Product links

1 reply to this topic

#1 Dan Merchant

Dan Merchant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:10 PM

Do you guys ever actually test the product links you provide or that are provided too you?  Clearly you can't be, because frequently I will click on items I'd like to know more about only to be redirected too the Amazon website, in which products are never found by Amazon.  Its frustrating for you to put crap links for items and then never be able to find them. I understand if the item is a one off or purchased 20 yrs ago, but for current things and for items that are not even on Amazon, you shouldn't post them.

#2 Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:22 PM

Hey Dan.

When we post our EDC we start typing the name of the items in the photo and this site finds them on Amazon. We pick the closest one if an exact match isn't available. Could be Amazon made a change on their site so the link is no longer valid. Who knows.

We put in the name and there are many search engines to choose from. Another option is ask the poster where he or she found the item.

If the link works or not doesn't matter to me because I shop Amazon.ca and the links are always Amazon.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users