Pens Writing

217 replies to this topic

#1 Nick S

Nick S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:24 PM

I recently found through this site the Fisher Space Pen. I ordered it and was worth the money! Great small pen to carry that works in a lot of different conditions and writes very smooth! What are your thoughts on this pen or other great pens to try ut & carry?

• Gabriel Reyes and serena zheng like this

#2 Ted

Ted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:11 PM

I have the Fisher Bullet in raw brass; I like brass because it's antimicrobial and I'm kinda a germaphobe :wacko: . Hate the smudgy, clumpy Fisher ink though. Since I don't write underwater or in outerspace very frequently (or at all), I'm going to replace with a fine tip Zebra refill.

• Vilde Moland likes this

#3 NJR

NJR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:10 PM

I had the Fished Space Pen Bullet, and for the most part I enjoyed the writing and size of it. However, after only a few months it slipped out of my pocket and I'm afraid it's gone forever. It had slipped out a few times before, but I was able to recover it. For now I've been carrying a Pilot G-2 .5. I've really come to like this fine point pen.

#4 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:47 PM

I always have a Fisher bullet pen with me. I just wish the ink wasn't so blotchy . I also carry a sharpie pen quite a bit.
  • Glen, Griffen Kociela, Matt and 1 other like this

#5 Plumblucky1

Plumblucky1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:00 PM

I used to carry a stainless sharpie pen until I lost it. Now I just recently started carrying my rotring core ballpoint with a Schmidt fine point refil in it.
  • Duff72 and John Gleich like this

#6 Plumblucky1

Plumblucky1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:00 PM

Attached File  image.jpg   77.2KB   9 downloads

#7 Lee

Lee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:42 AM

I use a Cross Click with black gel ball point cartridge.

I previously used a Zebra F301 & F701 but this Cross came up at a really good price so thought why not.

Also used to have a traditional Cross ball point but its a faff to use at work every day

#8 Olsson

Olsson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:39 AM

I usually carry a Lamy Vista Fountain Pen (Demonstrator). Not suitable for space application :-)

• Miche likes this

#9 Damian D

Damian D

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:43 AM

Fisher Space Pen, because pocket space is a commodity.

• Gabriel Reyes likes this

#10 Seth Kalapp

Seth Kalapp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:10 PM

Fisher Bullet Pen, in the change pocket!

#11 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:20 PM

I use a pencil, in the change pocket with the SAK. When I lose it I just get a new one. I keep finding pencils, don't remember ever buying one.

#12 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:48 PM

Kaweco Liliput at the moment. Tiny and inexpensive fountain pen of great quality. Chose it because of the screw on cap; means it's safe in the pocket. I have an old, 18 karat Mont Blanc Meisterstuck that was a gift that I use for special occasions. (Currently stored in a lockbox).

I'm looking to switch to a more convenient ball point though. Probably a twist cap from Shaeffer. Suggestions?

#13 Robert Fejes

Robert Fejes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:54 PM

Fisher Trekker. Its fastened to my nylon belt key keeper so it's hard to lose.

#14 Stewart

Stewart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 02:40 PM

I tend to alternate between a Tuffwriter operator and a Hinderer investigator but I also carry a Kensington pen that has a stylus for my iPad.

#15 elizabeth

elizabeth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:30 PM

ba7e129a-cfc6-4b92-9e68-5755c98d561f_zps

Pilor Petit1 with Noodler's Texas Black Bat ink

• browcs, Dylan, Dylan Richards and 1 other like this

#16 Glen

Glen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:31 AM

I prefer to write with a mechanical pencil; I carry a Pentel Kerry 0.5mm using HB Pentel Ain Stein Lead.  The cap makes it pocket safe so it doesn't stab me in the leg, it looks great in meetings, it has a good build and a nice weight. I've had it for 6 months and still enjoy using it every time I pull it out of my pocket or bag.

PBGRxYy.jpg

(I do however carry my old trusty Fisher Bullet Space Pen in my bag!)

• Duff72 and Marc like this

ico50-twitter.gif ico50-instagram.gif ico50-tumblr.gif ico50-gplus.gif

#17 Stewart

Stewart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:46 PM

I've just added a fellhoelter tibolt to my rotation. Love the bolt, great to fiddle with. It also takes space pen refills which is a bonus.

Attached Files

• Glen, Plumblucky1 and browcs like this

#18 John Gleich

John Gleich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNorth Chicago, IL

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:57 PM

Stainless Steel Sharpie marker

Stainless Steel Sharpie pen (need to pick up another one... last one slipped out of my pocket)

In the mean time, I've carried a Uniball Jetstream.

I also have an Embassy Pen (hated the Space Pen insert and the fact that the pen cap didn't post... I have huge hands and the pen just felt tiny.)

I have a Prometheus Alpha Pen that I really like... but I'm getting tired of buying the expensive MontBlanc refills. That, and, when carrying both the Alpha pen and Sharpie pen, I found myself 1) liking the much-finer line of the Sharpie pen and 2) rationalized that I was "spending" less money when writing if I was using the Sharpie instead, since I could replace it more inexpensively.

I was looking at the Ti2 Techliner (https://www.kickstar...brass-and-coppe) but... shoot, looks like the Kickstarter is over.

I've used the Signo 207 pens that it uses and, even though it goes through the refill quicker, due to the type of ink, the refills are very inexpensive and easy to get. Much more inexpensive/easier to get than the Fineliner.

#19 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:33 PM

I prefer to write with a mechanical pencil; I carry a Pentel Kerry 0.5mm using HB Pentel Ain Stein Lead.  The cap makes it pocket safe so it doesn't stab me in the leg, it looks great in meetings, it has a good build and a nice weight. I've had it for 6 months and still enjoy using it every time I pull it out of my pocket or bag.

PBGRxYy.jpg

(I do however carry my old trusty Fisher Bullet Space Pen in my bag!)

I will second the love for this pencil. Mine is 20+ years old and still going strong.
  • Glen, Marc and Mason Delpino like this

#20 Larry Hartzell

Larry Hartzell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:49 PM

Uni Ball Jetstream FTW!
  • John Gleich likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users