Pens Writing

217 replies to this topic

#201 JacketMan

JacketMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 10:06 AM

I carry a Tombow XPA outdoor clipped in the front pocket of my jeans and mainly Pilot G2s at my desk.

Attached Files

#202 SavageX

SavageX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 10:21 AM

I love my Zebra F-301 Fine point.

#203 il_diwan

il_diwan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 09:20 PM

I have tried a few EDC pens, in my opinion the fisher space pen is a true EDC pen! light, small and handy in many situations and environments. I have worked in harsh environments, the Fisher space pen has never let me down. I like the other pens, but I usually have a few issues that have made me put them on the side, the worst one being the weight, yes brass and copper are amazing and the patina they develop do give them a personality, but honestly they are more lovely to see than use, I write a lot of notes and the brass and copper certainly do not do the job. The fisher space pen do have a brass edition but it certainly is light and looks amazing. 

If anyone would ever think of getting a pen for all day use, lightweight, has several color options, cheap, good quality and fits in all pockets including your wallet. Then get a Fisher Space Pen! I have 6 now and enjoy switching them to suit the carry and the occasion. 

one issue I would love to pass it on to the makers of the pen, if it possible to add some sort of tiny magnet on the clip and cap. just a thought!

#204 Jason Colson

Jason Colson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:28 PM

I use a RITR pen. Also because I use RITR paper.

• Brendan likes this

#205 Scott Gabrielli

Scott Gabrielli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:45 PM

Bronze Tactile Turn Mover followed by a Machine Era BrassScottGabrielli-08491.jpg?format=1000w(This picture was taken for a patina thread on another forum)

I enjoy both pens, but am still in the search for a better fit. The mover is slightly too large and heavy and the Machine Era's threads are where I like to grip the pen, which I find unpleasant for extended writing. 

#206 J W

J W

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:22 AM

Really liking my Machine Era brass pen....also have a Fisher Space pen in Brass which the wife bought me so guess that should be my favourite! 

#207 Ben

Ben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:08 PM

This is my current EDC.

namisu_2.jpg

Namisu Orion fountain pen in titanium. Light, beefy, comfortable and the nib never dries up, always starts immediately.

#208 seamuis

seamuis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSavannah, London, Baguio

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:05 PM

I've carried a Lamy CP1 fountain pen for years. Fantastic pen and probably the most EDC friendly fountain pen there is. Though recently I have been eyeing a tactileturn glider in brass, with a fisher space pen cartridge. I'd be very interested in this combo for traveling.

#209 CabalPI

CabalPI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:56 AM

I prefer the humble Mitsubishi Pencil Co's Uniball Broad (black). Actually, 'prefer' doesn't do justice to my anal-retentiveness on this, I just can't bring myself to write with a lesser pen. So much so that I feel compelled to buy more when going past the stationery store, just in case... 

I kind of feel like Mel Gibson's character in Conspiracy Theory with his thing for 'Catcher in the Rye'.

#210 Luciano

Luciano

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:39 AM

A couple of months ago a friend returned from Japan gifted me a Pilot frixion, and, dudes, works really great! I didnt´t know them till now, but I´ll be with me for a looong time.

http://blog.tigerpen...-a-contest-too/

#211 Dydimus

Dydimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:08 PM

Recently bought a Zebra Sharbo X LT3.

I wanted a 3 in 1 (blue, red and pencil), read good things about it and decided to try it out. It's doing great, so far.

Oh, yeah, bought this little thing too, an Otho Minimo. It's fantastic, it's almost the length of a credit card, so I can easily carry it inside my wallet.

41L1qZqP0NL._SY450_.jpg

EDC

#212 Syafiq

Syafiq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 03:29 PM

currently its lamy pico in laser orange color

the form factor is great for pocket carry

#213 Ben

Ben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 12:23 PM

Been carrying this one for a few days. It's usually my desk pen. 

pen.jpg

#214 Mark M

Mark M

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:22 AM

I love the midori bullet pencil.

#215 Sock Monkey

Sock Monkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationBetween Ferguson and a radioactive landfill fire. No, really.

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:36 PM

Pilot V5 - writes very well, and is not hard to replace, if lost.

It's​ also very light-weight, which makes it as easy to write with as it is to carry.

#216 Mr_Garth

Mr_Garth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:30 AM

My favorite is my PK design lab tactical pen or Omas America Vespucci. Both of these however require a suit jacket for proper carry. Especially the PK, so half of the time these stay home and I pick up some other pen.

-Garth

#217 The Narrow Gent

The Narrow Gent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:51 PM

Fisher Space Pen for me (both the bullet and click top).

#218 Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:56 AM

I carry a Relefree Tactical pen but not for the "Tacticalness" of it. The pen has a super strong clip that is wide enough to clip to a belt, which is where I normally carry it. Has a Fisher Space Pen refill - Parker style. Added some 1/2 heat shrink tubing to the end for better grip while writing.

Yesterday I bought a Sharpie keychain marker for a buck at Staples. Very surprised at how fine a point this has. Might make an ok space pen replacement for anyone on a budget. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users