11 replies to this topic

#1 Jonny

Jonny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:42 PM

Ok so my family always complains that I am apparently hard to shop for, what can I say though I usually don't have a lot I really want/need. I thought I would see what suggestions I could get from some of the guys here for my Christmas list. I don't hunt/fish/camp near as much as I used to, & I am a graphic designer. 
I have a Wingman as well as a clutch & a few off brand multitools I've been given over the years, I have multiple knifes of varying brands (though I don't have an assisted opening knife yet), I have a steel pen as well. 
What are some relatively affordable things that you would suggest I put on my list. I told my dad I need/want a dremel tool but what else is good to list? 

#2 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:14 AM

Not knowing anything about you personally, it's tough to make any suggestions. Sounds like you're not an outdoor enthusiast, your job is desk bound rather than physically demanding, and I'll assume you are a renter and not a homeowner? I guess you may want to concentrate on any hobbies you may have, and go from there.

#3 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:30 PM

You might just be an Amazon gift card type of guy
  • Jonny likes this

EDC Culture

gearfacts.com

#4 METH Review Channel

METH Review Channel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:00 PM

Honestly It is hard to make a suggestion based of what you said. However I do think there is a solution. Ask them for a 30oz YETI rambler or 36oz YETI bottle. Then use some of your graphic design skills and custom print some of your own art on it. That way you can show off your personality while staing hydrated all day, sipping on your morning coffee, or even drinking around the fire or at a bbq. Check out our review.  

• Jonny and KlaudeMarks like this

#5 Jonny

Jonny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:36 PM

Not knowing anything about you personally, it's tough to make any suggestions. Sounds like you're not an outdoor enthusiast, your job is desk bound rather than physically demanding, and I'll assume you are a renter and not a homeowner? I guess you may want to concentrate on any hobbies you may have, and go from there.

Actually I am a homeowner :)
I enjoy the outdoors I just don't take the time to go enjoy them like I should

#6 Jonny

Jonny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:40 PM

Honestly It is hard to make a suggestion based of what you said. However I do think there is a solution. Ask them for a 30oz YETI rambler or 36oz YETI bottle. Then use some of your graphic design skills and custom print some of your own art on it. That way you can show off your personality while staing hydrated all day, sipping on your morning coffee, or even drinking around the fire or at a bbq. Check out our review.

Yeaaaaa about that. I have a Wal-Mart brand one and an unbranded one I got from work that has the company logo on them. Neither keep anything warm past 2 hours but both are great for iced drinks. My contigo mug I got from Wal-Mart is the best mug I have ever had, it keeps coffee hot for 5 hours and drinkable temp up to 7 hours total.

#7 Jonny

Jonny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:40 PM

You might just be an Amazon gift card type of guy

You know that isn't a bad idea
  • KlaudeMarks likes this

#8 METH Review Channel

METH Review Channel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:56 AM

Yeaaaaa about that. I have a Wal-Mart brand one and an unbranded one I got from work that has the company logo on them. Neither keep anything warm past 2 hours but both are great for iced drinks. My contigo mug I got from Wal-Mart is the best mug I have ever had, it keeps coffee hot for 5 hours and drinkable temp up to 7 hours total.

Yeaaaa about that... It tends to happen when you buy low quality products. Real YETI ramblers will keep coffee HOT for 6+ hours guaranteed.  

• WallyGator and KlaudeMarks like this

#9 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:58 PM

Actually I am a homeowner :)
I enjoy the outdoors I just don't take the time to go enjoy them like I should

Then you should be easy to buy for. A home owner can't possibly have enough tools!

• KlaudeMarks likes this

#10 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:08 PM

Yeaaaa about that... It tends to happen when you buy low quality products. Real YETI ramblers will keep coffee HOT for 6+ hours guaranteed.

I beg to differ. RTIC has gave me the same quality as YETI
  • coldwater likes this

EDC Culture

gearfacts.com

#11 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:44 AM

I beg to differ. RTIC has gave me the same quality as YETI

Gotta agree. I have a $14 Contico cup that does the same. 

#12 WallyGator

WallyGator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationSwamps of Florida

Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:11 AM

Gotta agree. I have a $14 Contico cup that does the same. 

I drink a lot of water and left my Bubba mug on the roof of my wife's car so bye bye mug. Went to Walmart and got a Contico mug. It keeps ice cold for hours and the price was right. I'm sure yeti products are wonderful but they're too rich for my blood. I'd probably lose overboard or something. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Christmas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users