2 replies to this topic

#1 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:49 AM

Picked up this Ka Bar on a whim from a guy at work, gave me the box and all the paperwork. I didn't realize I was getting a limited edition, and from some research, this may possibly be a knife that MSRP'd over $100.

I was expecting the lock back design which nearly all the Doziers have, but some came with a liner lock, which this also has. I wasn't wanting another liner lock, since I just got a rat 2, but this knife has some thick liners. I provided side by side pictures of the Dozier and Rat 2 for comparison.

D2 tool steel instead of Aus 8. The blade is also quite thick, which I like.

The handles I'm unsure of.

I'm not a huge fan of Ka Bar, but this was cheap and I was happy to see it a bit overbuilt, compared to my other knives. It's numbered 554-1000, which is insignificant to me other than I know it was a limited edition.

For me, I'm just gonna abuse it and see how it holds up.

Let me know what you all think? Thoughts on Ka Bar? Thoughts on this model? And please, if anyone has anymore info on it, let me know. Model number 4083, d2 steel, 554-1000. Attached File  IMG_20170817_103157900.jpg   64.99KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_20170817_103226063.jpg   68.05KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_20170817_103255348.jpg   62.15KB   0 downloads

Traveling East

#2 Ephie

Ephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:44 AM

I do not know that particular model number but I do own a this Ka Bar Dozier    

https://www.amazon.c...onstactical-20 

I actually own it in blaze orange, I keep it in a fishing and hunting bag and its just easier to spot in low light.

https://www.amazon.c...B6CRXP5RCF17FSK

I really like this knife.  I look at so many expensive knives, its nice to find a good, functional knife for $21.  Its sharp out of the box, good grip, very light weight, thin handle.  I also like the lockback design.  For an inexpensive knife they definitely thought of the little things.  They left the scaling off the handle in the small circle where the clip presses against your pocket to cut down on wear an tear.

#3 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:05 AM

Update on the Dozier. While I'm aware this knife is not capable of this, I just wanted to abuse it more than I'd ever consider using a folder... So I tried to baton through about a 2-3" pine limb, and while the lock held up, i destroyed the blade, breaking off the entire edge. I'll try to get pics if I'm not too lazy.

Long story short, I had my council tool Hudson Bay axe I could have used to remove this limb, as it was in my way where I mow. I figured this knife has no real value to me so I figured I'd baton it, just to see, and alas, I see.

Traveling East

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users