Pens Writing

217 replies to this topic

#21 Viktor

Viktor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:22 AM

Mine is: Pilot G2 Gel hack with a Mont-Blanc refill. 

http://www.instructa...worlds-best-wr/

• Glen, Andrew, Nick and 2 others like this

#22 Dan

Dan

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:39 AM

Gotta be the space pen

#23 Edgar Morales

Edgar Morales

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:25 AM

Hello!

I write a lot on my work, I prefer the great F-701 from Zebra (pen and  pencil), also I use my father's pen a Stainless steel Parker.

Thanks, see you later.

#24 Shane Roney

Shane Roney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:30 AM

Uni Ball Jetstream FTW!

I usually hate ballpoints, but if you need to use one for convenience or carbon forms, it's the best one out there. 

My instrument of the month is a Pentel EnerGel 0.7

• Keith Weir likes this

#25 Gabriel Reyes

Gabriel Reyes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:45 PM

Attached File  Fisher Space Pen ag7_sideview_open copy.jpg   19.07KB   0 downloads

I carry the Fisher Space Pen, writes great and looks sleek and elegant.

#26 Willbejay

Willbejay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:31 PM

I love the Parker Jotter.  It writes well, is durable and easy to replace.

http://www.amazon.co...CHJJEJ9Q1MNH661

• Keith Weir likes this

#27 JankyBarns

JankyBarns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:15 AM

I have had the worst luck with pens the last month or so. Two bullet space pens lost out of my pocket, and the clicker on my bolt somehow came unscrewed and dropped at some point. So yeah, I was looking for something cheaper to carry. Just did the space pen mod on a Zebra F-701 I had, and I'm loving it. If I lose it, it's only about 12 bucks to replace, so not hurting too much there. The 701 is a great looking pen and feels great in hand. I used to despise the ink in the space pen refills, but I've kind of just gotten used to it and don't mind it anymore. 

• Keith Weir and Peter Yacavone like this

#28 Dom

Dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1010 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:17 PM

Barrington Regent Rollerball

http://www.barringto...rollerball.html

It has a nice weight, smooth ink delivery, screw cap. 

#29 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:52 PM

Just picked up a uni power tank from Amazon. I like this for a cheap click pen. It also writes at any angle. Smooth flow and quick drying.

#30 Andrew

Andrew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:51 PM

I'm curious about the Mont Blanc refil in the G2. I have a G2 Pro solely because the ink works nicely on a Moleskine. Does the Mont Blanc ink work as well or better?

• Keith Weir likes this

#31 Mike

Mike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:56 AM

I carry a Fisher Space Pen Bullet in matte black, and I carry a standard Bic Round Stic. I am all about multipurpose & versatility in what I carry, and the Bics provide the perfect opportunity for just that: It's like a little water proof container so I store some emergency cash, a sewing needle & thread, and a little loose cotton for tinder in mine. 

Did the punk behind the register at McDonald's forget to give you a straw? No worries, you can use the body of your pen as a straw AND you can still write with the core! As a kid, I used to bore a little hole through the middle, add a rubber band and make a mini crossbow. I love the chance to MacGyver anything and Round Stics gave me many chances.

#32 Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:40 PM

a fine point stainless steel sharpie pen, it's refillable, and sturdy, but doesn't look like a tactical pen, and it's cheap enough to loose.

I've NOW successfully modified it to also be a stylus for my tablet, I'll be getting some pics together and posting them here, and maybe on instructables.com

• Keith Weir likes this

#33 Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:10 PM

ALSO seperately, I read on reddit i think somewhere about "hacking" the space pen refil into a zebra, and that if you assemble the parts of two different zebra pens there is an all metal variant.  I'll edit this message if i ever find the original post.

#34 Allan

Allan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:36 PM

A pretty dinged-up black space pen for me. Super-convenient and damn-near indestructible.

#35 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN Area

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:24 PM

I've carried various Zebra pens for years and absolutely LOVE their reliability.  I'm now looking into getting something a little more...serious.  It's going to set you back A LOT for a pen, but I'm hardcore eyeballing the Prometheus.  Check out that link...he also makes SWEET flashlights that I'm also considering. 

#36 browcs

browcs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:44 PM

I've just added a fellhoelter tibolt to my rotation. Love the bolt, great to fiddle with. It also takes space pen refills which is a bonus.

Love mine...outstanding writing instrument.

#37 John B.

John B.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:32 PM

I just got a Ti solid titanium pen that has a removeable stylus tip from Bigidesign. It holds many different refills, so chances are, it will hold your favorite. For now, I have a Uniball signo 207 .5mm in it. Works great! Looks great!

I would like to experiment with other refills if any of you have any suggestions that are comparable to the signo 207.
  • Chris Szaroleta and T Shrapnel-Carruthers like this

#38 Kevin Miller

Kevin Miller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:46 AM

Waterman Expert Rollerball Pen

#39 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN Area

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:18 PM

I just got a Ti solid titanium pen that has a removeable stylus tip from Bigidesign. It holds many different refills, so chances are, it will hold your favorite. For now, I have a Uniball signo 207 .5mm in it. Works great! Looks great!

I would like to experiment with other refills if any of you have any suggestions that are comparable to the signo 207.

Holy @#$%!  I just looked up the pens on Bigidesign...I'm in love.  

• John B. likes this

#40 Jambon

Jambon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:45 AM

I have tried many pens but I always come back to the Parker hotter stainless. It is just the perfect blend of style, function and affordability. Some days though I leave home without it but never fear for on those days when a pen is needed the true utility teleport on my key chain saves the day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users