3 replies to this topic

#1 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:53 AM

I saw this question on a Facebook group and wanted to get the forums input.

If given the choice of a single bladed Alox (or solo), or an Opinel, which would you choose?

I know both companies have some diehard fans. I love my Victorinox pioneer, so I'd go with that, even though it's not the solo version (I'd love to have one). However, Opinels have always caught my eye and are on my wishlist.

#2 Darren Tong

Darren Tong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 09:25 PM

I would go with SAK. I get the appeal of Opinels. But they are finicky knives. A lot of people are not aware that these require a lot of attention and treatment before using to get the kind of performance and look that is raved about. Without it, you take it out of the box and use it or even just leave it there, it will turn to crap fast. Opinels are not for everyone. If you know how to treat it, its a sexy stylized performer. If you don't, its garbage.

SAK, you take it out of the box and 30 years later, its the same great performing knife you remember.

• KlaudeMarks likes this

#3 TonySal

TonySal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:15 PM

I think it's apples v. Oranges - I carry a SAK EDC cause I dont really need my 200 buck BM or my big old Buck lol.
I see multiple carry on these sites, the Opinel has uses I may not need but I own a few... carry what you need, or carry multiple like some do! :)

#4 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:45 PM

I've definitely debated having one in my bag I take to work or leave in my locker as a lunch knife.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users