3 replies to this topic

#1 Daveho

Daveho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:30 PM

I have just finished up as a spare parts bloke for a car dealership and have started in real estate sales, a huge jump I know but there is good reason behind it.
Most have no idea what a sales agent actually does on a day to day basis as there is so much flexibility as to what an agent can do, anything from walking the streets handing out pamphlets, meeting with strangers in their house, walking a construction site, running an open house or getting coffee in a trendy coffeehouse.
Truely it’s so varied, my Fitbit shows anything from 10k to 20k on a given day generally.
I’m working on figuring out how to best setup my new EDC and have settled on the 5.11 Lima messenger bag, more to come :)
  • Mikey Bautista and METH Review Channel like this

#2 Daveho

Daveho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:14 PM

Something I have been considering is that it would be good to have a non lethal self defence method based on the experiences thus far, here in Australia of cause one should be assaulted/murdered then lodge a complaint about it but items like an extendable baton can be had with a security permit however it dosnt seem cost effective to maintain this sort of permit in order to carry a baton, perhaps I should go to the woods and clean up a nice hardwood stick..

#3 Daveho

Daveho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:36 PM

Thanks for the tips, I actually have a rush12 that was my EDC for many years when I was in the auto industry however as I’m required to wear a suit regularly now a messenger bag is more inconspicuous.
My EDC gear is pretty set and I have several years of use in most of it but it’s a good adventure learning the new job and the requirements of it.
As a 28 year old fit looking guy I would look very odd carrying a cane that said I do have training with several Japanese feudal weapons however things like tonfa are illigal too.
Id probably get away with escrima sticks but again it’s not a professional look, I’ll see what I can get I the concealed carry pocket when I get the bag, typically a single stick is all I would need to have a chance.

#4 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 781 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:52 PM

Had a buddy that carried an Unbreakable Umbrella for over a decade and has served him well as an umbrella itself (fortunately he's never been in a situation that he's had to use it). It eventually broke one of its ribs and needs a repair, but no doubt that thing was built like a tank. They sell three versions of it on the site and may be a practical, discreet option for you.

• Daveho likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users