#1 Ephie

Ephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:51 PM

Does anyone own the Olight M2R Warrior that Mikey Bautista highlighted recently as a staff pick?
http://everydaycarry...3&feed=staff#pf
I’m looking to update my EDC light and this appears to be a good option.
This review I found seemed pretty thougrough

#2 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 781 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:23 AM

I'm set to receive it in a couple of weeks, it already shipped from Olight. I actually preordered it while I was writing the article, couldn't resist, haha.

#3 Ephie

Ephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:44 AM

I just ordered one.
I get it on Tuesday, I’ll report back.
  • Mikey Bautista likes this

#4 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 781 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:04 AM

Watching the video now, as if I needed any more reason to get excited about it, haha.

I take it you're passing on the ThruNite now in favor of this?

#5 Ephie

Ephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:39 AM

No, I’m going to get that as well.
The Olight is a replacemt for my EDC light, which I have not upgraded in years. Aside from taking it with me hunting and fishing, it’s a good size and strength for EDC here in Manhattan. You don’t want to travel on a NYC subway or work in a tall building here without a good light at the ready.
The ThruNite TN42 will be to keep at a house I just bought. It’s in a heavily wooded area and I have a boat dock down the road I’ll be using. I want something powerful to use in a rural setting. Plus, from what I’ve seen on line, it can be used to temporarily blind someone in the unlikely event of a break in at the house.

#6 Ephie

Ephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:58 AM

I received mine on Monday and have been trying it out.  I am no light expert but its damn bright.  I also just like the feel of it in my hand, it is a good size with nice heft and grooves.

To be honest, I had to watch a couple of YouTube videos to keep track of how to utilize all of the features, It is not complex, I just have no experience with lights like this.  I am embarrassed to say how old my existing light is, an old Thrunite with one level of brightness and just a simple on off button.  I do not foresee using the strobe much and will likely use the button at the cap end (which is silent when you press it) more often than the side button but all in I am very satisfied  It is a lot of light for its size.

For some of you the magnetic charging feature is nothing new but it is for me, that is pretty cool and convenient.  

The guy who did the original video I posted here did a recent update, which I have included.  

#7 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 781 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:23 AM

Are you enjoying its use so far? I can't wait to get mine!

#8 Ephie

Ephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:59 AM

Living in an apartment building I have not had the opportunity to really test all that it has to offer yet. 

Although I did amuse my 8 year old the other night by being able to shine the beam onto  the roof of an apartment building across the street.  I am not certain of what that distance is.

I will be able to get more use out of it this weekend.

I very briefly tested the strobe and turbo mode on myself and while I will be very happy to never have to rely on this light for self defense, there is no doubt that it will temporarily impact the vision of any unfriendly.  

#9 Ephie

Ephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:47 PM

The more I use this light the more I enjoy it.
I used it quite a bit today during a house inspection, which had me taking advantage of the different light levels and it was very helpful. I had written earlier that I foresaw using the side button less than the one in the cap end but I no longer feel that’s the case. The side button is very useful if you are needing to constantly utilize different light levels as I had to today. You click the side button once and it brings you to the lowest setting and then you hold it down and it will cycle through the different levels of brightness.

#10 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 781 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:47 AM

Finally got mine and have had a few days to play with it!

I'm quite enjoying this light as well and I couldn't be happier that I picked one up. I'm with everyone else with the feedback regarding how the Turbo works, and I do wish the tailcap were easier to press, but detract in no way from my enjoyment of the light. The fact that I don't need to buy an extra charger is just icing on the cake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users