all my fellow EDC'ers...

I assume that 1 or 2 of you are having the same *HIGHLY UNCOMMON* issue as myself with clips shredding up your pockets... In my case it is my Tac-light that eats up my pockets due to the rough grip texture of the metal housing in combined with a (tight) pocket clip that clamps onto the flashlight. (no screws to loosen the clip)

That said, I'd like to know about your pockets!! lol.. Specifically which of your EDC items is the pocket eater and the solutions or products you've come up with to deal with it!

#2 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 935 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:49 AM

For me the solution was simple: get a bag with MOLLE-compatible webbing on the front, then just hang stuff off that when needed. ;)

#3 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:10 PM

My Bushnell flashlight clip was ripping all my pants pockets.

SOLUTION=Clip Broke Off
  • coldwater likes this

EDC Culture

‚Äčgearfacts.com

#4 Mike Blum

Mike Blum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:11 PM

I usually wear 511's with a, to me anyway, separate knife pocket. My EDC folder, a Buck Vantage stays put but doesn't abrade the pocket material. When I wear suits and dressier clothes, I still use the Vantage but so far no shredded pockets.

• KlaudeMarks likes this

#5 Musinare

Musinare

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:56 PM

For me the solution was simple: get a bag with MOLLE-compatible webbing on the front, then just hang stuff off that when needed. ;)

sounds like a good legit solution. thanks for recommendation. i've been having quite same problem.

#6 John

John

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:37 PM

Getting a lot of tear out from my knife clips. Have not looked into reinforcing the pocket edge. It's my jeans that are showing the wear, dress pants are still looking ok.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EDC, Pocket, Damage, Clip, Pocket clip, Knife, flashlight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users