Parker jotter that is.

#42 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:09 PM

I use a Zebra M-402 and F402 set.  They're extremely affordable, feel great (with the rubber grip) to write with for extended periods, write smoothly and solidly, and my heart doesn't sink when I lose one (unlike Cross and other high end pens).  I just buy another and am good to go again!

#43 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:40 PM

New favorite disposable pen- uni power tank they are only available as a japanese import. ebay is the best place to get them. It is a good option to the space pen . writes upside down, on wet surfaces, in cold and is the only pen I have found that writes on the field notes expedition books without smearing. it also does not seem to get blotchy like the space pen.

#44 Dylan Richards

Dylan Richards

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:55 AM

ba7e129a-cfc6-4b92-9e68-5755c98d561f_zps

Pilor Petit1 with Noodler's Texas Black Bat ink

I'm so very interested in one of these (I'm a huge Noodler fan too), but I can't seem to find them in Canada!

#45 Jim Carr

Jim Carr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:44 PM

The best EDC pen I have found is The Fisher Space Pen (Bullet).  It's so impressive that my wife actually went and requested one for her Christmas gift after only writing with mine 1 time.  Excellent product.  Looking at the Trekker Pen (Fisher as well) as my next addition to my camping gear or even a car EDC kit.

• Marc likes this

#46 Sterling

Sterling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationYoungsville, NC

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:03 PM

I have recently switched to the Pentel Energel 0.7 from the BTP (Bottle to Pen) .5 that uses G2 ink. I have considered a nicer pen, but have always stopped short at the price of some of them. 

Not strictly because I am too cheap to buy them, that is a factor, it always comes down to the fact that I lose pens a lot. I can lose a standard gel pen a day and not ever notice, other than the irritation of constantly going to the store to replace it...but at $80+ each? Hehe, productivity would cease, my employees would be looking for my pen instead of working :)

• Keith Weir likes this

#47 Sterling

Sterling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationYoungsville, NC

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:19 PM

Bit of an update, was out and about today, so decided to stop by and grab a Zebra 701, now looking for a suitable replacement refill. I prefer to write with blue, so I picked up blue refills for the pen when I got it, but don't like ballpoint at all, hoping to find something Gel that will fit. So far have tried a Energel, G2 and 207 refill to no avail.

#48 Craig Schaffer

Craig Schaffer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:52 PM

This Fisher Space Pen.

IMG_20141124_202255_zpszfsagpmk.jpg

• Dom likes this

#49 Mick Taffy Evans

Mick Taffy Evans

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:30 PM

Fisher Space Pen for me too.

I have a Bullet in blue and a PoliceTech wedge from my security days.   Excellent pen for all conditions.

For pencils I like the propelling / clutch type.

Currently using the Pentel 207 but I do have some Pentel GraphGear 500s incoming.  

Much better than an HB that needs constant resharpening.

#50 Glen

Glen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:53 AM

For pencils I like the propelling / clutch type.

Currently using the Pentel 207 but I do have some Pentel GraphGear 500s incoming.  

Much better than an HB that needs constant resharpening.

Pentel make great pencils.  I think I mentioned earlier in the thread that I use a Pentel Kerry, I also keep a P205 on my office desk.  I used to use only woodcase pencils and shun mechanicals, but now I'm a convert - as you said, no sharpening mess; plus with the Kerry I can put the cap on so it doesn't stab me in the leg.

The GraphGear line look like beautiful writing instruments, let us know what you think of them!

ico50-twitter.gif ico50-instagram.gif ico50-tumblr.gif ico50-gplus.gif

#51 Alester Lazar

Alester Lazar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:48 PM

I like the Stainless Parker Jotter.  Looks good, is reliable and cheap.  I've got three hidden in strategic spots around the house.

31aYcffbTwL.jpg

http://www.amazon.co...otter stainless

• Stupendous Walrus likes this

#52 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 870 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:28 PM

14449564021_f62c4dddf3_b.jpg

When I was writing up the Southpaw Gear article I definitely wanted to feature the pen I EDC, the Zebra Surari. Despite having may G2s lying around, for some reason my writing style is really bad for gel pens. Problem solved when I discovered this guy, and even better when last year the local bookstores started carrying it. It does have its faults (it's leaked on me once or twice), but I am in love with its writing flow and feel.

• Chris Szaroleta, Kelly and Tim Kramer like this

#53 Adam Tracksler

Adam Tracksler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:26 PM

Fisher Bullet (In the technical/tactical black) is my EDC pocket pen. 

Schaeffer Friends of Winter Fountain Pen at my desk:

9298-0-3.jpg

Loaded with Pilot Iroshizuku Fountain Pen Ink -  Fuyu-syogun Winter Shogun (I love this ink)

• Stupendous Walrus, Dom and Dave like this

#54 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:03 PM

Very nice Adam.

#55 Alester Lazar

Alester Lazar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:31 PM

I also carry two Jotters in the quiver of my EDC Piccadilly notebook.  

0128151424.jpg

• Glen, Stupendous Walrus, Mikey Bautista and 7 others like this

#56 Mick Taffy Evans

Mick Taffy Evans

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:02 PM

the Quiver looks nice but pricey!

#57 Alester Lazar

Alester Lazar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:20 AM

A little, but I expect to use it forever.  I probably could have made something like this, but I read a review online and decided to just buy it.  Has worked out well for me since I use notebooks a lot.  I may try making something like this for a bigger notebook.

#58 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:23 PM

I really dig that Alester! Beautiful product. I have been looking for something like that lately. Thanks for posting.
  • Alester Lazar likes this

#59 Caleb

Caleb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:04 PM

I have a Parker Jotter too that I got as a gift and has become part of carry recently, I don't always have it on me but Ive been bringing it along more often than not so I think I might make it a part of my normal carry.
  • Alester Lazar likes this

#60 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN Area

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:30 PM

When I was writing up the Southpaw Gear article I definitely wanted to feature the pen I EDC, the Zebra Surari. Despite having may G2s lying around, for some reason my writing style is really bad for gel pens. Problem solved when I discovered this guy, and even better when last year the local bookstores started carrying it. It does have its faults (it's leaked on me once or twice), but I am in love with its writing flow and feel.

Smudging, Mikey?  I see a lot of lefties that smudge across the page as they write.  Maybe once it's realized by teachers/parents that a child is a lefty, they should teach them to write right to left..no more smudging!  I guess that would be a bit like forced Dyslexia...

• Duff72 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users