Posted 05 May 2015 - 12:27 AM

I have an addiction for clothes.for a lifetime of use but so expensive

#22 Matthew Fielding

Matthew Fielding

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:47 PM

5.11 rush 24 is my go to bag. Next up is the covert 18 by 5.11.

#23 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:16 PM

5.11 rush 24 is my go to bag. Next up is the covert 18 by 5.11.

Simply cannot go wrong with 5.11.
  • Stuart likes this

#24 Dave

Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 01:47 AM

timbuk2 is my go to messenger/manpack.  like the messenger style and flexibility.  not a back pack not a brief case but has funcinality of both.  Timbuk2 uses top end material, great workmanship, has a lifetime warranty and their bags are totally custamisable. 

• big Easy and Moose like this

#25 Arnie

Arnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:09 PM

I wish I knew about the 5.11 bags when I bought my Maxpedition Condor backpack. Hate the thing. Very uncomfortable with any kind of weight in it. It sits in the back of my closet with my Hazard 4 Rocket.
  • Stupendous Walrus likes this

#26 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:24 PM

I wish I knew about the 5.11 bags when I bought my Maxpedition Condor backpack. Hate the thing. Very uncomfortable with any kind of weight in it. It sits in the back of my closet with my Hazard 4 Rocket.

Really? I've heard nothing but good things about Maxpedition. Is it just ergonomically unbalanced? Would love some more details.

Also, we have a section to sell your goods on here. Unload it and buy a 5.11 ;)
  • Dave and Zach Glass like this

#27 Arnie

Arnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:38 PM

The straps get very uncomfortable with a heavy load. They dig into your shoulders and there is a seam towards the bottom on the back (where it sits against your back) that also digs into your back.

#28 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:45 PM

Hm. Sounds like a design flaw. Good to know!

#29 Jorruss

Jorruss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:35 AM

A cheap option for a small EDC sling pack is the Red Rock Outdoor Gear Rover. It goes for about $30 on Amazon and is comparable to the packs from 5.11 and Maxpedition. It's a good option if you are like me and want to try going with a man-purse type of carry vs everything in pockets or some larger backpack. It's also well sized to leave in your car as a small "get home" bag.

I'm thinking of trying one, and at that price if I don't like it I haven't spent over $100 for it to sit in the closet.

http://redrockoutdoo...over-sling-pack

• WallyGator and Moose like this

#30 big Easy

big Easy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:01 PM

I saw the man pack on sharktank, I think they shot it down, but i cant remember. The name is as you said, pretty terrible. The Bolstr in my opinion looks like a purse. But i'm not one to carry a bag like this around all day. I actually just picked up a 5.11 Tactical LIMA messenger bag and so far it's great, a lot of pockets i probably won't use though. It also has an unnecessary amount of velcro in spots that it doesnt need.

I'm pretty sure they didn't get a deal either....

#31 big Easy

big Easy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:23 PM

A cheap option for a small EDC sling pack is the Red Rock Outdoor Gear Rover. It goes for about $30 on Amazon and is comparable to the packs from 5.11 and Maxpedition. It's a good option if you are like me and want to try going with a man-purse type of carry vs everything in pockets or some larger backpack. It's also well sized to leave in your car as a small "get home" bag.

I'm thinking of trying one, and at that price if I don't like it I haven't spent over $100 for it to sit in the closet.

I like this pack! Right now I'm using some little 24.99 pack from National Park Depot. I didn't like the straps so I replaced them with a sling type (pretty much the same as this one) works well!

#32 SavageX

SavageX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:42 AM

I just got the 5.11 Push Pack. I absolutely love it. Big enough to hold all the crap I used to stuff in my pockets plus a few other things I want to have me just in case. I am also one that tends to over pack for everything so the small size keeps me from overdoing it.

#33 Scott

Scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:05 AM

I just picked up: http://www.dsptch.co...waist-bag-black

The fidlock closure system is a godsend. Big enough for a fullsized notebook and an Ipad ect, its really great to store all my edc stuff in there.

• big Easy and WallyGator like this

#34 blackfeathers

blackfeathers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:33 PM

I just picked up: http://www.dsptch.co...waist-bag-black

The fidlock closure system is a godsend. Big enough for a fullsized notebook and an Ipad ect, its really great to store all my edc stuff in there.

Love the design and carry of this small bag. On a table or flat surface, it stands up at an angle for easy access to the pockets, as how you see it on their webpage. 

The only thing for me is that - since it's ambidextrous by design - there are buckles on both ends of the straps without a secondary "secure" locking mechanism. By default, any thief or pick pocket artist can simply open a buckle on either side and walk off with your pack.

#35 Sam Nehf

Sam Nehf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 12:02 AM

I use this bag as my day pack for work and in my jeep. Perfect size for my needs, only gripe is that I have to use a carabiner to attach a water bottle. Small enough to move from vehicle to office to work truck while carrying everything I need. I've had this pack for a few months, prior to this I had a condor backpack and loved it, however with bigger bags I tried to carry more things so having a small pack really makes you think of the essentials. Yes it looks like a man purse to some but it's tactical enough to make them eat there words no ask where they can get one

#36 Lori Lee Bravo

Lori Lee Bravo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:07 PM

I'm not a man, but I do need a bag that's not a purse. Been thinking of this one:

http://www.amazon.co...=cm_wl_huc_item

I don't think it would embarrass you guys too much, and although it does have some molle, I think I could get away with it in very casual situations.

Wondering if the iPad would fit....

#37 Armando

Armando

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:57 PM

I've used the man-pack for the past two years and I have to say for what I need it's a great bag. It has held up well and I'm pretty ruff around the edges. The large compartment is just big enoug for essentials (journal, books) and enough pockets inside for gadgets like battery charger and such.
Inexpensive pens and markers are great for the outside, easy to get and put back. The little pocket next to the pens holds bungee cords, nail trimmer, tape, stuff like that. The water bottle pouch works wel. I also added a condor pouch to the MOLLE section that holds my flashlight really well.
As for the hidden pouch I keep a 9 mm with the holster sold by man-pack. Since I was oing to be carrying a firearm I did not want a bag that screams out "watch out for me ". All in all I am really satisfied with my bag.

#38 Moose

Moose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:16 PM

Man-pack seems expensive for what it is (especially the leather version. $500!! Jeez!) but value is subjective so maybe it's just me.  I too use a TImbuk2 large messenger for my uni stuff- Laptop, folders, books, food, etc. It can take the weight no probs (stitching tends to suffer on lesser bags when under load), and with the secondary cross body strap it can be secured to the body firmly so doesn't try to slide round to the front like some other bags. I used one as a courier back in the day too ( which is why I returned to them years later when I got fed up of ruck sacks).  They are tough as old boots and far from tacticool.  Come in various sizes. I gifted a medium sized TImbuk2 to my brother a few years back and he still uses as his work bag to this day.  When I want a smaller carry I use an olive green Victorinox teardrop monosling. Mine has a pocket on the side that can take a 500ml bottle.  Again top quality product.  I got it cheap from a TK Max store.  Again, it's very non military in looks.  I added a secondary strap to it to for keeping it securely in place when riding my MTB or jogging.  The monosling is pretty small so it does make me consider more carefully what I carry on the days when I use it. 

I like the look of the Rover sling pack.  Dark earth would be my pick  ;-)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bags, man-pack, man purse, bolstr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users