6 replies to this topic

#1 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:01 PM

Hey everyone, looks like I bought a copy of a very well respected and great knife. Thoughts on copies? I personally do not like them and didn’t do my research on my impulse buy on eBay. Please send me your thoughts and comments on this.
  • Ludovic Babin likes this

#2 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 870 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:41 PM

I wouldn't trust a fake if it's a tool or product I need to rely on, pretty much end of story for me. I'd rather buy inexpensive than cheap or a copy.

• Ron likes this

#3 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1379 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:18 PM

I will and have bought less than stellar quality for things that get light or limited use, and have had decent luck with them for the most part. When I need a good tool, I buy a good tool and spend what it takes to have it. What pisses me off to no end is some knockoff pulling a scam on a reputable and well respected maker by knocking off their hard earned reputation, research and development, and high quality manufacturing process. It's a scurrilous attack on the integrity of the original and in most cases, a copyright infringement and 100% illegal. 

• Ron likes this

#4 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:29 PM

Coldwater I feel the same way. I saw the add and thought it looked like a nice knife and price was good. That being said it looks to be a direct copy of the Sebenza and advertised as USA made and a website also. Should have looked into it more but lesson learned, same reason I won’t ever buy a Ganzo or similar brand. A bad purchase on my part.
  • coldwater likes this

#5 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1379 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:54 PM

Coldwater I feel the same way. I saw the add and thought it looked like a nice knife and price was good. That being said it looks to be a direct copy of the Sebenza and advertised as USA made and a website also. Should have looked into it more but lesson learned, same reason I won’t ever buy a Ganzo or similar brand. A bad purchase on my part.

It's a damned shame these scoundrels get away with screwing people. 

#6 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:35 PM

Agreed, but if a real Sebanza is as well built as the one I have and as nice to handle I will purchase a real one. This thing is built like a tank.

#7 Highlander

Highlander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:31 AM

do not ever buy a copy, you are supporting the industry of clones out there, many companies spend millions to get rid of these people, by getting them you are directly supporting them 

• Ludovic Babin likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users