2 replies to this topic

#1 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 01:27 PM

I've seen the knife slips becoming popular, and I have to admit, I really like them. However, being a slip joint guy, I see the process of pulling the slip out of my pocket, to pull the knife out, and then use the nail nick to open it a bit redundant and time consuming. I can see having a belt pouch, where I can pull the knife out from there, but having the slip in my pocket makes no sense for a knife I plan to use throughout bthe day.

I realize the slips are more intended for protecting the nice traditional knives, which I find to make more sense in the gentleman folder (hate that expression) realm of things.

Your thoughts on slips?

EDC Gear Reviews and News

http://www.gearfacts.com

#2 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 805 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:35 AM

I'd say depends on how much you want to care for your slipjoint's handles--but personally I wouldn't buy a knife I'd need to baby like that. I'd prefer something I could just slip into my coin pocket as that would be a perfect spot for it. I'm in your camp, that extra step of removing the knife from a slip is just seconds I don't want to waste.

• KlaudeMarks likes this

#3 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1355 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:55 PM

I'd say depends on how much you want to care for your slipjoint's handles--but personally I wouldn't buy a knife I'd need to baby like that. I'd prefer something I could just slip into my coin pocket as that would be a perfect spot for it. I'm in your camp, that extra step of removing the knife from a slip is just seconds I don't want to waste.

Coin pocket?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users