O Light SR1 Baton

5 replies to this topic

#1 Todd Davis

Todd Davis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:56 PM

I currently have this light as my EDC light.It has been a great little light for both on and off duty.  Now I am having a small little issue with it and was wondering if anyone else has this issue, and if they do found a fix for it.

Every once in a while It will not turn on. It is not locked and charged, but will not turn on. IF I loosen the battery cap and then tighten it it will work just fine.

Anyone have any thoughts???

thanks all

• LadyHoole likes this

#2 Andrew Cohen

Andrew Cohen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationMonterey/Santa Cruz border, California

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:41 PM

Try contacting O Light. I have found them to be pretty responsive to questions I've had in the past. Also, the S1R has a 5 year warranty according to the ads.

I wonder if the switch is sticky, or the hood is wearing out? 

#3 Todd Davis

Todd Davis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:18 PM

I did send them and email without success.  Will try again Thanks for the response

#4 Todd Davis

Todd Davis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:50 PM

So they got back to me about my issue, did what they said to try and... now the light will not charge.   Not very happy with my light at this point.  Anyone have any ideas for something similar>????

#5 John B.

John B.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:50 PM

I also own one of these - can you share what troubleshooting steps they gave you to try so that I know what (not) to do?

#6 Todd Davis

Todd Davis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:03 PM

They advised me to clean all the contacts with rubbing alcohol. They also ask me to tighten the inside of the end cap.  Neither of that did anyting as far as I could tell.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users