8 replies to this topic

#1 Ron

Ron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:10 PM

I am ready to purchase my next Benchmade knife. I already own a 556 Mini Grip its a great EDC knife and it's more than expected in quality and the blade is excellent, working on new scales as I don't care much for them. Please send me your suggestions and thoughts and also any info on custom scales for the Mini Grip would be great.

Cheers
Ron

#2 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:49 PM

Sky's the limit. I might recommend that you stay away from glitzy bling scales like the anodized flat aluminum ones, and stay with something more easily gripped and ergonomic.

• Ron likes this

#3 Brendan

Brendan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:18 PM

G10 scales are always classy and functional.

As for your next Benchmade, maybe you go the custom route on their website of you have the money to do so.
  • Ron likes this
26th-infantry-division-subdued-patch.jpg

#4 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 756 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:32 AM

I find the new 535 Bugout interesting but as others have said, the sky's the limit, really, on Benchmade. Here's a recent review I was watching:

• Ron likes this

#5 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:08 PM

I have some interest in the Benchmade Boost. It's a good looking blade made of S30V. The mini Barrage is a wonderful knife as well. I own several. And the Arcane is just plain beautiful, but a little spendy.

• Ron likes this

#6 colin.p

colin.p

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:10 PM

Ha, I was just in the same dilema as you. I bought a mini grip back in June and was smitten with the axis lock. I first was looking at the mini barrage but was a little turned off by the assisted opening negating the ease of closing one handed. I then fixated on a few other models all around the same price point starting with the 531, the 707 and then the 908. By that time I was getting close to the $200 (CAD) level. I then said screw it and get what I always wanted to anyway, the 940-2. It really is the quintessential EDC knife.

Oh and to add, a week after I got the 940-2, a co-worker said he had a well used BM knife for sale (cheap) and it turned out to be a Barrage. Real nice knife, opens startlingly quick and built like a tank. Still need two hands to close it though.

• Ron likes this

#7 Brendan

Brendan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:21 PM

Not if you're using your pants leg.
One hand slides axis lock back, and sweep the blade closed
26th-infantry-division-subdued-patch.jpg

#8 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:00 AM

I highly regret trading off my full size Ritter Grip :( Another Benchmade is in my future, but not sure when. Currently, I'm drawn to the triage (not the blunt tip), adamas, and the 940. Being that hindsight is 20/20, I should have just bought aftermarket scales for the Ritter grip, as I didn't like the cheap feel of the stock scales...to each its own, though. Regardless, Benchmade has got the best customer service, which draws me toward them more than any other company. 

• Brendan and Ron like this

#9 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:21 PM

Not if you're using your pants leg.
One hand slides axis lock back, and sweep the blade closed

Yup. Just takes a little practice. I can flip any of my assisted open Benchmades closed quick as a flash. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users